• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Reviving The RP?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Buffy Summers said she might join in.
I think @Buffy Summers said that she'd join in just to make up the numbers. We've got plenty of interest already. :)
Of course she's still very welcome, but also Mods have their hands full on the boards a lot of the time.

The weekends are fine with me
That's great to hear. Weekends seem to be a safe bet. :)

Riderofapocalypse

Potential
apologies for being MIA gentle viewers. Work has been crew-al.

I'm in the UTC Eastern (US and Canada) time zone...or so Microsoft operating system dictates under date and time. Usually, Saturday probably wouldn't comply. Sunday looks to be better for me, if we are going to stick with the weekend. But i'm not fixed on a set schedule other than working during the weekday as like most of you, so if an RP is going or set for during the week or something, i could be free.
I purpose something like this (yay or nay?)
- Boss battle RP's or plots specifically revolving around a 'big bad' should be pre-set to a specific date and time, as to give everyone an opportunity to take part in bringing him/her down. (Ex: It's Mon/Tues and the Mod or whoever is doing the story PM's, RP'ers and tells them on the upcoming Sunday at xx:xx o'clock, the gang is entering the Master's crypt entrance. Be there if you can.)

- RP's not revolving around big events, people can miss if they have to. So there isn't a great need for long a advanced notice. (EX: Monday a/the Mod PM's people to request/tell them that Wed/Thurs, he/she wants to set up a 'Patrolling' RP. Like a normal patrol Buffy would do. Basically something that shouldn't result in something big, but is still a nice way to socialize and have some fun while keeping to the theme)

Let me know what you think, and again, if need be i can help organize or Mod. Personally I would enjoy lasting effects or objects/items/concepts which resulted from big event RP's or boss battles, but that's just me.

thetopher

Sineya
I purpose something like this (yay or nay?)
- Boss battle RP's or plots specifically revolving around a 'big bad' should be pre-set to a specific date and time, as to give everyone an opportunity to take part in bringing him/her down. (Ex: It's Mon/Tues and the Mod or whoever is doing the story PM's, RP'ers and tells them on the upcoming Sunday at xx:xx o'clock, the gang is entering the Master's crypt entrance. Be there if you can.)

- RP's not revolving around big events, people can miss if they have to. So there isn't a great need for long a advanced notice. (EX: Monday a/the Mod PM's people to request/tell them that Wed/Thurs, he/she wants to set up a 'Patrolling' RP. Like a normal patrol Buffy would do. Basically something that shouldn't result in something big, but is still a nice way to socialize and have some fun while keeping to the theme)
What I have in mind at the moment is a fairly simple 'sand-box' approach that involves exploration of a certain area, interactions/encounters and gathering clues/information/items building towards a 'Main' encounter with a monster/Big Bad.
The best way to describe it is maybe cross between a level of a computer game and a 'bottle episode' of the show itself. :)
PM me if you want some (sketchy) details.

That way if a player misses a session or two its not really a disaster, somebody else can 'run' them for a while and they won't miss out on major events.

Depending on how well it goes then somebody else can do something a bit more ambitious next time. Some of what you're suggesting is really interesting and certainly would make things run smoother in future.

I am toying with trying to fit in a 'cliffhanger' revelation at the end of every session- which would be neat and build suspense for the next time- but that depends on pacing issues. I'll have to see.

Let me know what you think, and again, if need be i can help organize or Mod. Personally I would enjoy lasting effects or objects/items/concepts which resulted from big event RP's or boss battles, but that's just me.
There will definitley be at least some lasting effects and items gained, but hopefully we'll be relying on drama, inter-character play and dramatic reveals to round things out. :)

thetopher

Sineya
Alright. After some consultation and back and forth it seems that Saturday would be the best bet for most.

So I'm announcing that the RP will start on Saturday 27th. The time (which is negotiable) will be around 10 p.m GMT.

So, 1st task for all those involved is to decide what their character is doing on the bus and then P.M me with the info; whether that's just a simple 'this is what they're up to' or a nicely descriptive bit of prose. That way I can take all that's given and combine it in an opening 'scene-setting' post. :)
You could even talk to each other so your characters could be interacting in some way before the 'happening' happens.
(Oh, try to get that to me by Friday, 'kay?)

If you don't want to do that, or simply don't care then just let me know and I'll make something random up; Dawn burbling on about how great Hanson is or Giles retelling his glory days as a London drag act, whatever. :p

Nearer the time I'll make a entirely separate thread for: Separated! and post the link here so you won't have to hunt around.
So get in character, sharpen your wits, polish those Buffy-esque quips/pop culture references and maybe watch the 'Chosen' episode of Buffy while you're at it!
Oh, and have fun! :D

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
Alright. After some consultation and back and forth it seems that Saturday would be the best bet for most.

So I'm announcing that the RP will start on Saturday 27th. The time (which is negotiable) will be around 10 p.m GMT.

So, 1st task for all those involved is to decide what their character is doing on the bus and then P.M me with the info; whether that's just a simple 'this is what they're up to' or a nicely descriptive bit of prose. That way I can take all that's given and combine it in an opening 'scene-setting' post. :)
You could even talk to each other so your characters could be interacting in some way before the 'happening' happens.
(Oh, try to get that to me by Friday, 'kay?)

If you don't want to do that, or simply don't care then just let me know and I'll make something random up; Dawn burbling on about how great Hanson is or Giles retelling his glory days as a London drag act, whatever. :p

Nearer the time I'll make a entirely separate thread for: Separated! and post the link here so you won't have to hunt around.
So get in character, sharpen your wits, polish those Buffy-esque quips/pop culture references and maybe watch the 'Chosen' episode of Buffy while you're at it!
Oh, and have fun! :D
What time would that be in PST?

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I looked it up & it would be 2 in the afternoon here :)

The time works for me .

thetopher

Sineya
Oh, and one other thing.
Every player can select one 'useful' object they have on/near their person when the action starts. Possible choices are things like a hand weapon, spell ingredients, a flashlight, a book on demons, a first aid kit, a crossbow, some food, a kit for polishing your glasses, book of vampire-slaying quips, etc.
You can either tell me in PM or simply decide on the day.
And no, you can't have the rocket launcher. ;)

thetopher

Sineya
Another 'one other thing'! :) Really a question.
How would everyone feel about added visuals- posted pictures- to look at. Say, a particularly important building or character? Would that be better than trying to imagine what's being described, or not as good.
I'm already going to have a few 'profile' pics at the start of the thread so everyone knows who everyone else looks like.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
Another 'one other thing'! :) Really a question.
How would everyone feel about added visuals- posted pictures- to look at. Say, a particularly important building or character? Would that be better than trying to imagine what's being described, or not as good.
I'm already going to have a few 'profile' pics at the start of the thread so everyone knows who everyone else looks like.
Do you mean a picture of me or a picture of my character, Vi?

Do you mean a picture of me or a picture of my character, Vi?
good, I kind of feel the same about my pic lol :)

thetopher
thetopher
The characters, just the characters. No-one wants to see a picture of me! :)

ChaseRules

Sineya
I think that sounds great. But only for important things myself .

thetopher
thetopher
Yeah, only important stuff.

Rogueslayer

Potential
Black Thorn
so I know I'm new, and um, I know that she's apart of the angelverse and not buffyverse really, but if I could join, I would like to. I know that technically ilyria isn't awakened canonically until like a year after chosen but, I would like to play a character similar. Say maybe a potential turned slayer lacking social skills, but is a power house?

am I too late?

ChaseRules

Sineya
First you not too late . The game doesn't start until Saturday . I don't see myself any reason why you cant play a potential turned Slayer .
Two things first . Do you have one picked out & powerhouse how ?

Rogueslayer

Potential
Black Thorn
well I don't really have one picked out, but I'd say that Amanda would come close, even though she's technically dead or dies by this point. Is it possible to do an original variation?

I would say she's a powerhouse as far as strength goes. She's the type of person that they go to gently open a door and nearly rip it off it's hinges.

okay, so, she lacks social skills (kind of like a sheldon/ilyria type person with out the arrogance), and she can break a nose with as much effort as it takes to swat a fly because she has no idea how to control her strength because she's always been the brainy person and never the brute.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I not the Moderator but I think you could come in as Amanda. They could say she is alive but wounded .
Sounds like a good trade off . You could also have her scared at how strong she is & what else could happen.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
So 5pm Eastern time on Saturday? I'll try to be there. I'm usually busy on Saturdays, though.

Rogueslayer

Potential
Black Thorn
I not the Moderator but I think you could come in as Amanda. They could say she is alive but wounded .
Sounds like a good trade off . You could also have her scared at how strong she is & what else could happen.
I think she gets her neck snapped in the last episode but I'm sure we can work it out. I'm totally down for being amanda saturdays at 5pm. Do we meet here or will there be a new thread? (sorry I'm still a newbie, I'm trying to read all the FAQ's though)

Top Bottom