• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Airam

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Up this week for questioning is @Airam

Your starter questions:

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Fave buffy episode?
Do you like firefly?
When will you introduce the kid to it?

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
Hi! Oh thank god this is was just posted a few hours ago! My phone died on me a couple of weeks ago so I haven't been around because of that. Sharing my son's phone now while I get myself another one 😉 ok so just got home from dropping him at school so let me get some breakfast in me and drink my coffee and I'll get to answering some questions! 💕

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
Ok here we go!

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?

I've been into Buffy from day 1 that it originally aired. So I first got into the message board thing on the IMDb message boards like 2005ish or so while doing a rewatch of the series. Through there I "met" a few people and this little group broke off and formed a Buffy message board. I went off with them for a while and became very active in that online community till the drama became ridiculous and myself and 2 other girls went off and formed our own board about TV fandom. Ran that board for a while but it became so time consuming that eventually we shut it down. Left the online world for a while. And then while doing another rewatch and kinda googling around I stumbled upon Buffy-Boards and joined up. Stuck around because met some great people and the board was awesomely put together and ran smoothly and the board was so comprehensive and encompassed so much about the whedonverse that you could get lost for hours in the convos. Was really active for a while but then life, ya know. Even still i still get the itch and get pulled back in every now and then... Like now 😛

2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?

I mean where do I even start! The characters, the stories, the dialogue, the themes, the nostalgia. It is, in my opinion, one of the top 5 shows ever made. And when you are a long time fan I think its interesting that each time you go back and watch you can find yourself identifying with different situations or characters and having different opinions about storylines depending on how your real life experiences have shaped you since last you watchd the show.

3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?

Thats tough. I think my first choice would be OMWF just because i am a huge musical theatre geek. And close runner up I'd say Chosen, maybe as a potential fighting in that last epic battle and be part of all that awesome female empowerment!

4. What does a day in your life usually look like?

Pretty boring. Wake up 6ish am get my son ready for school. Drive him to achool. Go back home eat breakfast and then hopefully workout before getting ready to go to work. Go to work, I am a server at a restaurant. Get off work at around 5pm and go pick up my son from school (they have extended hours till 6pm where they study and do homework) go home, make dinner. Study with him if he didn't finish homework or has a test. Eat dinner. Have about 30 mins to 1 hr of tv time to unwind with him after. Then get him ready for bed. I lay with him till he falls asleep so sometimes I drift off too for the night but i struggle not to so that I can get up and have those precious couple hours of me time to netflix or hop on social media or here. Then I get his stuff ready for school the next day. Go to bed. Repeat. Typical mom life. Monday's, today, I'm off work, I'm usually cleaning or running errands and going to appointments all day while he is at school. Today though I am being lazy beacuse i'm fighting off a cold so I'm just laying around doing this. Though really need to get at least an hour in of tidying up the house... Ugh 😒

5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

Honestly... Robert Downey Jr's wife.. On a day he gets to be home all day and devote all 24 hours to me 😏😝

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Ok, now for some all important questions...

Bangel or Spuffy?
Woz or Tillow?
Ted & Robin or Barnman & Robin...or maybe Marshmallow & Lilypad?
FitzSimmons or SkyeWard?
Clexa or WayHaught?

:D

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
Fave buffy episode?
Do you like firefly?
When will you introduce the kid to it?
Oh man just one fave is impossible.. So the obvious Hush, The Wish, Restless, OMWF, The Body, The Gift. Also love Halloween, I Only Have Eyes for You, Dopplegangland, The Prom, Something Blue, Who Are You, Crush, Intervention, Tabula Rasa and Normal Again.

Don't shoot me, but i can't say that I like or not Firefly because I never was able to get into it when I first tried. I watched the first episode or two and it didn't immediately grab me so I stopped. I am not against giving it another shot though.

As for when I'll introduce my kid to Buffy, I'm not sure yet. Right now he is 7 and he is into the like fantasy horror kids stuff. He ate up the goosebumps movies and there is this like mild scary kids anthology series on netlfix right now called Creeped Out, that he is really into. Introducing hin right now to the 90's nickolodeon series Are you afraid of the Dark right now and he loves it! So i think he'd be into it eventually just think right now he's maybe too young... Maybe in a year or two we could start with season 1 which is a little lighter and take it fromthere.

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
What did you have for breakfast?
What's your favourite song?
Illyria or River Tam?
For breakfast today I had 2 eggs over medium some turkey bacon, swiss and american cheese all inside a buttered sweet roll. And of course a cup of black coffee.

Favorite song?! That is an impossible question... Who can even answer this question?! The closest I can give is Sleep to Dream by Fiona Apple but that'd be if you really just like threaten to cut off a finger or something.

River Tam is a Firefly chatacter? Sorry, i never watched more than a couple of episodes, but its on my list to give another chance! Illyria I LOVE💘

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
1st off - yum! 2nd - good song choice! 3rd - watch firefly soon!

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
I never do these damn things... but since you are an old one I thought I would...

What are your five reasons why Drogyn was better than all those other houses and the coolest place evah?

Airam
Airam
Ufff give me a bit to think back so i can answer this one.

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
Ok, now for some all important questions...

Bangel or Spuffy?
Woz or Tillow?
Ted & Robin or Barnman & Robin...or maybe Marshmallow & Lilypad?
FitzSimmons or SkyeWard?
Clexa or WayHaught?

:D
OK so definitely Spuffy& Woz for me. (not that I dont appreciate aspects of the other 'ships)

Sadly you lost me on the rest and made me feel REALLY old in the progress 😳 I think one of those are 'ships from How i met your Mother, which I never watched. The last couple though i have no freaking clue who they are or what show they are from 🤷

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
What's your favorite kind of pizza (Chicago, New York, Sicilian, Neapolitan, other)?
What's your favorite kind of food (Italian, Mexican, Americana, Chinese, Indian, other)?

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
What's your favorite kind of pizza (Chicago, New York, Sicilian, Neapolitan, other)?
What's your favorite kind of food (Italian, Mexican, Americana, Chinese, Indian, other)?
My absolute fave pizza is pan pizza from Pizza Hut, love that crust!

Fave food is a toss up between sushi and criollo, traditional Puerto Rican cooking and anything involving plantains!

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
I am around and available to be poked prodded and questioned....
Should you really have said that?

Can you touch your nose with your toes?
Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
Can you whistle?
What mythical creature would you like as a pet?
What super power would you like to have?
Do you drive? Does your car have a name?
Have you ever named a pet after a fictional character?

Airam
Airam
Guess i asked for it lol.

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
Can you touch your nose with your toes? I can! (Yes I just checked to see lol)

Can you touch your nose with your tongue? Nope.

Can you whistle? Sure can!

What mythical creature would you like as a pet? Falkor from The Neverending Story! Does he count?

What super power would you like to have? Teleportation

Do you drive? Does your car have a name? Drive daily yes. Name? Uh, Piece-o-junk? Nah just kidding I appreciate my car, gets me where I need to go. A new one wouldn't hurt though.

Have you ever named a pet after a fictional character? So my first dog I named Angel, but this was really coincidence as I got her for my 16th birthday the same year Buffy premiered, 1997. Later on as I became more and more Buffy obsessed no one would believe me that I didn't mean to name her after the character of Angel. Especially since on the series original run i was a Bangel... I became Spuffy upon reviewing 😲

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
What is the dog getting dressed as for halloween?

Are you in any current fandoms now?

Which tv streaming services do you have?

Winter or summer?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
What kind of car do you drive?

Do you play any musical instruments?

Do you prefer urban, suburban or rural living?

Can you swim?

Can you sing?

Do you have a significant other?

Do you have an insignificant other?

What level of education do you have?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

What are your worst favourite vices?

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
What's your favorite thing about your job?

If you were a resident of Sunnydale, would you want to know about the things that go bump in the night, or would you prefer to just think there's an unusual amount of people disappearing every so often?

Dora the Explorer - awesome or annoying?

Best guilty pleasure film? Something that's maybe not critically acclaimed but that you never get tired of?

Favorite dessert?

Airam
Airam
Will get to this one tomorrow! Currently dozing off. .

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
What is the dog getting dressed as for halloween?

Are you in any current fandoms now?

Which tv streaming services do you have?

Winter or summer?
1. If you mean my dog Angel, she is no longer on this realm... She passed just before turning 15 and when my son was 6 mths old, so almost 7 years now. Santa did gift my son a dog for christmas when he was 3, no plans a halloween outfit for her yet...

2. Current fandoms well I'd say maybe the only one old and current would be Veronica Mars. Current shows I love also American Horror Story, Riverdale, The Good Place, Grey's Anatomy (habit!)

3. Streaming service I have Netflix, access to a friend's Hulu. And on my android phone I live by cyberflix, where you can find anything and everything tv or movies.

4. Hard! Especially living in Puerto Rico! So Winter is out of this world here! Not cause weather or snow because climate ia pretty stable here year round. But there I.s NOTHING like Christmas in Puerto Rico. I can't even begin to explain, but I dare you to google it! Summer in Puerto Rico is just like 4 months of exploring beaches around the island, can't be beat!

Last edited:

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
Do you play any musical instruments? Nope. Not anymore at least. Briefly played the clarinet in midde school.

Do you prefer urban, suburban or rural living? Only ever done urban and suburban... I prefer a happy medium between the two.

Can you swim? Yes... Though not like outstanding. Won't drown right away though.

Can you sing? Kinda sorta. High school musical theatrw kid outa practice.

Do you have a significant other?
No....

Do you have an insignificant other?
The father of my son in a very much, its complicated type situation.

What level of education do you have? Bachelors in Sociology.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go? ENGLAND! The man of my dreams with that accent lives there!

What are your worst favourite vices? Umm TV and wine... Pretty much...

Top Bottom