• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Cohen

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
Up for questioning this week is @Cohen

Your first questions are:

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

Post your questions for Cohen throughout the week.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Cohen what size TV did you watch Buffy on.

Do you think it odd there isn't a postman in the Buffy series when the TV shape is called letterbox?

Would you watch an episode of Buffy in Black and White, or would you prefer the TV screen to be black and white?

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
Have you ever looked for gold at the end of a rainbow?

Favourite Christmas song?

Cohen

Warrior
1. I found BB when I was a teen in 2005, after a different forum, City of Angel, shut down. Some of my forum friends directed me here! My first thoughts were it was much more extensive than my last forum and I really like the role playing game!
2. Buffy is an icon. I’ve grown up with her. She was an idolized hero in my childhood (started watching when I was 8!) and then when the comics rolled around we were suddenly much closer to age, so it became more of a parallel. Especially now, I found out my mom has dementia about 3 years ago, so I really relate to Buffy season 5 and her family issues then.
3. So I would probably recur during Buffy season 4, and fall madly in love with Graham Miller. I have crushed on Bailey Chase since 1999. As Graham’s sexuality was never explored on screen, my headcannon has us falling in love together. ❤
4. I am a teacher, so my days are crazy and always different. I teach English Language Learners, so I get to teach English to students who don’t speak it as a first language. And they are USA grades kindergarten through fifth, so about 5-11 years of age. They are so creative and silly and dedicated to their learning. It’s truly an amazing job! In the summer I tend to be lazy with my dog, Sammy. He’s a chihuahua-dachsund mix and literally the cutest kid on the planet.
5. If I could swap lives with one person, it would probably be Dax Shepard. ONLY because Kristen Bell is the most beautiful soul on the planet and I know they have SO MUCH FUN together, and I would love to hang out with her for the day. And I totally think if I said “Hey so, crazy weird magic thing happened. I’m like Dax for only the day, but I’m actually someone else. But I think this is the universe allowing us to goof off for the day” she would totally be down for it.
6. Originally I watched Buffy on a 4:3 box tv that was like 16in maybe? Now I watch on like a variety of screens—from iPhone to my 60in flat screen. The world has changed in 20 years 😂😂
7. I believe there was a postman in ONE episode. I can’t think of it off the top of my head. But yes, why it’s called a letterbox escapes me.
8. Black and white is an interesting scenario. Felicity did a B&W episode in homage to the Twilight Zone. If I were to watch an episode in B&W it would need to be “Hush” just because it’s a silent episode and I think it would make it creepier.
9. Yes I have looked for the end of a rainbow. I’ve so far not found anything.
10. Oh this is a hard one! Probably “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” by *NSYNC. Because boy band.

Puppet
Puppet
Awesome choice for Christmas song! :D

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
What is your favorite TV show currently on air?

What is your favorite book?

If you could change one single plot line in BTVS what would it be?

Last concert you've been to?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
What other shows/movies do you like?
Any favorite foods?
Any favorite musicians?

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
You're offered a million dollars, on the condition you name your child after a reality tv star. No child, no money, do you take the offer and what person would you name it after?

Which reality show would you go on?

Cohen

Warrior
1. Favorite tv show currently on air is a toss between Veronica Mars and Greys Anatomy. I absolutely love Kristen Bell and I love the twists and turns of the mysteries every season. As far as Greys, I have watched since I was in high school so it has a warm spot in my heart.
2. My favorite book is I, Pierre Seel, Deported Homosexual. It is a memoir I read my junior year of college, about a man who endured the holocaust not because of being Jewish but because of being a gay man. LGBT history is often not written about because it simply didn’t exist for most of history. It was considered not a thing, something cultures tried stamping out. So to get first hand accounts of a man going through unimaginable evil and coming out okay is reassuring.
3. I really hated Kennedy and willow. I don’t think Willow had healed enough from losing Tara. Kennedy was a spoiled brat who always got her way. She pushed and pushed and pushed Willow, and it wasn’t a good relationship. Especially not one to end Willow’s story on. So I would have Willow continue to heal from her dark persona, and not be in a relationship.
4. I saw Kesha in concert a year ago. My sister broke her ankle. It was a mess. I really want to see her again. And I want to see Of Monsters and Men. They are doing a world tour through the end of 2019 so I’m hoping they come near me in the next year.
5. I am a horror buff. But I am also a marvel cinematic fan. I watch way too many shows to list but I always keep up with SVU, The Good Place, Will & Grace, The Orville, and Black Mirror.
6. I love chicken anything. Like make it with chicken and I’ll eat it. I also really like Mexican food. And buffalo wings. I have grown an affinity to spicy foods, so if it has a kick, I’m down.
7. Kesha is my spirit animal. I also love American Authors, Of Monsters and Men, Bastille, OneRepublic, Jonas Brothers, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness (formerly Jack’s Mannequin), Walk the Moon, Twenty-One Pilots, Lady Gaga, Ed Sheeran, and on occasion Taylor Swift.
8. Sure. I’ll name my possible future child Kristen. Kristen Bell is literally one of the most compassionate Hollywood stars I know. Would be an AMAZING name-sake.
9.i would LOVE The Amazing Race OR Survivor. I think survivor would be more challenging because starvation and psychological warfare. But to have the opportunity to travel the world, doing amazing challenges along the way would be fun too. So either of those!

Taake

Kissing Toast
Staff member
Black Thorn
*knock knock* Who's that at the door?
The Rossum corporation. All they want is your body for a couple of years, in exchange you get financial security for life. Yay, or nay?

What's your favorite outfit?

Are you thrifty or spendy?

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
If you could go to any restaurant in the world and have a meal which would it be?

What's the furthest you've driven?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Evil hand issues💀
Black Thorn
Do you have any bionic body parts?

Have you ever ridden a camel?

When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Cohen

Warrior
1. Funny story. I used to hate cheese. And then one day, I saw a slice a cheese and I thought “man that baby looks GOOD.” So I ate it. And now I put cheese on almost everything.
2. Gonna have to turn down the Rossum Corporation. It’s a tempting offer but I’ve seen where that ends, and it isn’t exactly “good”.
3. I am a shorts and a t-shirt kind of man. I don’t like to dress up. I’d much prefer to be relaxed and casual.
4. I think I’m thrifty. My husband thinks I’m spendy. Let’s just say I have a champagne taste on a beer belly budget.
5. There’s this REALLY good seafood restaurant in Charleston called 167 Raw. You literally wait hours to be seated. It’s in this tiny tiny building. Maybe 25 people can sit in the whole restaurant. But they know how to cook seafood. Best food I’ve ever eaten.
6. I’ve driven from Columbia SC to Washington DC. That’s the furthest I’ve driven. Well worth it.
7. Nothing bionic here. But that’s not to say there may not be some in the future.
8. Camels scare me, so no. No camel riding here. I enjoy not being at the mercy of large hump-backed animals.
9. I wanted to be a witch vampire slayer. But not like the chosen one blah blah blah. But like a witch with the Halliwell powers who kills vampires. I used to walk around my neighborhood with a stake. Never once seen a vampire. Major let down.

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
Favourite historical person?

If you could time travel, would you go to the future or the past?

Cohen

Warrior
Historical person... that’s a tough one. I’m not really into like specific people. But what really interests me is ancient history. I’m very curious about the Maya and Aztec. Their cultures are so intricate and different than “western cultures”. They had a completely different history than European, African and Asian civilizations.. simply because they were cut off from that part of the world. And the conquistadors burned most of their records. So they really intrigue me.

I would totally visit the past. I would love to see the differences and similarities between past cultures and today! I would kill to visit Rome. But as a citizen. Roman time is so interesting to me too. Their hierarchy and the literal belief in Gods and the Gods playing a heavy role in their decision making. I would love to visit Rome.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Cohen, if you were able to use the shrink ray from the film Despicable me, what would you use it on?

Cohen

Warrior
Yes, I have the ability I to swim.

First concert I went to was Relient K, a Christian rock band, in high school.

I’d use the shrink ray on the White House and Congress. Then maybe we can get some good governing bodies to replace the craziness that’s currently in office (democrats and Republicans alike! )

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
What were you looking for when you found this site, or did you deliberately come here?

What members (usernames) can you remember from when you joined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom