• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Curious Pathos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
his week, we have @Curious Pathos in the chair for the spotlight!

Here's a few questions kick things off:

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

Everyone please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week. :)

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Which is your most favourite wild animal? Which is your most favourite pet animal?

What do you eat while Buffy binging? (Viewing)

Which buffy character would you dress up as for a costume party?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Pathos! The chat misses you.

Would you ever go hunting?
Do you have ideal names for your future kids?
Do you have plans to visit America at some point in your life?
If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
Who is the one person who has most shaped who you are today?

Curious Pathos

"You're the one, Buffy."
1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
By googling lore questions; I love lore for just about any piece of media. The Buffyverse lore is one of my absolute favourites.
I think it was really interesting and had some provocative viewpoints on certain characters. I often look to BB to help me find love for certain characters that I struggle to like or found difficult not to hate.

2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
The people! I love all of you, even if I haven't met all you yet!

3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
Well, I would like to be in The Body, or Forever... B/C I want to be able to comfort each character...And I want to know what Spike was doing while he was missing in the body...
But, I think you mean from a production, not a lore standpoint, so maybe...I would like to be a background demon in Life Serial or in any of the busy Caritas scenes... I just want to look cool and not interfere with the story. Oh, I could also be in the background of Wolfram and Hart...

4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
Food, University, Sleep...Sounds boring, but I make it interesting and fun with the magic of perspective...

5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?
My sister or my brother... We have different talents that complement the rest of us. My sister is highly gifted in social interaction, and I would love to see the world from her perspective. My brother is talented in coding/ computer sciences, and he can practically play any instrument that he picks up within a ridiculously short amount of time. I would also love to see things from another gender, but I would not want to change permanently because I am female inside and out.
Which is your most favourite wild animal? Which is your most favourite pet animal?
MOMONGA! They are endangered and adorable and I LOVE THEM! I wish I could have one as a pet...
A legal pet animal... I always wanted a Bengal cat...
https://snowyswan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/rainbow-of-bengal-cats.jpg

What do you eat while Buffy binging? (Viewing)
Pocky... soft salad crisps... sesame bars. Definitely sesame bars and, Anpan... daifuku... Taiyaki... So many good snack foods...

Which buffy character would you dress up as for a costume party?
Drusilla... She would probably be the easiest for me to cosplay as I have a lot of dresses similar to her style... The make-up and hair would be pretty easy for me, too... I'm a very practical person for cosplay.
Pathos! The chat misses you.
I miss you guys, too. <3

Would you ever go hunting?
For targets, sure... For animals, only if we respect them animals death by eating the meat and using the rest of the body for practical applications... I can't, with good conscious, hunt only for sport; killing animals just because you can is not right IMO... I fish when I can, it's relaxing...

Do you have ideal names for your future kids?
Not really, I have gone through a few names thinking about what would sound cool or be nice, but I have not invested in any one name...

Do you have plans to visit America at some point in your life?
I have visited America for an exchange programme once before... I'm not sure if I would come again. It's not that I don't like America; It's just not home to me.

If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
Depends on which theory of time travel you are talking about... If it depends on the butterfly effect, then whatever I did, already changed everything about the world... If it's a casual time loop, whatever I changed in the past already happened...Hmm... I would save the Ainu people from being destroyed, or all the Chinese culture burned in the Maoist revolution... Something to preserve what has been completely lost to us now...

Who is the one person who has most shaped who you are today?
My father. I love him. He loves me. He has taught me so much about how to deal with the world around me, and for that, I am forever grateful.

Sineya
Is there anything that you used to love but now hate and vice versa?
What's your least favourite and favourite month?
Would you rather be able to see 10 minutes into the past or 10 minutes into the future?
Do you test well?

Sineya
1. Left or Right handed?
2. Are you a Mulder or a Scully when it comes to the question, Do Aliens exist?
3. Your favourite sing-along song?
4. Dream Job?
5. Favourite Anime Character?
6. What's the best thing about living in Japan?
7. Favourite Ice Cream flavour?
8. Who would play you in a film about your life?
9. Dream holiday destination?
10. Go-to episode when you just want to chill-out & watch Buffy?

Curious Pathos

"You're the one, Buffy."
Is there anything that you used to love but now hate and vice versa?
I used to hate the colour orange, but now, I don't mind it...I used to despise emeralds, but now, they are my favourite gem... Apparently, I used to love to eat eggs, but now, I hate them [I can't remember liking them, but my parents say it was my favourite food when I was younger.]...That's all I can think of for now...
What's your least favourite and favourite month?
Favourite month: May, pretty flowers...
Least Favourite: June, I guess... I don't really hate it; there is just not many holidays in June... I like holidays.
Would you rather be able to see 10 minutes into the past or 10 minutes into the future?
10 minutes in the future... I could help people more effectively that way... I would know what they needed before they would need it...
Do you test well? Yes, I believe so...
1. Left or Right handed? I'm right-handed, but I think left-handed people are cool...I'm still trying to achieve ambidexterity...
2. Are you a Mulder or a Scully when it comes to the question, Do Aliens exist? More of a Mulder than a Scully... I just don't think humans as a species are ready for that kind of responsibility that this information requires.
3. Your favourite sing-along song?
4. Dream Job? Earthquake engineer...
5. Favourite Anime Character? Age from Heroic Age
6. What's the best thing about living in Japan? The festivals, especially Obon.
7. Favourite Ice Cream flavour? Adzuki
8. Who would play you in a film about your life? Um... I would play... no one... If someone wanted to make a movie about my life, then it would be there interpretation of my life, not my life, so... yeah...
9. Dream holiday destination? Anywhere in Hokkaido... maybe Okinawa...wait, a dream destination... I can choose anywhere I want... I could visit you! England, Tally ho!
10. Go-to episode when you just want to chill-out & watch Buffy? Pangs... Something Blue...Fool For Love... Flooded...Once More with Feeling... Any episode with sarcastic Spike in it really...

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange.
What other shows/movies do you like?
Do you like any sports, whether it be playing or watching?
If you could go back in time and visit, but not change. Where would you go and why?

Curious Pathos

"You're the one, Buffy."
What other shows/movies do you like?
A whole bunch of anime; my favourite anime is Heroic Age. Star Wars. Star Trek. Marvel Cinematic Universe. DC Animated Movie Universe. Princess Bride. Monty Python...Lord of the Rings...Studio Ghibli Movies...Summer Wars...I like a lot of things... The Boy and the Beast...DERO!...Lupin the Third...

Do you like any sports, whether it be playing or watching?
I like to watch football... The real football...The one you play with your feet...
Go Posh!
My Japanese team: 海上自衛隊厚木マーカス [JMSDF Atsugi Marcus]
If I play football, then I play goalie... I don't play often...
Um, does this count as a sport? The aggressive Japanese sport of poetry:
:D

If you could go back in time and visit, but not change. Where would you go and why?
I would go back to the Italian Renaissance because I love art, poetry, and philosophy... Witnessing would be an interesting experience...Maybe, to go back to see Spartan Society, probably be better for my gender than the Renaissance...Or I could go back to 1605 and meet/see Miura Anjin [I would love to hear his story from him.]...Or to 1903 and meet/see Lafcadio Hearn [I would like to know he felt about his life's work.]... Oh, I could go to Easter Island before the natives disappeared; I would solve the mystery! How long would be the visit, anyway? How would I visit but not change anything? Wouldn't my introduced existence at that time change something? :p

Puppet
Puppet
It's called soccer
Black Thorn
If you have to kill off either Willow or Giles, who would you choose?

Who would win in a fight, the caveman or the astronaut? No weapons allowed.

Pen Pen or Misato?

Lelouch or L?

Hiei or Kurama?

Popuko or Pipimi?

Nono or Senri?

Char or Amuro?

PS or Xbox?

PC or Mac?

Kotatsu with oranges or without oranges?

Curious Pathos

"You're the one, Buffy."
If you have to kill off either Willow or Giles, who would you choose?
My first instinct is Willow b/c she almost ended the world, but I think Giles dying would make more narrative sense. He acted like he was going to die in Grave, just let him die. Mentor dying is a trope for a reason, and Willow would have to deal with the consequences, giving Xander and Buffy more moral strength for forgiving her. I think this kind of redemption story could parallel Spike's during season 7.

Who would win in a fight, the caveman or the astronaut? No weapons allowed.
Cavemen b/c I love Spike and no other reason.

Pen Pen or Misato?
Pengin and Penko from Shirokuma Kafe or Hippo from Pichi Pichi Melody :p... But in all seriousness, Pen Pen b/c I already have a few Misato figures. I want a life-sized Pen Pen plush.

Lelouch or L?
L! I want to eat strawberry shortcake with him.

Hiei or Kurama?
Kuruma b/c fox ears! But I still want to hug Hiei...hmm... I choose Sesshōmaru. He wins. :p

Popuko or Pipimi?
Pipimi b/c Caspey is the Popuko to my Pipimi...;)

Nono or Senri?
I can't handle that game nor its anime... It makes me nauseous. Sorry... Um... I choose Kaede Kayano! No, Eureka from Eureka Seven!

Char or Amuro?
Amuro kills Lalah and blames Char... I chose Char.

PS or Xbox?
PC Master Race! DS Or other Nintendo consoles... My house has all types of consoles because my brother is a gamer... I'm sure I could have fun on any console. I just need to find the right game.

PC or Mac?
Linux! :p But I am currently using a PC...

Kotatsu with oranges or without oranges?
Kotatsu with oranges. Why not choose food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom