• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Riley’s Vampire prostitute ring foreshadowed in the ‘Angel Comics’

Angel6

Potential
Interestingly there’s is a vampire prostitution ring in the Angel comics which I believe came out before Season 5 of Buffy, I wonder if the writers room on Buffy took that idea and ran with it, it’s too close to be a coincidence really, it’s the exact same premise.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Satanic Panda
Black Thorn
I haven't read the comics, but you raise a good point. "Into The Woods" definitely foreshadowed Riley's vampire prostitute ring.

I love the idea of a vampire prostitute ring, by the way! Perhaps I should start reading the comics...

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I think the idea required a little more worldbuilding to properly sell it, but the idea that vampires would choose less violent ways to make a living seems reasonable. Sandy, after all, was an orphan. She wasn’t mentored by a sire, she wasn’t indoctrinated into a cult. She was probably as pathetic as Harmony when she rose, and finding herself with a cute girl’s body, found expy-prostitution offered both food and protection. It would have been nice if this was properly explained, but still.

Top Bottom