• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Reviving The RP?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
So the RP hasn't been active for a good few months and seems to have run out of steam- that's cool, these things happen but I thought, with so many new members joining and a bit of renewed interest we might be able to revive it or do a 2.0 version?

I've played the Buffy RPG before so I've got tons of ideas for a setting to get the creative juice flowing. I'll happily moderate or however it would work.
We would probably need a minimum of 3/4 and a max of 6-8- those are the optimal numbers.

I'm gonna post a few suggestions here to see who's interested and what they're interested in:

1) SEPARATED: this would be a revival/reboot/continuation of the other thread. Set immediately after 'Chosen' on the school bus heading out of Sunnydale. The Scoobies (with the timely help of a couple of soulled vampires) have saved the world, but all too soon they are plunged into new dangers.
Available characters: Anybody who was in that final scene, one of the Potentials-turned-slayer, Wood, ghost-Spike, zombie-Anya, whatever you can reasonable make work.

2) A ONE STARBUCKS TOWN: Buffy Season 1. Buffy arrives in Sunnydale from LA. She wants a quiet, normal life but unfortunately Sunnydale sits atop a Hellmouth- not so quiet. Buffy and a handful of friends/allies must guard the Hellmouth from creepy denizens from without, within and beneath...

3) COME BACK SOON: End of Season 2. Buffy ran away from Sunnydale to live in LA, but while she's gone trouble is brewing. Will she come back in time, will Giles find actually her if the situation becomes that much more desperate? Maybe Faith arrives from Boston a little sooner and bonds with the Scoobies in Buffy's absence? And what of Angel, is he truly gone or will he be back?

4) THE WHITEHAT'S LAST STAND: Set, not unsurprisingly, in the Wishverse where Buffy never arrived and the Master rose. Is Buffy there? Has she dies at the Master's hands and another slayer replaced her? And what of The Mayor and his plans for the town? Spike and Dru- they're on they're way to the Hellmouth right now? Maybe The Initiative arrives early as well?

5) GLORY WINS/HELLWORLD: The Key bleeds and the portal opens and reality collapses for a good long while. A badly injured Buffy and the surviving Scoobies retreat as the world goes to Hell. When the dimentional walls finally stabilize the world is...very different. Can our heroes pull together and put right the devastation?

6) RE-DO SEASON 7: Exactly what it says pretty much. After the badness of Season 6 we do something completely different, with our protagonists starting brand new chapters of their lives.

7) SOMETHING ELSE: Time-travel? Alternate dimensions? Buffy stayed dead after Glory's defeat? Angel and co. never joined W&H so the Scoobies just move to the Hyperion hotel in LA and wackiness ensues?
Faith the Vampire Slayer?

First we'll get a fix on how many are interested, then pick what setting, and then decide on characters involved. Cool?

thetopher

Sineya
Hey! People! People responding to my role-playing ramblings!

Whoop! :D

So that's two votes for option 3 and a vote each for 5, 6 and 7?

Riderofapocalypse

Potential
I actually really like Idea 2:
Allows for both cannon and OC characters. Plus if i or someone around my age was participating, i can pretend to relive the good old days. Payphones and your parents not knowing where you are at all times, while constantly bugging you with one phone call.

Idea's 1 and 6 also seems interesting to me.
1:
You can make up your own stories and characters which could turn out to be gold.
6:
Don't we all want to redo a season? especially the 'kame-ha-me-ha, i win, batman utility belt, amulet' season.

cheers

thetopher

Sineya
Ideas:
1. 3 votes
2. 2 votes
3. 2 votes
4. 1 vote
5. 1 vote
6. 2 votes
7. 1 vote

And we have 4 interested parties?
That's great.

@omnimecurial, @smile time, @jules & @Riderofapocalypse

And me of course. :)

Okay, so if we do some pruning- get rid of the 1 vote ideas- then we're left with:

Separated: Post S7
One Starbucks Town: S1 hijinx
Come Back Soon: Shenanigans between S2-S3
and Re-do Season 7: Re-write this season

everyone should vote for one idea, and also claim the character they'd like to play. Then we can get a consensus. :)

Allie

Helping the Helpless
Sineya
I really like #1 - the continuation after Chosen, that would be my vote. I would love to participate in whatever is decided on.

thetopher

Sineya
I really like #1 - the continuation after Chosen, that would be my vote. I would love to participate in whatever is decided on.
Hey there, sure you can vote and then join in when we for sure figure out how many are still interested.

1 vote for Separated. :)

Allie
Allie
Thanks! I am very excited about this!

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I vote for Separated and I'd love to join in. I'll probably only be able to post once a week though, so if that's not enough I completely understand.

thetopher

Sineya
I vote for Separated and I'd love to join in. I'll probably only be able to post once a week though, so if that's not enough I completely understand.
I get that. I figured if we all should decide on one day/night of the week when we can be free and contribute- say a Fri or a Sun? :)

1 Another vote for Separated.

Allie

Helping the Helpless
Sineya
Either day would be fine with me, I am excited for this!

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I vote for Separated. And with my schedule just pick a night & I do my best to be on :)

You said Ghost Spike then how about Ghost Tara ?

thetopher

Sineya
I vote for Separated.
Hey there! Another 1 vote for Sepatrated.
I think that's enough votes to swing it and make it official. :)

*ahem* Okay peeps- Separated Post S7!!

Now pick an available character and those characters will make up our starting group: :)

Buffy Summers ( Slayer. Blonde. Petite. Chosen One. a bit stabbed)
Xander Harris ('Heart'. Best friend. Eye patch, possibly in mourning)
Willow Rosenberg (Super-Wicca, other best friend. Magically inclined but also pooped out from big spell)
Rupert Giles (Watcher. Possibly the one Watcher in all the world. Ironic that)
Faith Lehane (Sister-slayer, rogue/reformed with a 'tude. wanted fugitive. Sleepy)
Dawn (Slayer's sister- not sister-slayer- former 'Lil' Miss Punkin Belly' and 'Key'. Dab hand in a fight)
Andrew Wells (former Big Bad, Teller of tall tales, players of pan flutes)

Other possibilities:
Kennedy
Robin Wood
(former) Potential Number...
Somethin' else you really wanna play? (Ghost, Zombie, member of Angel Inc.- crossover magic!- a very lost Groo, Gwen Raiden, etc) Go crazy but try and come up with an interesting reason for them to be near Sunnydale when the kablooee happens. :D

You said Ghost Spike then how about Ghost Tara ?
'Ghost Tara' is waay more preferable. ;)

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Can I have her then & how would she be introduced to everyone since she dead ?

thetopher

Sineya
Can I have her then
Go ahead. I think we should have a 'first come, first served' policy when it comes to character selection, unless anybody has any objections?

how would she be introduced to everyone since she dead ?
That's up to you. :)
A few ideas:

1) Tara has been sent by tPTP (that's 'the Powers That Be') because of some fortold supernatural thread now that the Hellmouth has been destroyed and a big spell has changed the world.
She's bummed about not being in heaven anymore and also not at all pleased that Willow has moved on from her so quickly...

2) That much 'soul energy' released near the Hellmouth did something to 'awaken Tara's (magically inclined) spirit. For some reason she never even passed on to the afterlife place and for her no time has passed.
Tara remembers her memories of her life with Willow but none of the emotion, so she promptly falls in love with another member of the group...

3) Some mysterious sorceror has conjured a confused Tara from the eather to guide the 'separated' group through the coming trials. Tara is thrilled to see Willow and even happy that the witch has managed to find happiness after what happened (Tara remembers her own death fuzzily enough). She even likes Kennedy.
Bu she's recieving cryptic telepathic messages from the person who summoned her, can she truly be trusted?

4) She's actually a 'glamoured' vengeful ghost-Amy. :eek:

Or pick something else. Hey, if you pick one of the above then PM me so everyone esle will have to wonder about your origin? More fun that way. :D

Top Bottom