• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Remove one episode

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Care to elaborate why?

I find this episode kind of boring, Dana doesn't interest me as a crazy slayer girl who have hallucinations of other slayers, also don't like Spike's arms being cut off, it seems cheap. As an episode centered on an abused girl I prefered Untouched with a female character like Bethany.

Would have liked another character from BTVS than Andrew too.

Kendar

Townie
Numero Cinco sucked, but Damage was far worse. God, what a stupid episode. And chopping Spike's hands off was just for shock value, added nothing to this amazingly dull story.
See, I liked this episode because it does show some of the unintended consequences of the empowerment spell in Buffy Season 7. Not every girl that became a slayer is going to be a warrior on the side of good. Some will hide it. Some will misuse it. And some who already have significant problems will become even more messed up because of the visions.

I'd get rid of The Girl in Question. Didn't add anything and you could have firmed up the ending some more.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
See, a lot of the weaker episodes play into the themes of the season; 'The Tale Of Numero Cinco' and 'Why We Fight' for example, so for that reason I'd probably hang on to them. Even if the execution is bad the themes make it worth something.
Same with 'Destiny' (another problematic one), 'Conviction' (weak) and 'Soul Purpose' (a tepid episode that came about through nessesity because of DB's knee injury).

I would either go with 'Harm's Way' or 'The Life Of The Party'; two kinda irritating and utterly superfluous additions to the season we did not need; and since LotP is just a rehash of 'Something Blue' anyway I'll go with that; its not like Lorne added much to the season.

But in all honesty its tough to cull just one from the first half of S5; I'd happily prune it with a machete and start from scratch.

Cohen

Hellhound
I wouldn’t have had Angel Investigations take over W&H, personally, so I’d have to retcon the entire season. Just erase everything. The arc definitely should have been Angel finally facing the Senior Partners or something, but not from within W&H

Top Bottom