• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rewatch

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
About to do my first Buffy rewatch in over a year, only difference is this time , for the first time, it will be on netflix. Not that different I guess, but I will actually miss changing DVDs every few eps. I feel like I'm betraying my DVD collection.

Last edited:

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
You will miss those DVD menus! I did. I love Buffy and Angel's DVD setup. It is much easier to binge on Netflix though. I remember saying "ok, just one disk tonight" when I rewatched on DVDs, whereas with Netflix you're sitting there at 5am covered in crumbs and five seasons deep.

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
I much prefer to binge on Netflix. I find DVDs menus such a drag.... and then you have to change DVD every 3 or 4 episodes. It's better on Netflix. I do like the DVD extras though.

cryptwarmer

I'm in charge of morale!
Black Thorn
I nearly had a cow last week when Amazon took Buffy and Angel off prime...now I have to resort to my discs which mean schlepping them back and forth to my daughter's. I was so spoiled, I like watching an episode on my kindle while I was tucked in for the night. Sigh.

Mr Trick

Scooby
You will miss those DVD menus! I did. I love Buffy and Angel's DVD setup. It is much easier to binge on Netflix though. I remember saying "ok, just one disk tonight" when I rewatched on DVDs, whereas with Netflix you're sitting there at 5am covered in crumbs and five seasons deep.
Nice to see its not just reserved to students:)

Look forward to reading your thoughts this time around Wes:)

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Enjoy the Netflix binge! It's easy to get addicted. lol.
I nearly had a cow last week when Amazon took Buffy and Angel off prime.
Yea I was watching an episode one week, and then next I couldn't! Now I need to get my own Netflix account. I would love to buy the DVDs just to listen to the commentaries.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Enjoy the Netflix binge! It's easy to get addicted. lol.
Yea I was watching an episode one week, and then next I couldn't! Now I need to get my own Netflix account. I would love to buy the DVDs just to listen to the commentaries.
And why don't you have the DVD's anyway?:eek:

Fuffy Baith

Sineya
And why don't you have the DVD's anyway?:eek:
I know! I need to save up money and buy them. Since it's on Netflix, I just haven't felt the need or urgency to buy them.

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
I know! I need to save up money and buy them. Since it's on Netflix, I just haven't felt the need or urgency to buy them.
I thought that too, but then I realised Netflix has a habit of "losing" programs randomly, so I bought all the DVDs just in case. ;)

Fuffy Baith

Sineya
I thought that too, but then I realised Netflix has a habit of "losing" programs randomly, so I bought all the DVDs just in case. ;)
That's true. I'm sad they got rid of Doctor Who. Although I think Buffy is popular enough that they won't take it off, unless it's a rights issue. I'm still surprised that Dollhouse is on Netflix. I'd have to save up some money specifically for Buffy DVD's. lol.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Its nice to have it on Netflix, especially for me as a student away from home, but its like anything else books, music etc.. Its always best to have it in physical form.

Top Bottom