• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Sarah Michelle Gellar set to star in new series

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
From deadline Sarah Michelle Gellar To Star In ‘Sometimes I Lie’ Limited Series From Ellen DeGeneres & Warner Bros TV

EXCLUSIVE: Buffy the Vampire Slayer alumna Sarah Michelle Gellar is set to star in and executive produceSometimes I Lie, a limited series based on former BBC journalist Alice Feeney’s debut novel.

In Sometimes I Lie, Gellar stars as Amber Reynolds, a woman who wakes up in a hospital, unable to move, speak or open her eyes. She can hear everyone around her, but they don’t know she can. Amber doesn’t remember what happened, but she has a suspicion her husband had something to do with it. The timeline alternates between her paralyzed present, the week before her accident, and a series of childhood diaries from 20 years ago

SMG also announced it on her Instagram, saying she'd read the book in one sitting, as she also features as an executive producer she seems to have a lot of faith in the project
http://instagr.am/p/Bsb2T5cHDLK/
See article for more info.

What do you guys say? Excited to get SMG back on the screen? Have you read the book?

Last edited:

white avenger

white avenger
a limited series based on former BBC journalist Alice Feeney’s debut novel.
Interesting, but, as they say, somewhat limited in potential, especially if she can't somehow communicate with the real world. It sounds vaguely like an old movie that I saw once called "Johnny Got His Gun" about a WW1 veteran who was in a coma. Most of the action took place within his own mind. Creepy movie. Hopefully, this new series won't go that route.

Good luck, Sarah. You haven't had anything like stellar success with any role since "Buffy" ended (except for Mom, of course) Maybe this is your new shot.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Once I found out it is being produced by Ellen DeGeneres I kinda lost interest. Seeing the identity switch at the end could be worth it but... would rather a "real" team be handling it.

Fantastic news, lets hope it all go's well for Sarah she could do with some luck for TV , both Ringer and the crazy one's stopped to soon and I understand though unfortunately never watched that she was Brilliant in Cruel intentions but that was never picked up

Fantastic news, lets hope it all go's well for Sarah she could do with some luck for TV , both Ringer and the crazy one's stopped to soon and I understand though unfortunately never watched that she was Brilliant in Cruel intentions but that was never picked up
This is going to be short-lived as well, it's only a limited series. But good for Sarah that she gets back into acting, she was missed.

(And I watched the Cruel Intentions pilot and thought it was fairly mediocre and it didn't give SMG anything particularly interesting to do other than to pretend to masturbate to a picture of her dead stepbrother, so it is good that this never went to series.)

I still wish her HBO pilot would have been picked up. That was a good script.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
The book got decent reviews and did well, although the twist at the end seemed to cause some confusion for many readers. I'll probably pick up the book and read it before the show airs. Ellen hasn't produced anything like this before, typically game/talk show and comedy stuff, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Has anyone else read or watched anything with a similar premise?

Last week I read The diving bell and the butterfly (written by the editor-in-chief of French Elle, he had locked in syndrome) and Me Before You (a woman is hired to take care of a paraplegic man who is planning on assisted suicide in 6 months). There was once a House episode about a guy with locked in syndrome.

Has anyone else read or watched anything with a similar premise?

Last week I read The diving bell and the butterfly (written by the editor-in-chief of French Elle, he had locked in syndrome) and Me Before You (a woman is hired to take care of a paraplegic man who is planning on assisted suicide in 6 months). There was once a House episode about a guy with locked in syndrome.
I've read DB - I've also seen the film. I thought of them when I saw the premise of this. Yhey were both very good - the film picked up awards all over Europe and at the Globes. I can't think of a similar film.

I did not know that was the plot of Me Before You , that is weird, because assisted is a last resort to prevent prolonged suffering, not when you have depression and need a lively romance.

Certainly sounds like a meaty role to get SMG back into acting. I can see her doing a good job at least. These kinds of stories are hard to adapt and give life to on screen. That will be the challenge I think.

This is going to be short-lived as well, it's only a limited series. But good for Sarah that she gets back into acting, she was missed.

(And I watched the Cruel Intentions pilot and thought it was fairly mediocre and it didn't give SMG anything particularly interesting to do other than to pretend to masturbate to a picture of her dead stepbrother, so it is good that this never went to series.)

I still wish her HBO pilot would have been picked up. That was a good script.
Thanks for your comet about Cruel intentions gave me the incentive to hunt it down , enjoyed it but for me Sarah can do no wrong,I thought the same as you could have been better, especially the grandfather, but had a feeling it would have got better deeper into the plot

Thanks for your comet about Cruel intentions gave me the incentive to hunt it down , enjoyed it but for me Sarah can do no wrong,I thought the same as you could have been better, especially the grandfather, but had a feeling it would have got better deeper into the plot
Watched twice since the last time I posted .....bloody love it now

Top Bottom