• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Returning again

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
It has been some time since I was posting in this place. I have over the last few weeks been looking at old youtube video of the relationship between Buffy and Faith. Even found in other places like twitter and this place to role play out the post series of Buffy and Faith with a few members. Still, I have thinking of a different idea, what if Buffy or Faith had a identical twin sister. In that case, how would they interact with each other. Since I come and support Faith, I am looking for another member that supports Faith so we can brainstorm this idea out.

And with my old friends, I am back

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
Good, I have always felt Faith was more complex then Buffy. I feel the conflict with Buffy and Faith always made Buffy a more interesting person. My feeling, slayers really cannot be equal to each other

Athene
Athene
Faith made a lot of characters more interesting

Nix

Evil Nix 😈 Unicorn of Death!
Sineya
Welcome back :)

Kratos

Potential
Welcome back. Buffy and Faith are two of my favourite characters, though I like Spike nearly as much. I think the fact that Faith wasn’t overused and only appeared in about 20 episodes made her appearances all the more impressive and special.

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
Welcome back. Buffy and Faith are two of my favourite characters, though I like Spike nearly as much. I think the fact that Faith wasn’t overused and only appeared in about 20 episodes made her appearances all the more impressive and special.
Even that Kendra was only on 3 shows and Faith was only on 20. Both slayers made Buffy a stronger slayer. True, Buffy never accepted being equals with other slayers until the ending of the series when thousands of women could become slayers. It has always been my feeling, the conflict with Kendra and Buffy and the conflict with Faith and Buffy, they were forced to fight each other. The fans would not have accepted two strong women to be equals with each other for long.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome back! Are you looking for a twin sister who is also a slayer or one who is not? There could be lots of sibling rivalry or the need to keep slayer status a secret from the twin. There would be no shortage of drama.

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
Welcome back! Are you looking for a twin sister who is also a slayer or one who is not? There could be lots of sibling rivalry or the need to keep slayer status a secret from the twin. There would be no shortage of drama.
If they are identical twin sisters, then they should also be slayers as well. Even that I am not a twin, I do have sisters. For some reason since childhood I have been interested in twins, mostly twin sisters. True, the internet has a number of identical twin sisters, and they are on youtube. I am not a fan of the Olson twins, nor, do I care to see identical female twin sisters having incest with each other even that they are mostly kissing each other on youtube. That to me is just stage acting, not being complex women dealing with each other. Faith is a interesting woman, and I feel her lifestyle would be more interesting with two women that have studied her character over the years. True, I have role played with a number of women the relationship of Buffy and Faith, some interesting and others just interesting. But a interesting role play with two Faith's being identical twins would be interesting. It would be a new chapter to understand this complex woman that only had 20 episodes on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. With a character that only had a short history with the show, she has turned into a major character after the series came to an end.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Hmm, I just got to wondering...has anyone done a fanfic of Faith hit by the Ferula Gemina (that the Toth demon tried to use on Buffy but instead hit Xander)?

I suppose if Faith was hit by it, one would be the dutiful Slayer, but would she still be aggressive? (In Xander this is shown as a positive trait, I'm not sure it would be by writers in regards to Faith, however, either due to her gender or her past actions.) And would her aggression still be linked to her sexuality? (That is, an aggressive Slayer with the motto of "Slay 'em or Lay 'em" and perhaps saying, "I should tell that to B, she'd understand." Buffy is shown to become sexually excited after violence just as Faith is, don't know if that's a Slayer thing or if Joss and writers assume it's a human thing.) Or would her sexuality be shunted to her negative, insecure side?

Though the problem here is I'm conflating the question of what would the character do with what the writers would have her do. I'm actually more interested in the character.

Imagine if Faith was hit by that while she was working for the Mayor, what would the two Faiths do? I'd think the "weak version" would hate Buffy and side with the Mayor while the Slayer side was just loving the kill, though possibly recognizing her role as a guardian who reached out to others (without the jealousy of Buffy being first or more legendary). Hard to know though.

And season 7 Faith? Gods, keep those writers away from it (at least that year). But otherwise...she'd lose her guilt for her past actions which wouldn't sit well with others (though they all had things to brood over guiltily) while the negative side would probably become a thief wanting to party and leave a pretty corpse.

These are just immediate thoughts, and I'm sure they'll change. But wow it's teasing my mind right now, and I would appreciate being linked to a fanfic that explored the idea. :)

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
I really like this idea.....Might have to give this some thought!

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
These are just immediate thoughts, and I'm sure they'll change. But wow it's teasing my mind right now, and I would appreciate being linked to a fanfic that explored the idea. :)
If you are thinking of a fanflic of Buffy vs Faith in a fight -- I think to do it any justice -- it would be more violent than what was on the series. Watching the youtube clips of Buffy fighting vamps and demons, or fighting Faith or her friends, in today's market and more so with movies: they were very passive and short. Take for example Buffy and Faith, they are both slayers. Slayers are very strong, they recover very fast, and can deal with pain at a superhuman level. The first time they had a fight, it ended in a draw after they decided to work as a team against a common enemy and they moved on from talking about their conflict. The other fights, they were fighting for a short period of time, and Faith runs away and Buffy just stands there confused. The only true violent fight, Buffy stabs faith and she falls from the building. Still, the fights were very short and very uninteresting with today's market of female on female violence. If your going to make a true fanflic, or, there is a reboot of the series with a movie. A conflict with Buffy and Faith would have to be much longer and more graphic as violence.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@Faith 2019 I think it would be more interesting to have a none slayer twin who is constantly targeted because of being mistaken for Faith. Have it be a source of conflict with the sister blaming it on Faith's behaviour. Eventually the sister gets killed (either via murder or by sacrifice to save Faith) and Faith resolves to keep fighting in her sister's memory.

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
@Faith 2019 I think it would be more interesting to have a none slayer twin who is constantly targeted because of being mistaken for Faith. Have it be a source of conflict with the sister blaming it on Faith's behaviour. Eventually the sister gets killed (either via murder or by sacrifice to save Faith) and Faith resolves to keep fighting in her sister's memory.
It would be interesting, as a single author writing the story. But I am looking for a female to role play out the twinship. If she is killed off, it ends the role play.

Top Bottom