• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Removed posts

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
The forum that I have been a member of since 2009 (but I post on and off in) is truly riddled with SJWs. This is the same forum which I posted about in the other thread. I stayed out of the politics section (because that was a big mistake) and stayed to the discussing the X-Men in the MCU section because that would normally be a safer area and even that has its SJWs. Now admittedly this seemed like one of the saner SJWs in terms of behaviour (aka not rabid) but the logic is completely unmistakable and is nothing but laughable (plus they said they'd been to BLM rallies and that "all black people" are victims. "All of them" and then you get the usual spiel of white supremacy blah blah blah). Apparently white and black (or in the terms they used "whiteness" and "blackness") have nothing to do with genetics, neither does "Man" or "Woman". Apparently, and I quote, they're "all social constructs, aren't based in biological fact. They're not real."

Even ignoring the whiteness/blackness stuff, how can anyone say that man and woman aren't biological fact. No wonder the SJWs like making up genders, they thinks it exists all in the mind. Science means nothing to them. Now clearly this all about being "trans-friendly" or whatever the correct term is, but it completely undermines the whole transgender topic. A transgender person wants to change from one gender to the other, it could be male to female or vice versa. How can they change gender if gender doesn't exist? Man and woman is about more than just a title. Ellen Page can pretend she's a bloke and call herself one all she likes, but she's not got the genetics of a man aka bone structure, muscle mass, or the most defining feature of a man. Also she's not that good of an actress in X-Men 3.

It's the comment about man and woman being social constructs and not biological fact that got me laughing. The American education system is clearly failing if it can't even teach simple biology. :p

Spanky
Spanky
Gender is a social construct as it varies from society to society and changes over time. The definition of what means to be a man has certainly changed over time here. Gender has nothing to do with biology; ones sex does.
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
The definition of gender has NOT changed. People can pretend to be whatever they want to be, sure. But they're delusional if they actually think by nipping and tucking a few bits suddenly makes them a brand new gender and/or sex.
Priceless
Priceless
Sex is biology, man/woman, male/female. Gender is masculine/feminine and we are so back in the dark ages that we now think if you're a little boy who likes pink and Disney princesses you have to be girl.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Men have dicks, women don't. That is biological fact.
That's sex, not gender. Gender defines how the sex acts and behaves, and that is fluid as different cultures have different ideas on what it means and what they expect from the two sexes. But that's not what this thread is about. Just trying to let you know where some of the confusion may come from because people typically consider the two words interchangeable and they shouldn't be.

Priceless
Priceless
Gender is sexist stereotypes.

TriBel

Scooby
It's the comment about man and woman being social constructs and not biological fact that got me laughing. The American education system is clearly failing if it can't even teach simple biology. :p
No...@Spanky's right. Genitalia defines sex (biological) - not gender (cultural). Some societies have three genders or more. Nothing to do with the American Education system.

"whiteness" and "blackness") have nothing to do with genetics
They don't - "black" and "white" are genetic. Whiteness and blackness are cultural traits (often stereotypical but changing over time and space). A white singer in blackface bellowing out "Mammie" is performing blackness.

I thought these terms were generally accepted.

Last edited:
Priceless
Priceless
These third genders are for effeminate men. But they know they are men.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
They don't - "black" and "white" are genetic. Whiteness and blackness are cultural traits (often stereotypical but changing over time and space). A white singer in blackface bellowing out "Mammie" is performing blackness.
Whiteness and blackness are racist terms. It's assigning traits and behaviour to skin colour. For example, "hard working" is considered a trait of "whiteness". Isn't that then saying that a black person is incapable of working hard as a black person and they only do work hard by taking on traits of "whiteness"?

It's like saying criminality must be a trait of "blackness" since black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime. Now a normal person would say this is untrue, a character trait is not defined by skin colour, but that is what is being pushed here. Positive and negative traits are being assigned to individuals based on the colour of their skin and not the content of their character. This is where stereotypes come from.

TriBel

Scooby
It's assigning traits and behaviour to skin colour.
Which is what I said...and yes it's often but not always racist.
For example, "hard working" is considered a trait of "whiteness".
Agree
Isn't that then saying that a black person is incapable of working hard as a black person and they only do work hard by taking on traits of "whiteness"?
No...because the assumption it's a white trait is flawed...but it doesn't stop people believing it.
Positive and negative traits are being assigned to individuals based on the colour of their skin and not the content of their character.
Agree...but society does it anyway.

TriBel

Scooby
@Spanky - that genuinely made me laugh - thanks. Admittedly, I had to think for about 10 seconds. In mitigation, I was distracted by cuckoo clocks because of this:

"...in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly".

Top Bottom