• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Scariest Whedon Monster?

Wezza Wozza

Potential
I personally think the Reavers from Firefly are the scariest monster that Joss created. In a close second, I would say the Gentlemen. I love the symbolism of the Reavers from Firefly as Firefly is set in the future but the Reavers are creatures that run off of human's primal instincts, so they are kind of monsters from the past in the future which I love the idea of.

N
Nearwild
The Reavers are scary because they're just people. I can imagine people actually being like that certain circumstances.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I don't know which is more scary, the Reavers, or the humans who created them and then refused to eliminate them (probably hoping to weaken rebellious elements and get more support for the Alliance to move in to protect them).

That aside...being unable to scream as your heart is cut out really is nightmare worthy (IIRC, it was actually based on a nightmare).

But having something grow inside of me, like from Alien (and Joss did do Alien Resurrection) to burst out seems the scariest. I feel I've seen something like that before...maybe I'm thinking of that creature that jumped body to body in Angel season 1, or maybe those blobs in Angel that would invade a body and dry it out by drinking all the moisture. But I feel I'm forgetting something.

Wezza Wozza

Potential
I don't know which is more scary, the Reavers, or the humans who created them and then refused to eliminate them (probably hoping to weaken rebellious elements and get more support for the Alliance to move in to protect them).

That aside...being unable to scream as your heart is cut out really is nightmare worthy (IIRC, it was actually based on a nightmare).

But having something grow inside of me, like from Alien (and Joss did do Alien Resurrection) to burst out seems the scariest. I feel I've seen something like that before...maybe I'm thinking of that creature that jumped body to body in Angel season 1, or maybe those blobs in Angel that would invade a body and dry it out by drinking all the moisture. But I feel I'm forgetting something.
I don't know if you have seen Torchwood but there was an alien in that which went inside of you and then literally climbed out of your body.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Gnarl- The Gentlemen had a bit of humour to them, Gnarl was just creepy.

burrunjor

Scooby
Got to be the Gnarl. Probably the most nightmarish monster in anything!

Top Bottom