• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rogues Gallery finally scanned

For those unaware, Rogues Gallery was a comic book story that was only published in the Diamond monthly Previews Magazine from March 1999 through February 2000. It ran two pages per issue for twelve issues, and was never reprinted or collected anywhere else.

It was never properly archived.

I spent quite a bit of time and money tracking down a complete set (well, eventually almost two complete sets and change... but that's another story).

I contacted editor Scott Allie before scanning them, and this is what he had to say
You should just post it, with that quote
from me the validate the fact that this is the only way for
people to read it. And thank you for asking. But I don’t
represent Dark Horse, so I can’t speak for them, but I
don’t see what concern they’d have. It’s actually 20th
Century Fox’s property, and they don’t police this sort
of thing very closely.
The quote he is referencing is here:
21. curiouswolf: I have a question about the Buffy omnibuses: why was that one Buffy comic "Rogues' Gallery" by Andi Watson that was serialized in the Preview catalogs not reprinted in any of volumes set in season 3?

Scott Allie: Good question. We didn't have the material in the proper format. It was a weird project, and hadn't been properly archived.
http://*********.com/showthread.php/231-SA8-Scott-Allie-Q-amp-A-for-23-March-09

If any actual IP holder has an issue with this I will gladly take it down. Please let me know.

But failing that, and without further delay, here is the comic:
buffycompressed.zip

My apologies, but parts 13 and 14 were reversed in order and I didn't catch it until after the upload, so please take that into account.

Enjoy.

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Thanks for all your hard work to share this! Looking forward to reading!

Nice! Yeah, I emailed a woman from DarkHorse a few weeks ago about this. She’s directly responsible for handling any copyright issues. But she never emailed me back, so I’ve been in limbo. I suppose they don’t care though, since they lose the license at the end of the year.
I also have high res scans, but yours might be better if the zip file size is over 300 mb. My total file size for the scans is about 90 mb. If anyone’s looking for smaller PDFs, let me know and I’ll host them somewhere. Thanks again man!

Damn nice! I honestly didn't care about this story, but it's really neat to be able to read something that I never thought I'd be able to read.

Top Bottom