• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Sarah Michelle Gellar to star in ”Other People’s Houses”

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
New show for SMG - guessing the ”Sometimes I lie” thing fell apart? Or at least hasn’t come to fruition yet.

Her new show is a dramedy created for Fox, also inspired by a book!

31DC2B63-B041-4D37-BBE8-4BF2C257AAA6.png
She shared this on her insta

Not much info yet though, but nice to see she’s eager to get back to TV if she believes in the project! She’ll play Anne Porter a suburban working mom trying to figure out life, with some juicy twists and turns I imagine.

Edit, I stand corrected, Sometimes I Lie is still happening
9E85EB9A-62B3-4973-BE00-9B19798F332A.jpeg

Last edited:

BuffyIsMyAlways

Mrs. Marsters.
Sineya
If it gets picked up, Sarah Michelle Gllar is going to be the lead in a dramady on Fox calIed "Other People's Houses". I am always excited to see SMG going for another show. However, her two most recent shows where she was the lead, both got cancelled after one season. She has yet to have another hit fter Buffy. I thought her two most recent shows, "The Crazy Ones" and "Ringer" were okay shows. I did not love either one. Ringer to me, seemed way too over the top and extra, while The Crazy Ones, despite the comedic genius that was Robin Williams (I love him dearly, may he rest in peace), the comedy in the show seemed forced as if it was trying too hard. I hope this new one does better. I always want the best for Buffy actors. A whole handful of them scored big hits after Buffy. Alyson Hannigan had How I Met Your Mother, David Boreanaz had Bones and now SEAL Team, James Marsters has Marvel's Runaways, and many others had recurring roles on different shows. I only want the same to happen for our star!

What are your opinions of Sarah's two most recent shows Ringer and The Crazy Ones? What are your hopes for the new show?

Cohen

Warrior
I thought Ringer was a great ride. I hope they bring that same ambition to this show! Sarah seems to like the show runners, so I’m keeping positive about this!

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I saw this on her FaceBook last night, I got excited. I love SMG and can't wait to see her on TV again!

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I have not liked her in most of her other shows. She seems eager to play lightweight, shallow and/or empty headed characters a la Daphne in Scooby Doo ir that character in cruel intentions, which I could not watch.

Problem is that Sarah is much better as a dramatic actress with a side of humor.

Frankly, I think she chose Buffy for its comedy, and ended up in a much more complex role. This may be why some of the later episodes apparently were not to her liking even though they were some of the best work she has ever done. Buffy was a happy accident for us, the viewers.

I hope whatever this is turns out well. She is seriously underrated as an actress. I would love to see her in a show like criminal minds or SVU. I think the career day test was right - law enforcement would be a great fit.

one eyed chicklet
one eyed chicklet
I must admit, none of SMG's other work has interested me apart from Scooby Doo. I see the actors about in other stuff that does interest me but SMG seems to get type cast a lot so I don't really come across her much.

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
She seems eager to play lightweight, shallow and/or empty headed characters

I hope whatever this is turns out well. She is seriously underrated as an actress. I would love to see her in a show like criminal minds or SVU. I think the career day test was right - law enforcement would be a great fit.
I agree, I’d love to see her in a more serious, possibly crime drama type thing. I think she’d do great with that!

I think at least partly now she may be going more comedy style also because there is less night shoots. Basically Buffy filmed crazy long hours, well into the night, so she knows that type schedule. Most crime shows shoot a lot at night. I think she wants a job where she can get home and put her kids to bed.

But hey, I can wait another ten years to see her pop up as some kind of hardened cop figure :D

DagonSphere

Potential
What are your opinions of Sarah's two most recent shows Ringer and The Crazy Ones? What are your hopes for the new show?
I absolutely hated Ringer, it was such a badly written and very slow show. It started out with some promise, but it went downhill rather quickly. In today's post Netflix-tv-landscape, I probably never would have stuck with it to the end. And Sarah, she's was seriously underperforming in Ringer as well, tho I blame it on the writing.

The Crazy Ones was okay...some episodes were funnier than others, but it never really popped.

The one show that Sarah would have been amazing in was the HBO pilot that she did before she had her children. That was a really great meaty dramatic role for her.

I hope she will finally pick a great follow-up project and have a career resurgence like Keri Russel or Alexis Bledel.

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
I agree, I’d love to see her in a more serious, possibly crime drama type thing. I think she’d do great with that!

I think at least partly now she may be going more comedy style also because there is less night shoots. Basically Buffy filmed crazy long hours, well into the night, so she knows that type schedule. Most crime shows shoot a lot at night. I think she wants a job where she can get home and put her kids to bed.

But hey, I can wait another ten years to see her pop up as some kind of hardened cop figure :D
If thats her thinking then her priorities are excellent. Her kids are only little for so long. Time just flies. Once they are older she can do whatever and reinvent herself if sgw choses to. She is still young, talented and recognizable.

Top Bottom