• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Reboot based on the comics, or completely new?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
New story. Just like the TV show rebooted the movie. I think a reboot should be a reboot not an alternate reality retelling like the BOOM! comics are doing.

Priceless

Scooby
I'd like to see elements taken from the Boom comics in any new reboot. I think Boom Xander is great, it's nice to see Joyce having a romantic relationship, and Willow being out at the start of the story. Their Buffy is not well written and has little actual character and I'd hope a reboot would make the effort and spend the time to give Buffy a personality.

white avenger

white avenger
New show title, new back story line, new characters, new location, Make the only connection between this and the original series the fact that they are both in the same universe.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I think the comics are a great way to test out various ideas, the most successful should appear in the series, but turning the Comics into "Rebuild of Buffy?' Like if Xander shows up in Buffy of Color, he's the guy who was turned into a vampire? No, that's not needed. That's as bad as Joss insisting the movie didn't happen, but the original script did. Unless they hard reboot the series (which, in all fairness, why wouldn't they?)

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The comics were places to try out ideas (like moving everything to Scotland) that would be too expensive to do in a TV series. Going from the comics would involve carrying on from all the choices that were made in the comics. It wouldn't make things any better than a hard reboot.

Spanky
Spanky
My thought when the comics were mentioned was the comics reboot, not the original ones.
Top Bottom