• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Reviving The RP?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Not really sure what this is all about. How involved is this? Is it a buncha work? Just how does it work? Depending upon the answers I may be interested. Been wanting to do some fiction stuff and been blocked. Maybe this could be a way of getting some creative momentum going?! Let me know. Thanks.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Any idea on who you might want to play first ?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Not really sure what this is all about.
A Role-playing thread. Everyone who wants to participate picks a Buffy character and then we narrate through some sort of set-up decided by everyone (in this case hot on the heels of 'Chosen').

Is it a buncha work?
Hopefully a bunch of fun! :)
But we're looking at making it an evening a week, something like that. Not much.

Just how does it work?
There are a few possibilities, depending on who whats what. Maybe a colaborative process with people picking up a story as they go (which would require a bit more work I guess) or I could moderate a scenario for y'all to react/play through.

Depending upon the answers I may be interested.
Cool. Pick an available character (see above) and keep an eye on this thread. :)

Riderofapocalypse

Potential
"Just how does it work?
There are a few possibilities, depending on who whats what. Maybe a colaborative process with people picking up a story as they go (which would require a bit more work I guess) or I could moderate a scenario for y'all to react/play through."

As i mentioned to thetopher already, (running it by the rest of you just to keep in mind), i know of and have participated in two types of modern RP's. I was also part of an old RP style in which characters had stats and actions successes and failures were determined by such stats (and a dice roll/flip of a coin sometimes)

1) Character's/participants freely post actions and dialogue amongst themselves and a plot/lack of plot organically develops. Each story, actions and dialogue are all completely set by the participants.
2) A chosen participant is the moderator/'big bad' of a story/plot which has already been thought of and others are invited to participate in the storytelling. With a set of rules/guidelines listed before the story starts. (Like D&D). With the moderator giving participant's cue's on when it's your turn to chime in.
3) Like explanation 2, but with stats (strength, speed, etc.) and sometimes a dice roll or flip of a coin to determine if your character fails or succeeds at certain actions. (Ex: picking a lock or casting a spell)

My own 2 cents: I see explanation/type 2 working the best as the moderator can maintain order and the RP would happen at a specific day where most/all people can participate. I would love for an aspect of explanation/type 3 would be implemented, but it would require more work from the moderator.

cheers

thetopher
thetopher
Well put. :)

ChaseRules

Sineya
Number 2 sounds fine . That way things don't out of control . But the timing could be hard.

Allie

Helping the Helpless
Sineya
I am so in! Just trying to decide on which character. I am not picky. I like Anya a lot, but I don't think her coming back right after Chosen is the best idea. I will take whatever part is needed, if more people sign up and you need a specific character for the plot. I am good with Anya, Dawn, Buffy, or I could try Faith. Whatever works for me.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Glad to see you here . I playing Ghost Tara by the way .

ChaseRules

Sineya
Thanks . :cool:I didn't make it myself. Some else did & they said they didn't even want credit.

Allie
Allie
Awesome!

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I like Anya a lot, but I don't think her coming back right after Chosen is the best idea.
Yeah, I tend to agree. Plus we already have one ressurrected character as a ghost (and another one will show up on that other show...) so I'm not sure its the best fit. :)

I will take whatever part is needed, if more people sign up and you need a specific character for the plot. I am good with Anya, Dawn, Buffy, or I could try Faith.
Dawn or Faith maybe? I sorta like the idea of a group of characters without Buffy (who's usually is the leader) 'cause it might lead to a more interesting group dynamic. No clear leader means more a democracy-ish thing. Fine if somebody is desparate to but it doesn't matter.
Though it would be good to have some sort of slayer presence.

Also having somebody as Willow or Giles would be helpful. Willow because of another players character choice and Giles because he's a brains/knowledge guy. Easy to give important occult info/exposition through him. :)

Okay, so some updates:
@Smile Time is out due to being too darn busy in real life. She sends her apologies. :(
@omnimecurial hasn't responded to my PM so...maybe we should go on and get started without them? (They can always join in later- people always do that in RP's)

Recap: so that leaves:

@thetopher - Faith or possibly Giles depending on what type/style of RP we all decide on.
@ChaseRules- the mysterious Ghost!Tara Maclay. What's her deal?
@Riderofapocalypse - Andrew Wells, Sunnydale's very own storyteller.
@Allie
@Jules
@HowiMetdaSlayer (possibly..?)
@Buffy Summers (willing to step into the breach and be somebody if needed. :))

I'm starting to bring some ideas together about what could happen to set things in motion, the heart of the plot and so forth, but I'll need another week or so to get all my thoughts collected (their tricksy little things...).

Allie

Helping the Helpless
Sineya
I am good with pretty much anyone. If you want to wait and see who others want, I can take what is left or needed. Dawn, Faith, or Willow works for me, I could try Giles if needed, I am just not sure how well I could capture him.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Thanks. Might be a bit time consumming for me at the moment. Plus there's pressure not to let offers down.
Top Bottom