• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Remove or replace a cast member or character from BtVS/Ats

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I agree I guess, Spuffy is more specific. Without Spuffy though I don't see a major role for Spike anymore. He would go back to being an occasional recuring villain. I would definitely be okay with that, but many Spike fans would want more.
I think Spike could've been used to show the demon side of things more. If growing up is learning that the world isn't all black and white, then making slaying shades of grey plays into that. It is through Spike that we meet Clem. Also Giles introduced the blue skinned demon in Season 3 to his wife. Even Harmony wasn't an "evil" vampire in the strictest sense of the word. The "evil" plot of Spike and Dru in Season 2 was to get Dru better. Willy's had a thriving clientele who went there just to have a drink.

Vampires and some demons have their own personalities and aren't just mindless things for Buffy to kill.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
@DeadlyDuo I don't see how Spike plays into a shade of grey. Along with Angelus he is the most notorious and unequivocal evil vampire in the lore. Spike had a chip, sure, buy his relationship with Buffy was the only reason he was humanized in the first place and turned into a shade of grey (his conflicting feelings for Buffy against his vampire urges). Take out Spuffy and Spike feels more or less irredeemably evil to me. He doesn't share anything in common with Clem or other benign demon types.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Get rid of Andrew. I grudgingly tolerated his annoying behaviour until he killed Jonathan. I don't care if he was tricked into doing it. Andrew should've died a long time ago and Jonathan should've taken his place in S7.
Andrew works best when he has the rest of the trio to play off of, hence why his best scenes in Season 7 were with First!Warren and Jonathan. Without them, he's just annoying. I agree Jonathan should've been the one to join the scoobies in Season 7, he'd been there for most of the series so it seems right that he got the nice ending.

I don't see how Spike plays into a shade of grey. Along with Angelus he is the most notorious and unequivocal evil vampire in the lore. Spike had a chip, sure, buy his relationship with Buffy was the only reason he was humanized in the first place and turned into a shade of grey (his conflicting feelings for Buffy against his vampire urges). Take out Spuffy and Spike feels more or less irredeemably evil to me. He doesn't share anything in common with Clem or other benign demon types.
Spike got on well with Joyce and the chip prevented him from harming any human so the means are there.

Top Bottom