• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Question Scooby Gang Vs. Team Angel

WillowsFaith

Potential
The Scoobies From Buffy Season 1-7 vs. Team Angel S1-5. If a dark Magics spell corrupted both Team Buffy & Angel Investigations, Who would Win in a Battle to the death?on this crossover episode. Past & Present members are at thier peak powress, and must kill the opponent to break the spell. the line up is the most prominent members of the buffyverse hero’s in 1V1 fights. Buffy Summers vs. Angel/Angelus. Willow Rosenberg Vs. Fred/Illyria. Giles vs. Wesley. Anya vs. Cordelia. Faith (S3) Vs. Gunn. Xander Vs. Lorne. Dawn Vs. Connor. Oz Vs. Spike. Tara Vs. Doyle.
With all thier abilites, Wisdom, and tactics. What team would prevail with the most survivors?

famicommander

Scooby
Limiting to specific matchups as you did probably makes it more interesting.

Clear wins:
Buffy over Angel - she has whooped his ass before and also taken out tougher opposition than he ever did
Xander over Lorne - Lorne just isn't much of a fighter
Connor over Dawn - huge mismatch here, Dawn has no answer for Connor's strength or durability
Spike over Oz - we've never seen Oz be able to control his werewolf abilities to the degree it would take to beat Spike
Faith over Gunn - Gunn's tough but Faith has super strength. Not a fair fight.

Toss ups:
Demon Cordy vs Anyanka - vengeance demons are pretty overpowered but we never really saw the limits of Demon Cordelia either. In their human forms Cordelia would probably beat her physically, but Anya demonstrated some magic skills so it's hard to say.

Tara vs Doyle - neither likes to fight, but you have a powerful witch vs a half demon. Could go either way

Giles vs Wes - in a physical fight, with or without weapons, Giles wrecks him but it's possible Wes could win with magic. If we take comics Giles into account he probably wins either way.

Willow vs Illyria - I don't know if anyone could beat a fully powered Illyria but prime Willow also has reality-breaking capabilities, especially if you take comics into account

WillowsFaith

Potential
Buffy V Angel: Buffy wins Mid Diff. Other then the fact she beat him several times, is a slayer and knows all his weakness. Even if he goes full Angelus. The outcome remains the same.
Willow V Fred: Willow’s infinite magic could possibly overwhelm Illyria. But maybe not. It could play out like the Glory fight. I think this would be the closest battle, and most interesting to see if they go all out. I think Willow can with very high difficulty. But if it was a closer range fight then, obviously Illyria wins.
Xander V Lorne: Lorne can read Xander mind easy, and can sing at a high frequency tho distract him. Xander would win in a fist fight, but I’m taking in consideration of all thier skills.
Giles V Wes: Giles can use high level magic and is more knowledgeable in the supernatural. Wes is a hunter and better combatant. Like the other fights, this depends on if it’s a close range or long range battle. Wes has more tools and tatics, but Giles wins because of magic and wits.
Anya V Cordy: Anya strength overwhelmed Cordy. As a higher being, Cordy can stand a better chance, but I think Anya would end it faster then Cordelia would react. Anya also has more abilities at her disposal, and we never seen the true potential of what Cordelia could do. In a sword battle, Cordy can hold her own but she doesn’t even really know Anya’s demonology. So Anya wins low diff.
Faith V Gunn: A bruiser battle that would obviously end with Faith winning. A slayer hits way harder then anything a human can dish out. Even, Gunn’s wepons wouldn’t do much to faith. He would last longer then Xander for example. Faith wins easy.
Dawn V Conner: ok this was a mismatch. Conner would kill her in seconds. I just thought the parallels would be great from a story perspective. And a sword fight between the two would be entertaining. Even tho Conner would kill her without a sweat.
Spike V Oz: spike would win even faster then the Dawn vs Conner fight. Even tho Oz knows all his weakness and has Werewolf powers. He did defend himself against spike before, it would still be a fun match to watch. Spike wins no diff.
Tara Vs Doyle: neither are really fighters, but once again magic can do pretty much anything. Tara would win mid diff.

A 3 episode arch of these characters fighting, while questioning thier morals would make for great tv. There are some mismatch ups in power level. But I feel these are fair for entertainment purposes. Also I think the magic users have a more advantage.

burrunjor

Scooby
Specific fights.

Buffy vs Angel: She would beat him as she has done before. Only thing you might be able to say is that she only fought Angel before he went to hell. That gave him a good 100 years extra strength, which would explain why he was more of a powerhouse in his own show than on Buffy. We never saw a fight post hell, and since he almost took her in Becoming maybe he could beat her? I'm still going to say Buffy, but it's not as much of a clear win.

Lorne vs Xander: Not to be different for the sake of it, but I think that Lorne would win as he could just use that screech to deafen Xander and then punch him out. If it worked on Demons, then it could on him.

Spike vs Oz: Controlling his Werewolf powers doesn't mean Oz could beat Spike? Angel killed a Werewolf with a few spinny kicks and a pen. Also Angel killed Pete relatively easily, whilst Oz couldn't. I don't see why Spike couldn't do the same. He is clearly stronger, is more of a masochistic fighter and therefore harder to hurt, and has experience fighting people stronger than him from Slayers to Gods. Spike takes this easily in my opinion.

Dawn vs Connor: Obviously Connor would take this.

Willow vs Ilyria: Ilyria would tear Willow to pieces. If the Slayer can hold her own with Dark Willow, then she has no chance against Ilyria. Would be over before it started.

Gunn vs Riley: I think sadly that juiced up Riley would win this. Granted Gunn does have more experience, but at the end of the day I think greater strength and military training would trump Gunn's can do attitude.

Tara vs Fred: Neither LOL. They don't fight and are too nice. They'd probably just go out for drinks. I suppose though if they had too, then Tara as she is a Witch.

Giles vs Wesley: I agree that in a physical fight Giles would wreck him, however if we are talking at their full power, it would be fair to give Wesley a gun, but then you would also have to give Giles his magic powers from S6, so I think that Giles would stomp.

Cordy vs Anya: I think Cordelia's light powers which took down monsters from Quortoth could easily take down Anya. Yes Anya does have reality warping powers, but she has to have someone wish them, so Cordy would just make her vanish.

Wolfram and Hart LA Branch vs the potentials: Wolfram and Hart obviously.

Surprisingly I think team Angel would win overall.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Wolfram & Hart were the ones who saved the world in Buffy season 7, at least made it possible (even with the Scythe, also practically gift wrapped for Buffy by the bad guys).

I have to admit, I'd love to what Fred would do with the gadgets of the Trio. By Season 5 Angel, the Trio wouldn't stand a chance against Fred and her resources (and might even have a way of collecting lightning Willow threw at her to redirect back at her).

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
Buffy would stomp Angelus. Part of the reason she loses in S2 is because she’s still holding back on hurting Angel. If that’s gone, it’s not even a contest, especially if she’s using the Scythe. She fought a defeated a god, so he’d hardly be a challenge.

Since this is S1-7 and not 8+, Willow would lose to Illyria. Willow does have some strong dark magic, but she also can’t do some of the over the top bullcrap from the comics. Illyria is strong enough to kill Willow.

I feel like Giles would best Wesley, though it may be a close fight. I think Rogue Demon Hunter (for real this time) Wesley is about what Giles was in his Ripper days. There may be some close calls, but ultimately I think Wes would lose.

Anya would beat Cordelia. Peak Anya has vengeance demon magic. Peak Cordelia (not possessed) has visions. Not even a contest here.

Faith would beat Gunn. Gunn’s strength is his reliance on teamwork and improvised weaponry. Without that, he’s an alright hand to hand brawler. Faith has superpowers and a bloodlust in S3. Rest In Peace, Gunn 😔

Lorne would beat Xander. Lorne killed Lindsey without a second thought when Angel manipulated him into doing it. It stands to reason that evil Lorne would have a similarly cold disposition and would murder Xander before he finished his opening monologue.

Connor would beat Dawn. Dawn is just a child, even if she is technically a magic one. Connor at least has some demonic heritage to pull from.

Spike would kill Oz. Werewolf Oz would be baited and murdered by peak evil Spike quickly. Then he’d probably make a snarky British pun, because he’s evil ;)

Tara would beat Doyle. Doyle was almost killed by a bunch of demons at a bachelor party, and his demonic abilities are lacking. Tara is a really strong and knowledgeable witch who would wipe him out pretty quick.

Team Buffy would win by a single battle. At least, in my opinion :)

famicommander

Scooby
I think you're selling Xander short. Lorne was able to kill Lindsey, but only because Lindsey literally didn't know they were adversaries until Lorne shot him. In the context of this set up, Xander presumably knows they're fighting to the death from the jump.

Xander has ultimately killed a lot more impressive adversaries than Lorne is ever shown to.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

✨ Of The Abyss ✨
Black Thorn
Team Angel all the way!!! Full-strength Illyria would destroy ANYONE, even Witchy Willow. 😎

Antho

Scooby
I would include Faith into Team Angel. Just because I think she is closer to Angel than Buffy. I do think that if she would have to choose a side, she would go with Angel.

Top Bottom