• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Remove one episode

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
There's been a lot of people say that the ending of season 5 felt rushed. So if you could remove one episode from earlier in the season to expand the end which episode would it be?

katmobile

Scooby
It's gotta be either Unleashed, Life of the Party or Numero Cinco. I vote Numero Cinco. Why We Fight was badly executed and unnecessary too so that's on the table too - in fact I'd probably go for that one despite it having some ideas in it they're not well explored enough to justify it staying.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
I have to say I loved s5 so no I would not take anything out..!

KaitKat

Potential
The one with the Immortal where Angel and Spike go to Italy.

I like the idea of all of them moving on and moving forward, it’s healthy but the was the story was told just didn’t do anything for me. Then in the comics they did a take back.

Faded90

Scooby
I like the idea of all of them moving on and moving forward, it’s healthy but the was the story was told just didn’t do anything for me. Then in the comics they did a take back.
I actually hate the comic retcon which was blatant fanservice. It was basically ‘don’t worry Buffy hasn’t moved on! She still just fantasises about her vampire boyfriends’. Angel and Spike are allowed to get new lovers and attempt to move on but Buffy needs to stick to one of the two apparently

It’s a huge part of why I despise the comics to be honest

KaitKat

Potential
I actually hate the comic retcon which was blatant fanservice. It was basically ‘don’t worry Buffy hasn’t moved on! She still just fantasises about her vampire boyfriends’. Angel and Spike are allowed to get new lovers and attempt to move on but Buffy needs to stick to one of the two apparently

It’s a huge part of why I despise the comics to be honest

Agreed, she stops moving forward. I want better for her than that.

Angel6

Potential
Sineya
Absolutely. Pretty much everyone is either a characature or a major regression of their S7 self in the comics though
Damn those comics sucked. I had such high hopes for the Boom reboot.

Faded90

Scooby
Can we please stick to the topic
Oops sorry! Can I just get rid of purely the ‘It doesn’t matter how badass you think you are because I’m Angel and I beat the bad guys’ moment. Keep the rest of the episode but this moment makes my soul die a little bit 😂. There’s no episode I hate more than that moment!

Priceless

Scooby
Have to agree with everyone who says Numero Cinco has to go. It has no real purpose, isn't funny and has no real depth.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
If I could get rid of one episode from Angel season 5, it would be The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco. Mostly because it just doesn't fit with the story that's going on in season 5, if feels like a season 1 episode (and season 1 had a lot of bad episodes).

T
thrasherpix
I think it does fit with the story, from Angel's insecurities to how they were being "digested in the belly of the beast." Though I normally skip this episode.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates that trash.

The Girl in Question was one of the worst episodes but it did have its funny moments. Andrew opens the door and there's two girls with him? What use does he have for girls?

NileQT87
NileQT87
Am I the only person who had no trouble with the idea that those were never dates, but just Slayers? The idea that he'd have a mixed company date with men there is even more ludicrous than him telling tall tales while dateless with Slayer arm candy.

Miss Muffet

"Can I trade in the children for more cash?"
I'm going to agree with the majority and go with 'The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco'. Season 5 was being interesting, then we got to this episode and it felt like we were back to the worst of Season 4 (though every Season has episodes like this). Long and boring.

katmobile

Scooby
The Girl in Question was one of the worst episodes but it did have its funny moments. Andrew opens the door and there's two girls with him? What use does he have for girls?
De nial......it's not just the longest river in Africa and the world.

Top Bottom