• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: GothicBuffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GothicBuffy

Slayer
Do you have a favourite musical?
Do you have a favourite French word?
Do you have a pet?

1) Falsettos, definitely.

2) Hmm I don't know. I like the word Ephemere, meaning short lived or ephemeral.

3) yeah, I have a yellow lab. I love her so much. I like that I get to see her during my school day because of the pandemic.

GothicBuffy

Slayer
Which Doctor is your favourite and have you watched the latest era?
What is your favourite vegetable?
Are there any shows you refuse to watch?

I rank 'em 11, 9, 10, 12, but I love them all mostly equally. I haven't watched Season 11 or anything past it. The writing got pretty bad and they messed up the dynamics and lore of the show. I like Jodie Whittaker though!

I like most vegetables. Broccoli and asparagus are high on the list.

I'm open to most things but I guess I avoid Friends? I know it will annoy me. I also dislike cartoon/animated shows so anything lie that I don't watch.

Bop
Bop
Good choice with the doctors :)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Auburn hair? More brunette or ginger?
What is your favorite kind of cake?
What's your favorite soda/pop/cola?
Do you like hot cocoa? If so, what's your favorite brand?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Film that always makes you laugh?
Film that always makes you cry?
Favourite song by someone you don't like?
Favourite childhood television show?
Favourite Disney Princess?

GothicBuffy

Slayer
Auburn hair? More brunette or ginger?
What is your favorite kind of cake?
What's your favorite soda/pop/cola?
Do you like hot cocoa? If so, what's your favorite brand?

More brunette.
Carrot cake and cheesecake!
Rootbeer
I do- I like to use dutch cocoa and lots of spices to make it.

GothicBuffy

Slayer
Film that always makes you laugh?
Film that always makes you cry?
Favourite song by someone you don't like?
Favourite childhood television show?
Favourite Disney Princess?

Zoolander, Serial Mom.

The Perfect Storm. Kiss of the Spiderwoman. (which is a fantastic film!!!) Dead Poets Society. Titanic.

I'm not sure... I try and avoid music by people I dislike. Unless its the Smiths- love the music, dislike Morrissey and his solo career.

I liked Merlin and Psych when I was younger and I still do.

Merida is my fave.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I heard there was a Tea Party where you live a few years back, that being so,
what is your favourite country of origin of tea?

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Can you get black velvet cake?
Do you like the song black velvet?
Have you ever worn a black velvet dress?

(Got the song stuck in my head!)

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
I liked Merlin and Psych when I was younger and I still do.
I have never watched Merlin, but understood from the internet and my sister that no one there is 100% straight (even thought it's never mentioned on the show), is that something that flew over your head when you were younger and have only noticed as you got older ?

GothicBuffy

Slayer
I heard there was a Tea Party where you live a few years back, that being so,
what is your favourite country of origin of tea?

My favorite tea is matcha. My friend makes fantastic matcha lattes. I guess that comes from Japan, so there, I suppose?

GothicBuffy

Slayer
Can you get black velvet cake?
Do you like the song black velvet?
Have you ever worn a black velvet dress?

Ha, I've never heard this song before. It's pretty great!
I don't like velvet cake and I don't think I own a velvet dress, though.

GothicBuffy

Slayer
I have never watched Merlin, but understood from the internet and my sister that no one there is 100% straight (even thought it's never mentioned on the show), is that something that flew over your head when you were younger and have only noticed as you got older ?

Yeah so essentially the popular theory is that magic is a metaphor for being gay and that Merlin and Arthur are in love. When I was younger I could definitely see that something was going on, but I wasn't sure what. Fast forward about 8 years later, I've realized I'm bisexual, and the queer subtext was way more obvious.

TarasBoyfriend

Unwilling disciple of Eyghon
Sineya
You like Buffy, The X-Files, and Doctor Who so I would say that qualifies you as a bit of a nerd (in a good way). In your experience is that easier as a young person now given the media’s recent embrace of nerd culture or can it still be difficult at times? A lot of people older than you sit around and talk about how it must be easier now but we seldom get the chance to ask. I sure hope it is though. You seem nice.

GothicBuffy

Slayer
In your experience is that easier as a young person now given the media’s recent embrace of nerd culture or can it still be difficult at times?

Hah, I definitely am. It's pretty accepted, I'd say, to be on the nerdy side of things as long as you don't make it your whole personality. That would be obnoxious for both myself and those around me. Even though I can get carried away with my love for a show at times, I don't let it consume me. and make sure I'm spending lots of time on my other hobbies and connecting with people outside of fandomy spaces. It's also super great to have other friends irl who are into the same show so I can talk in depth about it with them.
I've never been made fun of for liking this kind of stuff though. In my experience, most people are respectful of what everybody else has going on.

I sure hope it is though. You seem nice.

Thank you <3 so do you! How long have you been a Buffy fan?

TarasBoyfriend

Unwilling disciple of Eyghon
Sineya
I've never been made fun of for liking this kind of stuff though. In my experience, most people are respectful of what everybody else has going on.

That’s so great to hear.

Thank you <3 so do you! How long have you been a Buffy fan?

Since college in 2013, I believe. Not as long as some people here but I’ve loved it ever since I first saw it.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Three Questions

One is if you weren't living in Boston where would you want to live.
Two if you could change one thing about Buffy what would it be. Lets assume that you have enough money & or power to not be overruled .
If you were in Buffy what would be & who would you want to be ?

GothicBuffy

Slayer
Three Questions

One is if you weren't living in Boston where would you want to live.
Two if you could change one thing about Buffy what would it be. Lets assume that you have enough money & or power to not be overruled .
If you were in Buffy what would be & who would you want to be ?

1) Any other city with a coast. But if I couldn't live anywhere like that, there's this valley in the Southwest of Ireland that I love. I'd like to live there.

2) More explicit Fuffy romance arc in S3. A better written Dawn, or have her character leave the show at some point. A better season 7 in general (although the ending episode was great.) When Spike comes back on Angel I'd only have him stick around for a few episodes, then he'd go find Buffy, they'd get a great reunion scene, and we get to see them be in a happy relationship for a little while. I wanted more happy Spuffy scenes!

3) I'd be a slayer. I do admit that I have a bit of main character syndrome lol. That's such a Leo thing to say, I know. I don't think I'd be exactly like Buffy, although we do share a lot of similarities, because I relate to certain aspects of Faith's mentality. My struggle watching the show was always, do I want to be Faith, or do I want to date Faith? You know, to a certain extent. Not a huge fan of the murder thing she had going on. I think that on the Faith-Buffy spectrum, I'm 65 percent Buffy, 35 percent Faith. I'm more stable than Faith, a little more reckless than Buffy. I think I'd be a pretty funny slayer because I do my best to make things into a humorous situation.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Really liked whst you put down for number 2 .

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Favourite snack food?
Sweet or salted popcorn?
Do you like fudge? Have you ever made fudge? Is fudge even a thing in America? Other than fudge cake type of fudge?
fudge_93112_16x9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom