• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Rewrite any scene

darkspook

Potential
Let's say we have god like powers and with the ability to change history... what would be the one scene you would rewrite?

What is the scene you watched that you made you cringe, roll one's eyes, wish would disappear and just never exist?

For me it has to be the scene in 'Empty Places' where the Scoobies tell Buffy they no longer trust her leadership and order Buffy out of the house. I just don't like it I'm sorry. To see the core four over the past seven years during which time they have proven time and time again that they are stronger together be reduced to that really hurts. I understand that one of the major themes of the year was how leadership can make one isolated from the bigger picture, their friends and even one's self but yeah really did not care for it.

On the flipside what is one scene you would defend with your life? What scene is word perfect, acted brilliantly and perfectly done that makes you stand up and celebrate it's brilliance?

For me it is the last scene in Innocence when Joyce lights the candle on Buffy's birthday cake and tells her to make a wish, but Buffy decides to let it burn. Light on Buffy's trademark dialogue, the camera lingers as we the audience on Buffy's pain and Joyce is played perfectly knowing her daughter is upset but not pushing for a reason. Gets me everytime.

Faded90

Scooby
I’m going to go for the Empty Places route. The problem is my alternative would change pretty much the entirety of Touched (from Buffy’s POV).

I’d play it that Buffy wanted them to kick her out because she wanted to go to the vineyard alone and not risk anyone (playing into her big longer hero thing) but she knew they’d go ballistic about her going alone so she had to get them to force her out so she could do it. They could still play hurt Buffy in Touched and have her explain she didn’t think it would be Dawn that would draw the line and she’d expected Giles to be the one to do it and she hadn’t expected so much anger from the others. I’d have her go to Caleb in Touched as usual and have him mock her for being alone but she just laughs with a ‘do you honestly thinkI’d just let people throw me out of my own home?’

It wouldn’t change how awful the scene is (I genuinely can’t watch it again) but it would make me feel better about it and would feel kind of badass. Obviously written a lot better than I’ve tried above 😂

A scene I’d never change, going to go for End of Days. Buffy having the potentials line up to suck up to her and then for them to try to throw Faith under the bus and she refuses to let them scapegoat Faith like they did her. I also love the scene before where she rescues them, full superhero entrance music and everything and just gives them a simple ‘get the wounded. We’re leaving’

There’s mountains I wouldn’t change but just sticking with the late S7 theme

Faded90

Scooby
Just thought of another thing I’d change was that after The Wish I’d have had Cordy remember the wishverse and use it to develop her character. For the rest of the season she has a lot of scenes snarking at Buffy that she has no future (which felt odd because Buffy hadn’t done anything wrong and Cordy completely ignores Willow when it was her kissing her boyfriend) and I feel like it would have been good for her to acknowledge that without Buffy actually SHE wouldn’t have had a future. Because she’d be dead

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
May seem minor, but this is so cringey to me

What's my line pt2, season 2
Buffy: Good. 'Cause I've had it. Spike is going down. You can attack me, you can send assassins after me, that's fine. But nobody messes with my boyfriend!

tumblr_mo5cv5JUq11qibue4o1_500.gif

New scene

Buffy: Good, 'cause I've had it. Spike is going down, I'm going to beat his ass and rescue Angel.

Puppet
Puppet
Omg, I thought I was the only one who found that final line so cringey!

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Well apart from the whole why wait to activate all the wannabe Slayers into the real thing until after the Uber-Vamps have seen you & attack, when you could activate them just before you open the seal. That way you head down into battle with an army of Slayers & are less likely to lose half of them before they are full Slayers!

Personally I would want to rewrite most of s6 & large parts of s7 to make it more about Buffy & the core scoobies & less 'Spike the Slayer Layer'.

My own little headcannon rewrite is when Faith joins forces with the Mayor. I would change this so that she is actually working under cover for Giles but only he knows.
The friction with Buffy could still be there as she would have to prove her loyalty to Wilkins by making life hard for the Scoobs. I just wouldn't have her killing any Humans.
Then the Mayor finds out she's a spy & one of his minions nearly kills her & puts her in a coma. Faith could still tell Buffy how to defeat the first during a shared dream.

Maybe I need to write this 🤔

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Definitely one of the scenes in S7 where Spike says 'I got a soul for you!'

How about Buffy turning around and simply saying 'I never asked you to do anything like that, I just wanted you out of my life. Instead when you come back you somehow make something that was done to me all about you. You're grand gesture does not impress, in fact its the only reason you're not on fire right now. You want another chance? Fine, earn it, because right now I don't know who the hell you are.'

Y'know, something like that. ;)

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
What's my line pt2, season 2
Buffy: Good. 'Cause I've had it. Spike is going down. You can attack me, you can send assassins after me, that's fine. But nobody messes with my boyfriend!

New scene
Buffy: Good, 'cause I've had it. Spike is going down, I'm going to beat his ass and rescue Angel.
Original line is much better. It's funny. Second line is kinda cinge.

How about Buffy turning around and simply saying 'I never asked you to do anything like that,
That would be somewhat disingenuous though. She implied if he had a soul she could love him.

thetopher
thetopher
Was this said post-AR? I can't recall.

Faded90

Scooby
Definitely one of the scenes in S7 where Spike says 'I got a soul for you!'

How about Buffy turning around and simply saying 'I never asked you to do anything like that, I just wanted you out of my life. Instead when you come back you somehow make something that was done to me all about you. You're grand gesture does not impress, in fact its the only reason you're not on fire right now. You want another chance? Fine, earn it, because right now I don't know who the hell you are.'

Y'know, something like that. ;)
Yes! This and less ‘I tried to rape you but you used me for consensual sex so that makes us even’

Or Get It Done ‘it’s what you wanted, the soul the changes’ for Buffy to say ‘actually no what I wanted was for you to move on and leave me alone’

Cheese Slices

A Bidet of Evil
As You Were , last scene with Buffy and Riley :

BUFFY : "I never got to tell you...how sorry I was for how things ended up between us"

RILEY :

BUFFY : "Nothing you want to tell me ?"

RILEY :

BUFFY : "Okay Imma help you.: Sorry I was such an insecure, self-centered ass during our relationship. sorry I gave you an ultimatum that made you run after me like a pathetic loser. Sorry I was such an incompetent douche during this entire eggs operation. Sorry I failed to give you essential information like how the eggs worked (though I truthfully had no clue) or how I am married (but getting the opportunity to lead you on was just too tempting). All in all, sorry the writers seem to have such a cognitive dissonance when it comes to my character which resulted in this terrible episode"

RILEY :

BUFFY : "Don't let the helicopter door hit you on your way out"

T
thrasherpix
Hey, with the right demon (like the one in Normal Again, or the a passing Rwasundi demon) or spell, it could happen in the Buffyverse!

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Smashed, when Willow said to Amy as a rat that Tara left her without a reason. I would make that Dawn heard her from the corridor and then would go to her & ask her to seriously rethink to what she did to Tara, that it was mind violations & way out of line, I would also talk about her brainwash actions towards Buffy without asking her consent.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
The organ landing on Spike aftermath rather than the actual scene, I would keep the Drusilla lifting him from the rubble but I wouldn't have had him in the wheelchair, or just for one episode, so we had a real fierce dynamic between the three of them.

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
BtVS Reptile Boy Scene

No offense to Bangels, but a post in another thread reminded me of this scene and I couldn’t resist (I actually like Bangel, a bit less melodrama would be perfect, this is just a joke, I’d never dust Angel):

Angel:
I knew this was gonna happen.
Buffy:
What? What do you think is happening? [Puzzled face while looking at him]
Angel:
You're 16 years old, I'm 241.
Buffy:
I've done the math. You mean, you are not 24? [Puzzled face and open eyes more]
Angel:
You don't know what you're doing. You don't know what you want.
Buffy:
Oh, no, I, I think I do. I want out of this conversation. Can I have my bag, please? [grabs bag and searches inside] I think there's a... uhu... a piece of wood somewhere in here...
Angel:
Listen, if we date, you and I both know one thing's going to lead to another.
Buffy:
One thing already has led to another. You think it's a little late to be reading me a warning label? [continues searching in her bag while glancing at him suspiciously] Where is... uhu... mr. pointy?
Angel:
I'm just trying to protect you. This could get out of control.
Buffy:
Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? [frantically searches bag and smiles once she finds the stake] Got it, got it!
Angel:
[Angel grabs her, pulls her close and she gasps she looks at him with wtf expression]
This isn't some fairy tale. When I kiss you, you don't wake up from a deep sleep and live happily ever after.
Buffy:
No. When you kiss me I want to die. Ok, dude, got it. Too much melodrama. Let me show the sharp part of mr. pointy. [Takes hand out of bag with stake in hand]

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Very nice! 👍
I'd change everything about the Dead Mans Party episode. Buffy didn't deserve first being ignored and disregarded, then everyone ganging up on her. When no one actually asked her what she had been going through or how she was doing.

The scene I'd defend is Buffy pretending to be the Buffybot to find out if Spike gave up the keys identity to Glory.

BuffyNvrForgets
BuffyNvrForgets
Yes, I agree. 100% yes.
Top Bottom