• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Bloody William

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This week we have @Bloody William in the hot seat!

Here's a few questions to get things started:

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What was it about Buffy that made you fall in love with the show?
3. Who is your favorite Whedonverse character?
4. Coffee or tea?
5. What movie do you watch when you're sick?

Everyone please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week! :)

You're such a great artist, have you had any training?

Do you ever create banners or avs?

Where do you find your inspiration from (was thinking in art, but also in life)?

Wow. This has made my day!! My replying to thread skills are poor so prepare to be confused and look forward to searching for which answer goes with which question!

This week we have @Bloody William in the hot seat!

Here's a few questions to get things started:

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What was it about Buffy that made you fall in love with the show?
3. Who is your favorite Whedonverse character?
4. Coffee or tea?
5. What movie do you watch when you're sick?

Everyone please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week! :)
1. I think I was searching for CCG collectors when I first joined, there wasn't any but I noticed it was a pretty active place. When I started my marathon rewatch/re read I joined again and got told off for having 2 accounts! :)

2. I'm not really sure, I watched it when it first aired in the UK, just happened to be on. Then I just kept watching. I think just the fact it was different from anything else? Love at first sight I guess.

3. That's hard because they all have their thing! I love Anya because she's funny, direct and yes, she's pretty hot. Spike reminds me of my rebellious youth. Now I'm older I appreciate Giles more. Faith is another great character, I could go on but I would list them all!!

4. Definitely coffee, I have never liked tea.. not all English people adore tea!

5. I don't really watch anything when I'm sick. The last time I was ill was last year with (proper) flu. The TV was on and it was the remake of the karate kid, I watched that, must of been really ill!!

You're such a great artist, have you had any training?

Do you ever create banners or avs?

Where do you find your inspiration from (was thinking in art, but also in life)?
Thank you!
No I haven't had any training, started using photoshop in 1994 (version 3 I think) when I worked as an art & design technician in a secondary school. I always liked art so fell in love with photoshop. Just self taught & lots of books and playing.

I don't really do banners and avs but if someone asked me I'd consider it. Think there's other people who enjoy doing those so I leave it to them, I think I've bit off quite a lot with my current undertaking!

I think a lot of my inspiration comes from my early musical tastes, metal, punk, that sort of thing. Although it seems to be slightly horror influenced, I'm a big wuss when it comes to horror movies, although did watch a lot of the 80s ones, so maybe from there too?

Sineya
Here's a few to keep you going.......

1. Left or Right handed?
2. Are you a Mulder or a Scully when it comes to 'Do Aliens exist & are they watching us'?
3. Dream Holiday destination.
4. Go-to episode when you just want to chill out & watch some Buffy?
5. Dream job?
6. If you could go back in time & give one character from season 1/2/3 of Buffy one piece of advice. Who would you choose & what advice would you give?
7. Favourite sing-along song?
8. If you could insert yourself as a new character on Buffy, what kind of character would you play & in what series?
9. Who would play you in a movie about your life.
10. And as you're a fellow Brit.........What football team do you support?

:)

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
Do you do art for other shows/movies, etc?

What creation of yours are you most proud of?

Are you going to start creating posters for Angel episodes once you finish Buffy season 3? Because I really hope so!

Here's a few to keep you going.......

1. Left or Right handed?
2. Are you a Mulder or a Scully when it comes to 'Do Aliens exist & are they watching us'?
3. Dream Holiday destination.
4. Go-to episode when you just want to chill out & watch some Buffy?
5. Dream job?
6. If you could go back in time & give one character from season 1/2/3 of Buffy one piece of advice. Who would you choose & what advice would you give?
7. Favourite sing-along song?
8. If you could insert yourself as a new character on Buffy, what kind of character would you play & in what series?
9. Who would play you in a movie about your life.
10. And as you're a fellow Brit.........What football team do you support?

:)
1. Mainly right handed except certain things, guitar, pool, archery.

2. Definitely Mulder. There's got to be something somewhere. Maybe too far away to be watching or visit us though?

3. Hard one. Wherever it is I'd want to be totally in the culture though. Hopefully going to New Zealand as a birthday treat in a few years.

4. I can't watch single episodes of Buffy. If I watch it I always put Welcome to the Hellmouth on and away we go again!

5. Again difficult. To own a comic shop, but like they are on Tv/movies. I think in real life the financial worries would be too much. I did want to be a graphic designer when I was at school but life choices kind of ended that.

6. I'd tell Xander to go through with it in the future! You lucky man! :rolleyes:

7. That's very dependant on my mood. Probably Highway to Hell.

8. Definitely season 1. Probably a new Sunnydale High student just moved over from England? I'd probably be in with the scoobies but have some secret evil purpose?

9. This ones easy, David Arquette!

10. Been a Nottingham Forest supporter since the glory days! Still follow them but not as devoted, as I think football has become too money and fame orientated.

Do you do art for other shows/movies, etc?

What creation of yours are you most proud of?

Are you going to start creating posters for Angel episodes once you finish Buffy season 3? Because I really hope so!
I haven't done any other shows. Before I started the Buffy shows I was doing more real life model manipulations.

Out of the Buffy posters? I still like the Inca Mummy Girl one. Just because of the amount of work it took.

Yes I always intended doing Angel, wasn't sure if to do all the Buffy first then Angel or alternate. I guess I will be alternating now? ;)

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Highway to Hell.....Great choice!!!!!
Still scared of me, are you? Just doing what I tell you to do! :p *evil laughter*. I look forward to the Angel posters!!
Ha ha. Don't think I want to get on the wrong side of you! Actually it would be nice to alternate them, the Angel ones will probably be a lot darker and I'm definitely not doing any romance!

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
What are your favourite movie posters? Feel free to post some pics!

Vibrant colours or muted colours?

Most used textures and fonts?

Are you on social media?

Do you have pets?

Do you have siblings?

If you could change one thing in Buffy seaon 3 what would it be, if anything?

What are your favourite movie posters? Feel free to post some pics!

Vibrant colours or muted colours?

Most used textures and fonts?
I really like the fifties B movie style posters such as..
http://img.moviepostershop.com/them-movie-poster-1954-1020544319.jpg
or
http://img.moviepostershop.com/mothra-movie-poster-1961-1020142822.jpg

which I suppose contradicts the fact I prefer muted colours?

I have used a lot of folded and worn paper textures lately :) Most of my texture searches contain the word grunge, I do like an old, worn, scratched look!

I use Dafont for my fonts and use a lot of the eroded, destroy and distorted fonts. I also like the retro styles.

Are you on social media?

Do you have pets?

Do you have siblings?

If you could change one thing in Buffy seaon 3 what would it be, if anything?
Im on Facebook, but I rarely post anything, just use it for bike meet info. I have a Twitter account that I never use. So I guess the answer is Im on social media, but don't use it... I find it overwhelming... I like things simple!

I have a bearded dragon called Jake and 3 goldfish which are all officially my youngest daughters!

I have 2 half (hate that!) sisters & 2 half (still hate it!) brothers. I see my sisters a fair bit even though they both live away. Unfortunately haven't seen my brothers in years. My family is very complicated!

I don't think theres much I'd change in season 3, I think theres only 'Beauty and the Beasts' that I don't like. I suppose the demon mayor snake could be improved!! And maybe more Anya between The Wish & Doppelgangland!

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
What character from Buffy are you most similar to?

What's your favorite holiday?

What is something you wish you could do but can't?

What character from Buffy are you most similar to?

What's your favorite holiday?

What is something you wish you could do but can't?
When it was first aired probably Spike, minus the evil vampire. I was pretty rebellious, liked a drink and had a 'don't give a ****' kind of attitude. As I've matured it's probably more Giles, I enjoy learning more now.

I don't get away much :( I have just come back from a week on the Norfolk coast, where I take my two youngest kids every year. It's great seeing them enjoying themselves, so I guess that's my favourite holiday?

There's two things I wish I could do. Firstly sing, I can play the guitar, bass and basic drums & was in a band but I can't sing. I'd love to be able to pick up an acoustic guitar and bust out a song! Secondly, go cross eyed! Just a useless talent I wish I had!

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
You said if you could insert yourself as a new character on Buffy you play a new Sunnydale High student just moved over from England? I'd probably be in with the scoobies but have some secret evil purpose? Could you give us some more information & would you know Giles since you moved over from England & who would be taking care of you since you in High School o_O

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange.
What shows (other than Buffy) and movies do you like?
What are your favorite foods and desserts?
Dragons or dire wolves?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I don't get away much :( I have just come back from a week on the Norfolk coast, where I take my two youngest kids every year. It's great seeing them enjoying themselves, so I guess that's my favourite holiday?
I apologize in America the word "holiday" refers to Christmas, Easter, etc. I forgot that your way of saying holiday is our way of saying vacation.

What was the last book you read?

Do you have a favourite writer?

Who do you prefer for Xander; Cordelia or Anya? Why?

Who do you prefer with Spike; Dru, Harmony or Buffy? Why?

You said if you could insert yourself as a new character on Buffy you play a new Sunnydale High student just moved over from England? I'd probably be in with the scoobies but have some secret evil purpose? Could you give us some more information & would you know Giles since you moved over from England & who would be taking care of you since you in High School o_O
To be clear my fanfic is poor.... and I haven't really thought about this in depth! Maybe I would be a distant relative of Giles, so I would be staying with him. I would begin to have an interest in the magic but would be somehow seduced by the dark side... obviously everyone would see there was still some humanity in me and save me? (hopefully?)

I apologize in America the word "holiday" refers to Christmas, Easter, etc. I forgot that your way of saying holiday is our way of saying vacation.
No need to apologise, that makes sense... We only really have Easter, Halloween & Christmas.. Im not religious so Easter just means trying to explain to the kids a bar of chocolate is better value than an easter egg! Christmas seems to go on for ever & its too much sometimes. I do like Halloween, its over quick, its fun and you get to dress up!!
Last year...

What was the last book you read?

Do you have a favourite writer?

Who do you prefer for Xander; Cordelia or Anya? Why?

Who do you prefer with Spike; Dru, Harmony or Buffy? Why?
As I'm working my way through all things Buffy, I have just finished the novel 'Deep Water', just started 'Here Be Monsters'

I don't really have a favourite writer, I usually just start a book and see if it grabs me. American Psycho was a good (disturbing) read. Im more of a non-fiction lover.

Xander & Anya definitely, I really didn't like Cordelia that much in BtVS. Much preferred her in Angel, and I think Im in the minority who wanted her & Angel to be together (sorry).

Spike and Dru were fantastic together , like Bonnie & Clyde or Sid & Nancy, definitely soul mates.. Dru was a wonderful character! I liked Harmony when she became a vampire, she had some funny moments and became one of my favourites, but she wasn't for Spike.... and Spike and Buffy? No, he lost his edge for me...(again, sorry Spuffy fans!)

Status
Not open for further replies.