• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Remove or replace a cast member or character from BtVS/Ats

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I agree I guess, Spuffy is more specific. Without Spuffy though I don't see a major role for Spike anymore. He would go back to being an occasional recuring villain. I would definitely be okay with that, but many Spike fans would want more.
I think Spike could've been used to show the demon side of things more. If growing up is learning that the world isn't all black and white, then making slaying shades of grey plays into that. It is through Spike that we meet Clem. Also Giles introduced the blue skinned demon in Season 3 to his wife. Even Harmony wasn't an "evil" vampire in the strictest sense of the word. The "evil" plot of Spike and Dru in Season 2 was to get Dru better. Willy's had a thriving clientele who went there just to have a drink.

Vampires and some demons have their own personalities and aren't just mindless things for Buffy to kill.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
@DeadlyDuo I don't see how Spike plays into a shade of grey. Along with Angelus he is the most notorious and unequivocal evil vampire in the lore. Spike had a chip, sure, buy his relationship with Buffy was the only reason he was humanized in the first place and turned into a shade of grey (his conflicting feelings for Buffy against his vampire urges). Take out Spuffy and Spike feels more or less irredeemably evil to me. He doesn't share anything in common with Clem or other benign demon types.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Get rid of Andrew. I grudgingly tolerated his annoying behaviour until he killed Jonathan. I don't care if he was tricked into doing it. Andrew should've died a long time ago and Jonathan should've taken his place in S7.
Andrew works best when he has the rest of the trio to play off of, hence why his best scenes in Season 7 were with First!Warren and Jonathan. Without them, he's just annoying. I agree Jonathan should've been the one to join the scoobies in Season 7, he'd been there for most of the series so it seems right that he got the nice ending.

I don't see how Spike plays into a shade of grey. Along with Angelus he is the most notorious and unequivocal evil vampire in the lore. Spike had a chip, sure, buy his relationship with Buffy was the only reason he was humanized in the first place and turned into a shade of grey (his conflicting feelings for Buffy against his vampire urges). Take out Spuffy and Spike feels more or less irredeemably evil to me. He doesn't share anything in common with Clem or other benign demon types.
Spike got on well with Joyce and the chip prevented him from harming any human so the means are there.

Altoz

Potential
Kill off Xander at the end of Seeing Red. He heroically sacrifices himself for Buffy. Spike is killed by the trio on the way out of Sunnydale and Warren later kills Giles. Xander's replacement is a powerhouse gay wiccan, who is Giles male protege. So, he's not Xander, but he has the humility to realise that Xander took a lot of risks despite not having the capabilities of Buffy or Willow. Added to which, bad things happened to him in his background. Andrew also dies in the course of the battle with the Scoobies, leaving Jonathan the only survivor. Jonathan has a lot of self-loathing to deal with and guilt from his time in the three. Buffy comes back from her time near the edge, but a lot of rebuilding needs to be done.

As for Angel, kill off Connor, have that transform Angel into Angelus and have him go on a killing spree, namely Lilah and Wes. However, Dru shows up and turns Wes, which completes his transformation into darkness. Cordelia, Gunn and Fred make it to Sunnydale and then they get evacuated to the United Kingdom. Lindsay MacDonald turns out to be an immortal, joins the Scoobies and then there's a showdown with Angelus. After Willow uses the Kadlerash soul retrieval spell on him, she discovers that this is the last time and that it's lost its efficacy. Buffy and Lindsay end up as a couple. However, the backwash from the Kalderash spell restores Dru's soul to her and she's become sane as well. Angel sacrifices himself to prevent the final victory of Angelus over him.

Altoz

Potential
Andrew, yes. If it had been up to me, I'd have killed off Andrew and have Jonathan the only survivor of the Trio instead of him. Kennedy... hmmm. The character has potential, but she suffered from being shoehorned into the final season and replacing Tara. If she'd been given more time to develop, she might have grown on us, as Tara did after Willow moved on from Oz. And Dawn. I would, however, have kept Kitty Fantastico alive and spun her off into a younger audience oriented Buffy franchise of her own, with Patches and a litter of vampire kittens.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Kennedy would need a personality transplant to be bearable.
Top Bottom