• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: GothicBuffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
It's a new week and a new player, let's welcome @GothicBuffy to the spotlight

Here's your starter questions:

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

GothicBuffy

Slayer
1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?

I found out out BB through googling lots of Buffy questions as I watched and rewatched the show- BB came up a lot in my searching and always had awesome discussions and insights about every and all topics about the show. I was happy to see that there's a large community of people still actively discussing the show with such intelligence. I haven't been a member for that long but I love it!

2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?

2) A deep love of the characters. Really intelligent writing, too. The endless symbolism and intricate character development... perfection. It's also feels so comforting to watch (especially season 1-4) and it never ever gets boring. I notice new things every time I rewatch.

3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?

3) Hmm... It's hard to pick. I wouldn't want to interfere in any of the character centric episodes because I wouldn't want to ruin the careful writing lol. I'd be happy with an appearance in Once More With Feeling (i'm a singer). I would also love to play a mysterious vampire villain in any monster of the week ep. Or any episode where I could be of some kind of emotional help/support to Buffy because I love her and she deserves it. No matter what, I would want to interact with Spike either in an emotional support capacity (because he also needed that) or in a funny way where I'm just in the episode to insult him in a funny way. Because sometimes he needed the ego check.

4. What does a day in your life usually look like?

4) Right now, a day in my life looks like a couple hours of Zoom school and then various activities such as choir (also still on zoom unfortunately), running a creative writing club, tutoring students, working on my own creative writing/poetry, or hanging out with friends. I'm experiencing a bit of senioritis right now as spring approaches and awaiting college results. Most days I bike. I'm prepping for a big summer bike trip so most days I try to get outside and do that. I like that I have more time for it recently.

5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

I don't know, I kind of like being myself. Can I say Buffy Summers? I think in the real world I'd like to be a celebrity or politician for a day so I can see what it's like to have that kind of visibility, and also so I could give all their money away to good causes, ha ha.

Priceless

Scooby
Are you blonde or dark haired?

Did you ever have a tree house?

Do you live in the country?

Do you smoke?

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Do you prefer regular school or Zoom ? what do you miss about regular school ? what do you like about Zoom ?

GothicBuffy

Slayer

GothicBuffy

Slayer
Do you prefer regular school or Zoom ? what do you miss about regular school ? what do you like about Zoom ?

I prefer regular school. There are some benefits to Zoom school, liking getting more sleep, hang a little less work, and a shorter day, but I would rather be in person. Its way harder to focus and I want to see everybody again and see my teachers in person before I graduate. I miss the little things about day to day interaction with people. I even miss taking the train everyday. I'd like a real prom and graduation as well.

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
  1. What are your favourite colors?
  2. Are there specific shades of these colors that you like? What are they? (For example if you like purple: lavender, lilac, eggplant etc.)
  3. What are your favourite U.S. accents?
  4. Sweet, sour, or salty?
  5. How many languages do you speak?
  6. What languages would you like to learn?
  7. Are you a soprano, mezzo-soprano or a contralto?
  8. What genre of songs you like the most to sing?
  9. Who are your favourite female vocalists?
  10. Who are your favourite male vocalists?
  11. What is your most favourite school subject?
  12. What is your least favourite school subject?
  13. How would you describe your clothing style?
  14. If you were given the chance to travel anywhere in the world for three weeks without paying anything, to what places would you go? (You would still be bounded by standard laws of time, travel, jetlags etc. though.) (Also, let’s assume there is no Covid-19 for this question 😇)
  15. If you are familiar with MBTI, what is your type?

Last edited:

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
What kind of car do you drive?

Do you play any musical instruments?

Do you prefer urban, suburban or rural living?

Can you swim?

Can you sing?

Do you have a significant other?

Do you have an insignificant other?

What level of education do you have?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

What are your worst favourite vices?

Have you ever taken part in a protest?

How long has it been since you were in a fight?

GothicBuffy

Slayer
  1. What are your favourite colors?
  2. Are there specific shades of these colors that you like? What are they? (For example if you like purple: lavender, lilac, eggplant etc.)
  3. What are your favourite U.S. accents?
  4. Sweet, sour, or salty?
  5. How many languages do you speak?
  6. What languages would you like to learn?
  7. Are you a soprano, mezzo-soprano or a contralto?
  8. What genre of songs you like the most to sing?
  9. Who are your favourite female vocalists?
  10. Who are your favourite male vocalists?
  11. What is your most favourite school subject?
  12. What is your least favourite school subject?
  13. How would you describe your clothing style?
  14. If you were given the chance to travel anywhere in the world for three weeks without paying anything, to what places would you go? (You would still be bounded by standard laws of time, travel, jetlags etc. though.) (Also, let’s assume there is no Covid-19 for this question 😇)
  15. If you are familiar with MBTI, what is your type?

1) Green, red, black.

2) Dark forest green, any kind of red, and black is explanatory lol.

3) Well I'm from Boston so I have to say a Boston accent is my favorite. I also like Minnesotan accents.

4) Sweet. I have a huge sweet tooth that I usually have to fuel through baking for myself, because there usually isn't junk food in the house. My specialty is cheesecake.

5) I only speak english fluently, But I took French and Latin for four years each. Even though I had a small exchange trip to France my French is far from perfect.

6) I'd like to speak French way better than I do. I'd also like to learn Gaelic.

7) I am a soprano!

8) I sing all types of music. When I'm alone I lie to listen to The Smiths, Fiona Apple, The Mountain Goats. I am in 2 different choirs, one of which is a touring one. We sing music from all over the word. I really like some of the classical pieces we do, as well as gospel and sacred hymns from across the globe including those in the Xhosa language of South Africa and songs from the Maori people of Australia. We do some great jazz numbers as well. Right now I'm working on a musical theatre piece with my voice teacher.

9) There are so many to choose... Fiona Apple. Ani DI Franco. Kathleen Hanna. I like plenty of opera singers too.

10) John Darnielle form the mountain goats and guys who sing in his style, the talk/singing style of folk punk is awesome. I like Morrissey's emotional voice. Really unfortunate he's not a great guy, he was such a talented musician. I also am always in awe of the rich voices of bases, so some of my fave male singers are from my choir actually!

11) I like English and history, but only if history is being taught in an interesting, discussion based way and not a lecture out of a textbook. I also like biology and enviro.

12) Math. I've had to work extra hard in the subject and I'm not terrible at it but I still hate it.

13) My clothing style is very much goth punk, but I have a lot of different kinds of jackets. I thrift a lot so anything cool from thrift stores.

14) For 3 whole weeks? I would try to see as much as Europe as possible. See how many countries and cities I could hit, plus visit an old friend, before me time runs out. I'd focus on meeting new people.

15) I am an ENFJ. I'm more of an astrology person tbh but I like the MBTI stuff as well.

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Thank you for your answers!☺️ Good luck with the musical theatre piece.🙋‍♀️🎶

GothicBuffy

Slayer
What kind of car do you drive?

Do you play any musical instruments?

Do you prefer urban, suburban or rural living?

Can you swim?

Can you sing?

Do you have a significant other?

Do you have an insignificant other?

What level of education do you have?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

What are your worst favourite vices?

Have you ever taken part in a protest?

How long has it been since you were in a fight?

1) Don't drive anything yet. I've almost got my license though.

2) Nope, only singing. I used to play the piano.

3) I like living in the city. Visiting rural places is great but I only want to live in the city.

4) I can swim. I love water and the ocean and I'm pretty interested in marine biology.

5) Yep.

6) Nah. The pandmeic has kind of put a stop to that kind of stuff.

7) No one is insignificant to me! ;)

8) I'm a high school senior. Looking forward to college big time.

9) I'd like to live in London or Paris for a while just to know what it's like to live in a different city in a different country. But more than that, I want to live in Svalbard, a tiny Arctic island owned by Norway. Not for long, just a little while to experience the vastly different sunlight hours and see some polar bears.

10) Hm.... I'm pretty impatient and have a quick temper. Not my best quality I'm afraid.

11) Yeah. I've been to a few BLM protests. I work in climate justice, so plenty of those types of things. I've even organized a couple protest for climate with others, with great turnout.

12) I was in a fistfight a couple of weeks ago with my buddy. Not for any reason, and it wasn't super intense, we were just hanging out and blowing off steam. It was fun! A mutual throwdown. Good bonding activity maybe?😜

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
What's the one thing people visiting Boston should see or do?

Are you a good cook?
Pepsi or Coke?

GothicBuffy

Slayer
What's the one thing people visiting Boston should see or do?

Are you a good cook?
Pepsi or Coke?

1) People should definitely check out North End and the restaurants! And the great museums. Just downtown in general to get a good mix of the old architecture and the new stores. Boston is a pretty walkable city. The Boston Common is also really nice in the summer.

2) I'm a decent cook, but I'm a better baker. I've been baking a lot over the winter.

3) Pepsi but I don't like either. I'm a root beer kind of gal.

GothicBuffy

Slayer
What sign are you and what does it mean about you?

What other signs do you get on with best?

I am a Leo sun, Scorpio moon, and Aries rising.
I like being a Leo. I know, that's totally something a Leo would say. I definitely fit the stereotype.

My best friend is an Aquarius and the other is a Cancer. I have another close friend who's a Scorpio but we've had our conflicts lol. I think I clash with Scorpios tbh, even if I love 'em. I get along with air signs. I like other fire signs but I like being the only Leo.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
I honestly thought your profile was just a play on Faith- like 17, from Boston 😂

What other Supernatural shows do you watch?
What is your favourite genre of television?
Do you prefer movies or TV?
Are you allergic to anything?
Do you drink milk by itself?

GothicBuffy

Slayer
I honestly thought your profile was just a play on Faith- like 17, from Boston 😂

Hah, I didn't even realize that until just now!

What other Supernatural shows do you watch?
What is your favourite genre of television?
Do you prefer movies or TV?
Are you allergic to anything?
Do you drink milk by itself?

I love the X Files. Fox Mulder is one of my favorite characters of all time. I often wonder what he would think of Sunnydale. I liked Supernatural for a while but I haven't watched it in years. It's not specifically supernatural, but I love Doctor Who.

No favorite genre- I like character based shows. Nothing has ever been better than Buffy.

I prefer tv, movies feel like a lot of work to watch sometimes.

I used to be allergic to lavender which was weird.

When I was younger- but not anymore.

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
Do you have a favourite musical?
Do you have a favourite French word?
Do you have a pet?

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Which Doctor is your favourite and have you watched the latest era?
What is your favourite vegetable?
Are there any shows you refuse to watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom