• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Evil Seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This week, we have @Evil Seal in the torture chamber! Here are few opening questions:

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

Everyone please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week :)

What are you studying?

Do you ship Spangel?

Do you have a favourite podcast?

What's your favourite game, either a board game or online?

Evil Seal

Alright, 10 more minutes of chanting.
Wow wasn't expecting that ! But I'm game :)

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?
1. I'd just discovered BtVS and I had nobody to talk to about it because the person who made me watch it is now my friend's ex, so I couldn't talk about it with her... And this show made me realised how much I really cared about all the movies and tv shows I'd watch over the years. I started looking online for stuff about my favourite shows. I was looking up Whedonesque and BB was the second one that Google offered so I checked it out for infos. And after Whedonesque closed, I kept seeing posts like "this site changed my life" so I decided to join a forum and this was the best one ! I'm loving every minute of it ever since I joined. At first I thought that I didn't have anything to say but when you're talking to people who speak your language, it's easier <3
2. Buffy is the most realistic show I've ever seen. It shows people dealing with everyday problems. And it does it while battling monsters and stopping apocalypses. It the best series I've ever seen and (probably) will ever see.
3. Wow. Hard one. I'd say School Hard and be the first one to die :p Or maybe Family and punch one of Tara's family members in the throat.
4. Not very interesting. I go to University, play some piano, watch a tv series that I've watch a thousand times before... The usual!
5. I have no idea! Right now, I'm doing exactly what I want so I'm pretty happy with being just me :) But if it was just for a day, I'd want to be a producer (on something I truly believe in), to witness how everything works.

What are you studying?

Do you ship Spangel?

Do you have a favourite podcast?

What's your favourite game, either a board game or online?
I'm a second-year biology student and I love it!

Well, I don't ship anything really but Spangel has amazing chemistry and is funny to imagine. I don't especially want Spike & Angel to end up together in the canon story and I'm happy with whatever the writers decide for the characters, but it's an amusing detour to play with.

I've never actually listened to a podcast (except France Culture, but that doesn't count : it was boring). However, I'm planning to listen to Once More With Podcast and Pourquoi Buffy C'est Génial (=Why Buffy Is Awesome).

I love board games but none of my friends do, so I haven't played in a long time... If anything, I'm more of a video games kinda gal. But I just started playing Con Man: The Game and it's pretty cool for a facebook game. But then again, Alan Tudyk was part of it so I'm automatically biased.
Otherwise, I love to play Call of Duty on Xbox with my best friend who doesn't know how to play :D

Who's your fav character ?
What's your fav food?
My fav would be Buffy, Willow or Faith. And Giles is pretty great too. If you were only talking about BtVS :p But then again, it changes with every rewatch!

My favourite food is and always will be salmon. Doesn't matter how you cook it, I will love it.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
What’s your favorite book?

What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?

If you had $100 given to you so you could treat yo self, how would you spend it?

What would your ideal job be after finishing Uni?

Do you read the Buffy or Angel comics?

What do you enjoy cooking?

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
If you could go into the Buffyverse what kind of person would you like to play .

Who would want to date & who would you dislike if you dislike anyone.

Evil Seal

What’s your favorite book?

What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?

If you had $100 given to you so you could treat yo self, how would you spend it?
My favourite book would be a tie between Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl, La Faim Du Tigre by René Barjavel (The Hunger Of The Tiger) and Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. And maybe La Mort Est Mon Métier by Robert Merle (Death Is My Job).

My favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla and yes, I know all the jokes you can make about that :p

I would buy a train ticket to Grenoble (in the Alps) to go see my best friend in her new apartment/life. We used to see each other every day in high school, then we downgraded to once a week and now it's only when we're both in Paris at the same time...

What would your ideal job be after finishing Uni?

Do you read the Buffy or Angel comics?

What do you enjoy cooking?
I would LOVE to work in a lab. That's kinda my only requirement. Nah, I'm still not sure about the specific field I wanna go into but pharmaceutical/medical/biochemical research is my jam :)

Yep. I'm at s09 of Buffy and I just finished Angel: After The Fall: First Night. I already bought my first s10 issue from Rebekah Isaacs and she drew a beautiful Spike inside for me :D

I hate waiting for something to cook but otherwise I love making Tiramisus with my great-aunt's recipe.

If you could go into the Buffyverse what kind of person would you like to play .

Who would want to date & who would you dislike if you dislike anyone
I would probably see myself as Xander, the awkward trying-to-be-funny gal that has a lot of love to share but no particular skills. But I would probably want to be Giles, the person who has everybody under their wing even though I've made mistakes in the past.

I'd wanna date Buffy I think, because I don't have to take care of her and at the same time she could use my advice on some stuff. And she could take care of me as well without me totally depending on her.
I disliked Lindsey but sometimes I liked him. I guess it was all part of the character

jls

a big cat
What's your spirit animal and why?

What's your favourite sort of landscape to be in or look at?

Choose: be painted in a famous painting or be the painter of a famous painting?

Evil Seal
Evil Seal
You think outside the box I like it

Evil Seal

What's your spirit animal and why?

What's your favourite sort of landscape to be in or look at?

Choose: be painted in a famous painting or be the painter of a famous painting?
I've always been a cat. I'm kinda lazy except when something really peaks my interest. At first I'm reserved and a little shy, but if we become friends, I'll follow and comfort you if you need me to, to the end of the world.

Anything with snow. I LOVE snow. Mountains, Fjords, big cities, villages, forests... Anything with snow.

Painter. I wouldn't want to be recognizable everywhere I go.

Which superpower would you prefer - mind reading or flying?

Can you swim? (Like a seal?)
Flying. My dream job is fighter pilot but unfortunately, I wear glasses.

I can swim, but not like a seal :p I really like swimming actually and I need to go back to the swimming pool cuz I don't do enough sport nowadays... Told you I was lazy :D

Taake

Bella
Staff member
Black Thorn
What's the best thing about studying biology?
Why did you decide to pursue that field?
In the movie about your life - what actor would you pick to play you?

Evil Seal

What's the best thing about studying biology?
Why did you decide to pursue that field?
The best thing is definitely understanding how it all works. The cells, the chemical reactions that lead to this and that. My specialty is biochemistry which covers everything that happens inside the cell. For example, how different types of sugar (glucose, fructose, lactose, etc) behave and how are they digested by our system. It's also amazing to understand how muscles work in detail, or how the oxygen is distributed through the body.

I want to know how it works. How everything works. But I can't study everything :) and the human body is the most interesting imo. Everything has a purpose in a cell, everything is useful. And the tiniest change can mean dire consequences.
Anya's monologue in The Body resonates a lot with me because she wants to "understand how it all happens" and I do too :)

Wow I have absolutely no idea I've never thought about it... let me think on it for a while and I'll get back to you!

Taake

Bella
Staff member
Black Thorn
The best thing is definitely understanding how it all works. The cells, the chemical reactions that lead to this and that. My specialty is biochemistry which covers everything that happens inside the cell. For example, how different types of sugar (glucose, fructose, lactose, etc) behave and how are they digested by our system. It's also amazing to understand how muscles work in detail, or how the oxygen is distributed through the body.

I want to know how it works. How everything works. But I can't study everything :) and the human body is the most interesting imo. Everything has a purpose in a cell, everything is useful. And the tiniest change can mean dire consequences.
Anya's monologue in The Body resonates a lot with me because she wants to "understand how it all happens" and I do too :)
My foster sister studies biology, but her focus isn't on human biology now, you sound a lot like her. I'll tell you, after a couple of years of studying religion, philosophy and political science... you guys probably made the right choice. My area reeks of "a dude said this, sounded really sure, so everyone just went with it for a while until the next dude came along".

Basically, yay you. Carry on, carrying on. :)

Oh and if you could - would you follow Victor Frankenstein's path and create your own monster? (It wasn't really evil after all, he just needed a hug... kind of)

Evil Seal

My foster sister studies biology, but her focus isn't on human biology now
What's her focus?

I'll tell you, after a couple of years of studying religion, philosophy and political science... you guys probably made the right choice. My area reeks of "a dude said this, sounded really sure, so everyone just went with it for a while until the next dude came along".
I find this stuff really interesting but yeah it's too vague for me :)

What other shows/movies do you like?
What foods and desserts do you like?
Any dream destinations?
How much time do you have?
TV shows : Veronica Mars, 30 Rock, Community, Family Guy, Firefly, Arrested Development, Childrens Hospital, Sherlock, Archer, Wet Hot American Summer,...
Movies : The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Kill Bill, Scream, Megamind, Cruel Intentions, Wet Hot American Summer,...
Anything that is witty and preferably with a good dose of humour.

Favourite foods : anything with salmon. And duck confit.
Favourite desserts : I love tiramisu and macarons. And tarte au citron meringuée (some kind of lemon pie)

ICELAND!! And Norway. And the north of Sweden. And Canada! I've already been to Denmark and Stockholm and I love Scandinavia so far. I want to see more of it and Iceland would be my ideal destination (it has snow and everything!).

Evil Seal

Oh and if you could - would you follow Victor Frankenstein's path and create your own monster? (It wasn't really evil after all, he just needed a hug... kind of)
I honestly don't find it that interesting but if my friend started an experiment like that I'd totally jump on board!

I've thought about it and I guess it would be Tina Fey cuz she's the perfect amount of awkward. And she kinda tries to turn everything she hears into a joke. I'm like that...

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
How often were Spike and Angel really intimate?:D

If you could fly a plane or drive a race car which would you choose?

If Buffy and Faith both show up to your party, who are you gonna go talk to?

If someone had dinner with you and told me about it, what are they saying was the best thing about you?

Mrs Gordo

We fight termites wherever they may roam!
Black Thorn
If you could go back and undo just ONE thing in all the buffyverse what would it be and why?

If you could pick either Buffy or Faith to serve as your personal body guard for a day who would you choose?

If you had to choose would you be a witch, slayer or vampire?

Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
I think she should know if there are any special privelages with this bodyguard...

jls

a big cat
Do you think the mind can be reduced to the brain?

When is the last time you climbed a tree? Tell us about it!

Evil Seal
Evil Seal
Man, I love your questions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom