• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rules for uploading media

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
What are the rules for uploading media on BB? I don´t wanna do anything forbidden/wrong and I´m not sure what the rules are. So I wanted to put a gif (that I didn´t make... I don´t know who mad it) that I found on google in my signature and it worked for a while, it was visible. And now it didn´t show up in my signature anymore (I don´t know why). So I thought if I uploaded it in "Media" and the appropriate category, then I could put it in my signature. But I don´t know if it´s allowed to post pictures/gifs that we just found on google. So I wanted to ask.

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
If you want to post gifs (from Giphy etc) then you need to credit the person who made them or where they're from. If you don't know, then you can't credit, so you can't use it. That won't be why it's not showing but it sounds like it's best you find something that you can credit at the very least. When you do, you need to host it externally, on a hosting site such as imgur and link to it, rather than uploading it on here. Happy to help you try to find it, and help you with the hosting if you need it. :)

Top Bottom