• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Antho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This week, we are sitting down with @Antho. Here are a few questions to get us started!

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

Everyone, please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week. :)

YEAH :) Finally it's my turn :D I'm ready :p

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
I was, and still am, enrolled in a French Buffy forum, but there is less and less activity on it and I was a little tired of talking about the series only with French fans I wanted to expand the discussion with fans around the world. So I typed "English forum" in Google and BuffyBoard was one of the first results ;).
The first thing I thought about seeing the forum are : Do I have the level in English to talk to American fans ? Will I be able to make myself understood ? Will I be able to understand others ? Honestly it was my first worries. Then, at the beginning I had trouble to find me with all these different sections, I found that there were often the same subjects, I was a little lost in all that. It was honestly a little too messy for me at first. But a year later, I'm still there so it's means that I got used to, I understood how things work. One of the first things I noticed was Carrie Hopewell lol. I read one of your posts about Angel and Bangel and I totally agreed with you. I thought that you and I had the same vision of things.

2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
I'm a fan of the metaphors that exist in the series. Buffy accompanied me during my childhood, my adolescence, it showed me a way to follow. I still have my adult life.

3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
The Prom ! There are not too many dangers in this episode, not too much risk of getting killed haha. In addition to France there is no Prom at the end of the year, I always dreamed to participate. Then see Buffy in her beautiful dress, I will faint of heat :oops:. And then to hear Jonathan's speech, to see Buffy's expression when she is given the umbrella, to see the dance with Angel :rolleyes:... it would bring me so much joy in me. Also, maybe I could dance with Buffy. She's so nice that she would not refuse, I'll just wait for Angel to go away to prevent him from killing me haha :p.
And I would also dance with Willow, and kiss Cordelia. And I will party all night :cool:

4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
I am single, so there is not much love in my days haha. But I live pretty well like this for the moment, although I like embarrassing people, Priceless will not say the opposite haha. But I try to be pretty funny and not heavy.
I am also unemployed, so my days come down to looking for work. I have my periods, sometimes I am extremely motivated, sometimes I'm tired, it's quite disturbing. But my family and the desire for independence are a source of motivation ! So I admit that I am in a period where the days go by and look alike.

5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?
I don't know ! If it is a limited experience in time, so much to take someone rich and beautiful to enjoy a max of life ;). David Boreanaz would be on the list of choices lol.

Are French fans different to American and British fans?

Are you on any other forums, other than Buffy forums?

What would your perfect job be?

Are French fans different to American and British fans?
Well, they don't eat the same things, they don't speak the same langage, they don't even have the same time haha so of course they are different ;). Seriously, one thing I noticed is that the comments on this forum are much deeper, detailed, argued with examples that on some French forums where I am or even on facebook. Here the comments are much more elaborate. This brings a lot of depth to the discussions, there are very interesting analyzes, which I do not find elsewhere enough.

Are you on any other forums, other than Buffy forums?
Yes I'm on french forum Supernatural and also Arrow. But I'm not active anymore on these forums. About Supernatural, the passion is not the same than Buffy and Arrow I don't even watch the show anymore.

What would your perfect job be?
Something with not a lot of responsibilities because I do not have the personality for. Something I would like to do with pleasure, it will facilitate the waking up in the morning. Something well paid also haha. A job where there would be a good atmosphere in the company, where I will feel at home, where I will feel like I'm serving something. A job where I will feel appreciated at my true value and not exploited ! That's my definition of perfect Job but I don't think it exists !

Mrs Gordo

We fight termites wherever they may roam!
Black Thorn
Ohh it’s my fellow Bangelite! Let’s see....

What is your favorite meal?

If Angel got a pet what kind of pet would it be and what would he name it?

If the comics brought Buffy and Angel together would you start reading?

If you could give Angel some advice what would it be?

If you could be any of the characters in the buffyverse who would you be and why?

Ooh also if you ever met DB what would you ask/tell him?

What is your favorite meal?
Lasagna :

Beef Bourguignon : You probably don't know. It is a mixture of beef with carrots, bacon, mushrooms, onions, potato, flour, olive oil and all that in red wine sauce.

Raclette : I don't think you know either. You melt the cheese, as well as the ham, the sausage, and whatever you want to put on your plate. then you eat it all with potatoes

Now, I'm hungry ;).

If Angel got a pet what kind of pet would it be and what would he name it?
What kind of pet ? :rolleyes: Let me think... He would need a calmed animal like him, who would be affectionate enough and be at his side in his moments of solitude. An animal that fangs out like his master when he is in danger. A faithful animal. I suppose a lone wolf would be the right companion for him. He would probably call it "Trust" or "Fight" something that would remind him his quest.

If the comics brought Buffy and Angel together would you start reading?
No, I don't think so. For me they have gone too far in what they have done and are doing so that a backtracking makes sense. And before being a fan of Bangel, I'm even more fan of Buffy and Angel, so the only thing that could make me read the comics would be that the characters become like I like them because I maintain that Angel is totally OOC in comics. I maintain that they murdered his character. Just an example like this : Where are Connor, Wesley, Gunn, Cordelia in the comics ? it's as if the series Angel had never existed. Buffy, maybe I don't like her evolution but it seems more coherent and more likeable, I don't hate her development while I really loathe what they are doing with Angel !

If you could give Angel some advice what would it be?
Stop torturing yourself with your past, build your future. Accept who you were, who you are and prepare yourself for who you will be !

If you could be any of the characters in the buffyverse who would you be and why?
Easy ! ANGEL ! As I said before, I see myself a lot in Angel. There are features of his personality that I find in mine. I often find myself in what he does or says. It's the character that comes closest to me, so I feel close to him and if he existed in real life, we would certainly be friends. Plus, if I have to be a character of the series, I prefer take the most beautiful haha

Ooh also if you ever met DB what would you ask/tell him?
I would probably be speechless. Then I will faint ! I will probably be too stressed to align two words in English ! That being said if I can talk to him, I think I'll thank him for his work as an actor. I would like to thank him for giving the best of himself because I am convinced that he gave himself fully to his work and for me he deserved to have his series !
He and Angel are totally opposed and yet I completely buy his interpretation. It's the same when I look at him in Bones, I completely forget Angel and that for me it's proof that he's a great actor ! A good actor for me is not just a person who is excellent in one role, it is a person who will be excellent in many roles by making people forget the old interpretations in a space of time. That's what David did/is doing for me. So I will compliment him on his talents as an actor because I think he receives too much criticism on this subject.

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
♥ lasagna too

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
What was your favorite cartoon to watch as a kid?

Do you prefere sweet or salty snacks?

If you were on a reality tv show, which one would it be?

If you could change 1 thing about BTVS season 1, what would it be?

What was your favorite cartoon to watch as a kid?
I had so many......... But I really think my favorite was and will always be "Olive et Tom" (Captain Tsubasa). This is the cartoon that made me the most dreamed in my childhood. I was passionate about the adventures of heroes. And I think it conveys beautiful lessons of life, beautiful values. I think that I subconsciously learned a lot with this cartoon, it taught me a little ! So many emotions, when I think about it, it's crazy !

Do you prefere sweet or salty snacks?
Sweet :D always sweet haha.. I'm a sucker for sweet :p

If you were on a reality tv show, which one would it be?
Not a reality TV on singing because I have a horrible voice when I sing :D. Not a reality TV based on the physical because I do not like superficiality. Not a reality TV about survival because I would be dead after a few hours :(. I am not a very good cook, so I will avoid participating in reality shows like this. What's left ? Honestly I do not know, I'm not very comfortable with the idea of showing my life to the whole world.

If you could change 1 thing about BTVS season 1, what would it be?
We would see Angel more and deepen his character. It would not just appear to announce a danger and disappear right after.
There would have been no "annointed one "because clearly we all wonder why is he there ?

Do you listen to podcasts? Do you have a favourite?

What is your favourite movie and why?

Do you enjoy shopping?

If Buffy came to you and asked for advice at the end of S2 what would you tell her?

Do you listen to podcasts? Do you have a favourite?
No, I don't listen Podcasts. It doesn't interest me to just listen someone's reactions, I need to see people's reactions. That's why I'm more interested by Youtuber who do videos of themselves when they are discovering a show or an episode. And yes I have a favorite youtuber, it's Torchwood Boy :). His last reaction :

What is your favourite movie and why?
Tough one ! I do not watch a lot of movies actually. I'm rather seriesphile than moviesphile o_O.
But there are movies that I have often watched. Titanic is one of them, the Harry Potter saga and I really like fighting movies, and at one time I was a fan of Jackie Chan.

Do you enjoy shopping?
When I have money, yes ! Otherwise, not :p ! Seriously, I like shopping, sometimes I do shopping with my sisters and when I show her what I buy, she is like " oh god, man you really have bad taste" and then I'm like " it's not so awful" :D.

If Buffy came to you and asked for advice at the end of S2 what would you tell her?

I presume it's before she kills Angel. I would have asked her if she wants help. She would have refused and then I would have told her that sometimes life can be horrible, that it does not leave us the choice to make an ultimate sacrifice, but that it also rewards those who make the right choices. I will tell her that I know that nothing I can say to her will change her mindset or her situation but that I understand the hardness of her work, which I sympathize with, and that I thank her for making the world a better place.

Sineya
Do you like coffee?
Do you mind that Buffy isn't currently a trendy show?
Would you feel icky if Buffy was to somehow take the role of baby Connor's mother in season 3 ATS in a way that diminishes Darla?

Do you like coffee?
No. But I have noticed something strange with people who like coffee o_O. My friends all said to me that they didn't like coffee when they are young but they like coffee now they are more aged o_O. It's a strange things o_O

Do you mind that Buffy isn't currently a trendy show?
No ! But that's because for me it's a trendy show. The proof is 20 years later, we are there, talking about it. There are conventions with actors, there are reunions, there are comics. So it's still trendy for me.

Would you feel icky if Buffy was to somehow take the role of baby Connor's mother in season 3 ATS in a way that diminishes Darla?
it would not be very logical especially from a point of view scenario. At this point Angel and Buffy do not have the same relationship they had before, they have different ties. I do not think Buffy would be interested in playing the role of a mother for Connor and I do not think it's in the character. Frankly, I do not see how it could have been done at all. Buffy could never have erased Darla in this storyline, it would have more affect the character than to serve her.

Athene
Athene
Cool. I don't like coffee but it seems to be popular with most people :)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange.
What other shows do you like?
What are your favorite deserts/sweets?
Do you like history? If so any favorite subjects/eras?

Do you watch Buffy in French or in English ? Or both ? If so, which version do you like better ?

flow

Do you watch Buffy in French or in English ? Or both ? If so, which version do you like better ?

flow

What other shows do you like?
Shows still airing :
- Supernatural
- Games of Thrones
- The Walking Dead
- Daredevil
- Supergirl

Not a fan of Orange of the New Black, Stranger things, Bates Motel and I used to Like Arrow, Teen Wolf but not anymore !

Shows ended :
-Charmed
- Smallville
- Desperate Housewives
- Grey's Anatomy (although I'm only on season 3)
- OTH
- Prison Break

What are your favorite deserts/sweets?

I love Banana Split ;). chocolate, whipped cream, ice cream, banana :rolleyes::rolleyes: we can't not like it !!!

Concerning sweets :

I do not have favorite candies in particular but I love all those who stings and I don't like those who stick to the tongue !

Do you like history? If so any favorite subjects/eras?
I like history but I don't have a favorite eras. I think it's more important for me to live with the present :)

The first time I watched the show, it was in French. It was aired on a french channel and it's like that I have known the series, Then, I bought the DVDs and for years I only watched in french. It's only two years ago, in 2015 that I decided to watch it in English and I was shocked when I realized the different translations between English and French. Now I still like the french version because it's like that I have known the series, so there is nostalgia, but now I only watch the show in English ! And of course nothing is better than authenticity ! the acting, the voice of the actors, the real writing..... nothing better ! ;)

With the French version of Buffy, do the French actors match the 'real' characters, or are they vastly different?

What's the most expensive thing you have ever bought?

What's your most embarrassing item of clothing?

Do you like to dance?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
¿Comprendes español porque hablas francés?

What's a Christmas tradition you love?

Do you have a favorite Christmas memory?

How do you feel about the return of Connor in season 5?

Sorry for late responses !

With the French version of Buffy, do the French actors match the 'real' characters, or are they vastly different?
I think most of the characters are well dubbed, with quite a good intonation overall. But it's true that when I started to watch in English, it took me a while to get used to David Boreanaz's voice because he has a rather suave, soft voice while his doubler had a much more serious/grave voice.

What's the most expensive thing you have ever bought?
It's not a thing in particular but I've wasted a lot of money on DVDs, game console and games ! It's in all that I ruined myself sometimes !

What's your most embarrassing item of clothing?
once for an evening I disguised myself as a policeman. Except it was not a disguise I wore it was a real uniform and I was not very comfortable in it !

Do you like to dance?
I'm like Angel :D

I love dancing

But

Because I hate How I dance :p

¿Comprendes español porque hablas francés?
Yo hablo español. Lo estudié en la escuela, pero cuanto mayor me hago, más me olvido.

What's a Christmas tradition you love?
Open the gifts haha :D

Do you have a favorite Christmas memory?
A favorite ? Nope ! but I have a bad memory. There is this Christmas when I was little where I hadn't the gift that I wanted and I cried, I threw the gift that my mother had given me on the ground. I regret it today, I would put myself slaps !

How do you feel about the return of Connor in season 5?
I think it was necessary. It shows that Angel made a good decision regarding connor at the end of season 4. It allows the character to connor to have a new depth, another interest, and it gives to his relationship with Angel a completely different complexity. It also gave a kind of conclusion to his character and continuity to Angel !

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
What's your favourite meal to cook?

Do you enjoy visiting zoos or do you think they're cruel?

What's your best moment of 2017?

I know that my turn is over but out of respect I answer @GwenRaiden and also I apologize for not having had more time for this experience :(

What's your favourite meal to cook?
Cake !! I mostly love eating it but you know cake are...... delicious :rolleyes: Have you taste pineaple cake or with fruits ? You should definitely taste theses two :

Do you enjoy visiting zoos or do you think they're cruel?
Kinda both in fact.. otherwise I would have never seen killer whales or dolphins in my life, so it would be a lie to say that I did not appreciate the experience. But afterwards I realize that for animals life there is not necessarily what suits them best.

What's your best moment of 2017?
I can't think of one seriously.. nothing special marked me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom