• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Sanctuary spell VS the Slayers

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
In Angel S4 Release Connor is struck by the Sanctuary spell. It's never fully established why, though we know he's as close to human as a child of two vampires can get. He also has heightened abilities, so we know he's not purely human, either. Keeping that in mind...

How do you think the Sanctuary spell would affect Buffy, Faith or other Slayers?

W

WillowFromBuffy

The slayers are humans with a little bit of demon juice in their veins, but they are not demons themselves, so they are not exempt from Spike's chip nor would the sanctuary spell work on them.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
What about Buffy post-resurrection spell? Technically Spike's chip doesn't effect her anymore, then. :p

W

WillowFromBuffy

What about Buffy post-resurrection spell? Technically Spike's chip doesn't effect her anymore, then. :p
But Tara solved that. She did not come back wrong, just kinda ... vague ... or something. :p Certainly not demon-y.

Now, could she have been affected during the events of Earshot?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
The Sanctuary spell didn't affect Faith when she was fighting Connor in 'Orpheus', but maybe Jas-delai was messing with it somehow so Connor would kill Angel. Although I'm fuzzy on the timing and how that would work.

Spike's chip seems to work as the story requires and isn't really consistent in regards to how it works.

katmobile

Scooby
The Sanctuary spell didn't affect Faith when she was fighting Connor in 'Orpheus', but maybe Jas-delai was messing with it somehow so Connor would kill Angel. Although I'm fuzzy on the timing and how that would work.

Spike's chip seems to work as the story requires and isn't really consistent in regards to how it works.
No it's pretty consistent it didn't work because the process of resurrecting Buffy gave her a different signature and in season seven it was being overridden by the hypnotic effect of the First's trigger much as Dru was able to do it. To answer the question Buffy for resurrection reasons might register as demony or she might not but Faith and the other slayers would register as human.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
No it's pretty consistent
I mean, not really. Why didn't it work until he was trying to bite Willow? It didn't go off when he pushed away an Initiative doc while escaping, or when he knocked into the soldiers in the dorm. I will agree that it becomes more consistent later on, but in S4? Not so much :)

thetopher
thetopher
Yep. S4 and 7 are the worst for this.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
much as Dru was able to do it.
Dru didn't do anything to Spike's chip, hence why she killed the girl before giving her to Spike to feed from.

I mean, not really. Why didn't it work until he was trying to bite Willow? It didn't go off when he pushed away an Initiative doc while escaping, or when he knocked into the soldiers in the dorm. I will agree that it becomes more consistent later on, but in S4? Not so much :)
Agreed. It went off when Spike just pointed a fake gun at Xander and when he considered hitting him with a wrench in Doomed, yet he was able to fight his way out of the Initiative and get really rough with Willow, plus he escaped past Giles in Something Blue.

W

WillowFromBuffy

The chip only goes off when there's an intent to harm. Spike explains this when he play-fights Buffy in "FFL." He can push people around and trade some punches with Buffy, but he can't hit someone with the intent to injure or cause pain.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I think it only affects negative mojo but lets the good mojo work in defence of bad mojo. Simples. (I am a walking talking tv ad today)

Top Bottom