• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Grace

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This week it is @Grace we get to torture!

To start off, here's a few questions...

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you 'coming back' to the show?
3. What episode of Buffy or Angel would you guest star in if you could?
4. What does a day in the life of Grace typically look like?
5. If you could swap lives with another person for a day, who would it be?

The rest of you, you know what to do! Ask away! :)

Black Thorn
Hi, everybody! :)

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
I first discovered BB in Google searches. A thread or 12 would always come up when I searched about a question I had about the show/characters. I decided to sign up after @POTN said he was a member on Twitter. Then I mostly lurked until @dcai0830 joined BB and started posting a bunch of stuff I wanted to talk about, especially Buffy/Angel fanfic. :)

2. What is it about Buffy that has you 'coming back' to the show?
The characters. The fact that they pretty much all have great qualities and flaws makes them fascinating to talk about. Also, the bigger messages that both shows work to get across really resonate with me.

3. What episode of Buffy or Angel would you guest star in if you could?
Smile Time, so I could see Puppet Angel in person.

4. What does a day in the life of Grace typically look like?
I work from home, so it's a lot of video conferences. Also chasing after a toddler. She said her first swear word this weekend ("dod dammit!"), soooo now we're being extra careful about what we say. I'm just grateful it didn't happen in public! :oops:

5. If you could swap lives with another person for a day, who would it be?
An archivist working someplace like the Library of Congress or the Royal Archives. Someone like this.

Spanky
Spanky
First swear word! awesome. Get them hooked young. Next up: fuddit!

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
1. When is your You're Welcome fic coming out?
2. Is 'the toddler' your first child? What is it like being a mum?
3. What do you think Angel's ultimate fate will be?
4. Do you think there is a chance the comics will end with a Bangel reunion?
5. Do you ever sing in public?
6. What do people not give your enough credit for?
7. What do people give you too much credit for?

Mrs Gordo

(She's not even a vampire.) No, I'm an attorney.
Black Thorn
Then I mostly lurked until @dcai0830 joined BB and started posting a bunch of stuff I wanted to talk about, especially Buffy/Angel fanfic. :)
I didn’t know this! It makes me happy to hear especially since you are a valuable contributor to the boards (and the Wesley to my Gunn).

Her are my questions for you:

1. What is your favorite poem?
2. What is your all time favorite book?
3. Biggest fear?
4. Which of your fics is your favorite? The one which you share the closest connection.
5. Are you silently always correcting people’s grammar?
6. If you could sit down with one Buffy/Angel writer - both show and comics - which one would it be and what would you ask/tell them?

I’ll probably come back for more later. :)

Black Thorn
1. When is your You're Welcome fic coming out?
I started working on revisions to the last chapter yesterday. So hopefully soon! I have a lot of weird anxiety surrounding this one that I am working through!

2. Is 'the toddler' your first child? What is it like being a mum?
Yes, she's my first. Motherhood is easily the greatest thing I have ever done. The first six weeks were so hard (mostly because of postpartum anxiety), and there are always difficult moments, but I really enjoy it. She's talking a lot and even making up her own songs these days, which is such a joy.

3. What do you think Angel's ultimate fate will be?
Well, I *hope* he becomes human and gets to have a life with Buffy, but I doubt I'll ever see it in canon. I could easily see him sacrificing his life for someone else (or many someone elses).

4. Do you think there is a chance the comics will end with a Bangel reunion?
Nope. Not anymore.

5. Do you ever sing in public?
Sometimes! I have sung the national anthem at a hockey game (not very well, unfortunately, because I was so nervous). A charity that I support has a karaoke event (but with a live band!) every year and I usually sing at that. It's coming up this week, actually! Not sure what I'll sing. Last year, a friend and I did Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot."

6. What do people not give your enough credit for?
I think I'm funny. I don't think that opinion is widely shared. :)

7. What do people give you too much credit for?
Intelligence. I'm just smart enough to know how not-smart I am.

1. What is your favorite poem?
I don't really have one. But I once got extra credit in college for reciting the entirety of The Highwayman from memory. I would need to brush up on it to do that again. A (much shorter) poem that I can still recite from memory is Remember by Christina Rossetti.

2. What is your all time favorite book?
The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro

Car crashes / being responsible for hurting or killing another person.

4. Which of your fics is your favorite? The one which you share the closest connection.
Drift. It's one that most reflects how I feel about Buffy/Angel, I think.

5. Are you silently always correcting people’s grammar?
The editor in me notices mistakes, but I make enough of them myself that I don't judge. My biggest pet peeve with grammar is actually people who take the rules too seriously. :)

6. If you could sit down with one Buffy/Angel writer - both show and comics - which one would it be and what would you ask/tell them?
Probably Marti Noxon. I would like to know if she actually thinks Xander was right in Into the Woods, and what they were going for with Riley's reappearance in Season 6. I would also like to hear more about her thoughts on Season 7 (particularly in regards to some of the metaphors around Buffy/Spike and Giles). I would also thank her for I Only Have Eyes for You and ask about her experience with writing it.

WillowFromBuffy
WillowFromBuffy
Do you know the story of Christina's brother's (Dante Gabriel) poetry collection? If not, you should look it up. So funny :D

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
What was your favorite cartoon to watch growing up?
Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?
Do you like roller coasters?
What is your dream vacation?
Do you play an instrument?
If you could change one thing about BTVS season 1, what would it be?
What is you favorite and least favorite thing about the character Angel?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Would you like to have more kids?

What movie have you seen the most times?

What's a cause you're passionate about?

What's a Christmas tradition you have that's unique?

Black Thorn
What was your favorite cartoon to watch growing up?
Looney Tunes. The ones that are coming to mind right now in particular are the Daffy Duck "push-button home" one, the one where Bugs Bunny gives the monster a manicure ("monsters lead such interesting lives") and the one where Wile E. Coyote "super genius" explains why he chases the Road Runner.

Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?
Sweet.

Do you like roller coasters?
Yes. I grew up near an amusement park that often chased the world record for height, speed, etc., so it was a big thing for us. I haven't been on one in years, though.

What is your dream vacation?
London. I've been twice and can't wait to go back!

Do you play an instrument?
I used to play the piano and the flute. I would like to get back into the piano one of these days.

If you could change one thing about BTVS season 1, what would it be?
I would add Angel to Nightmares.

What is you favorite and least favorite thing about the character Angel?
My favorite thing about Angel is his commitment to the fight despite knowing he'll never win and that there is likely no big reward (even if he holds out hope sometimes). My least favorite thing is that he never seems to ask the right questions before committing to a course of action. :p

@WillowFromBuffy Thanks for the tip! I did know that story at one point but had totally forgotten it!

Puppet
Puppet
Just said the same thing about Angel in Nightmares in the Top 5 S1 thread :D
Black Thorn
Would you like to have more kids?
No, I think we're done. I know that's kind of an unusual choice, but it feels right for us.

What movie have you seen the most times?
Probably The Sound of Music.

What's a cause you're passionate about?
Media freedom. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it fake news.

What's a Christmas tradition you have that's unique?
My extended family always plays a very basic dice game at our big Christmas gathering, and the winner (usually a kid) goes home with a bunch of cash. In recent years, I have taken to watching the movie Sitting Pretty every year at Christmas time (after I caught it on a classic movie channel on Christmas Eve). It's not even a Christmas movie, but it's fun.

Fav BTS episode ever?
I Only Have Eyes for You. It's the episode that got me into the fandom.

If you could have a super power what would you choose?
The one I most frequently wish for is the ability to teleport. It would just make life so much easier!

Mashed potatoes

Do you have any pets?
No, though I hope to get a cat in a year or so.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
♥ I only have eyes for you!
Describe your best friend

Would you ever be on a reality show?

What would you say to Joss if you met him?

When was the last time you cried and why?

Mrs Gordo

(She's not even a vampire.) No, I'm an attorney.
Black Thorn
Oooh I have more! Which of these would you pick if you had to (feel free to tell us why):

- Gunn or Wesley
- Anya or Cordy
- BtVS s2 or AtS s2
- Ice Cream or Cake
- Winter or Summer

Black Thorn
Describe your best friend
First of all, she's too far away! We don't get to see each other very often. She is very good at reading people, has a risqué sense of humor but can seem very shy when you first meet her, has gorgeous blue eyes and is always recommending new products that she's tried. She's wonderful.

Would you ever be on a reality show?
The only reality show I would want to be on would never have had me. I love the Paul and Mary era Great British Bake Off, but I never would have gotten through the technical challenges. Also, I'm American. I think we had our own version but I never watched it. :)

What would you say to Joss if you met him?
I would tell him thanks for Buffy. And ask if there's any chance they could revive the animated series because I want it!

When was the last time you cried and why?
My last proper cry was when watching Not Fade Away a few weeks ago. I start getting misty-eyed when Spike does his reading, and by "Would you like me to lie to you now?" I'm a mess!

What other shows/movies do you like?
I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with the explosion in good TV. I like Gilmore Girls, Call the Midwife, Downton Abbey, the first season of Scandal, the first few seasons of Grey's Anatomy, House, Frasier, The X-Files, Sex and the City. I like a good Poirot or Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett version) every now and again. We'll probably watch The Blue Carbuncle at some point this weekend (the plot revolves around a Christmas goose).

When it comes to movies, I'll just name a few: Casablanca, The Big Lebowski, Clueless, Sabrina, Sense & Sensibility

What kind of music do you like?
My go-t0 music right now is generally Chvrches or La Roux. My last concert was Phoenix. I like dancey pop music in general, and I have a thing for female singer-songwriters: Ingrid Michaelson, A Fine Frenzy. I was really into Sarah McLachlan back in the day. The last album I listened to was Van Morrison's Veedon Fleece, which I adore. One of my all-time favorite songs is Moonlight Mile by The Rolling Stones.

Any favorite foods/desserts?
This time of year, I go for just about anything peppermint and chocolate. :)

Gunn. I like Wesley a lot, but I'm somewhat in love with Gunn. He's funny and smart and cool. I would like a show about Gunn, or at least for him to return to the comics.

That's a hard choice. I like both of them very much at times and not much at all at others. If I absolutely had to pick, I would choose Cordelia. Especially AtS mid-Season 1 through most of Season 2 Cordelia.

BtVS S2 is obviously better because AtS S2 doesn't have Buffy in it. :) Honestly, there is no other season of either show that involves me as emotionally as Season 2 of BtVS, so I would take it over any/all of them.

Ice cream. It's more consistently good. With cake, sometimes the frosting is too sweet or the cake is too dry, etc.

In my area, winter, for sure. I love sweaters and blankets and being cozy. Our winters are generally pretty mild compared with where I grew up. But summers here are very hot and humid.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange.
What are your favorite Downton Abbey characters?
Anything you would change in the show?
If they made a sequel to The Big Lebowski, would you want a role? If so, what would the character be?
What's your favorite A Fine Frenzy song? Have you seen act in anything? If so, what did you think?
What's your favorite Van Morrison songs?

Who’s your favorite author?

Do you have other ships besides bangel?

What’s your favorite trope?

What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Do you have a favorite christmas movie?

What’s your all-time favorite fanfic?

Black Thorn
What are your favorite Downton Abbey characters?
Lady Sybil, Mrs. Hughes, Carson, Mrs. Crawley and of course the Dowager Countess

Anything you would change in the show?
I would not kill so many major characters! :)

If they made a sequel to The Big Lebowski, would you want a role? If so, what would the character be?
No sequel! Why mess with perfection? ;)

What's your favorite A Fine Frenzy song? Have you seen act in anything? If so, what did you think?
My favorite is probably Electric Twist:

I have not seen her act in anything! Have you?

What's your favorite Van Morrison songs?
I really love Fair Play:

Who’s your favorite author?
Kazuo Ishiguro. I also love Agatha Christie, Jane Austen, Edith Wharton, E.M. Forster and Ian McEwan, among many others.

Do you have other ships besides bangel?
Not really! No other couple has inspired me to the degree that Buffy and Angel have. When I was younger, I was into Mulder/Scully for awhile, but not to the same degree. I always wanted Luke and Lorelai to get together on Gilmore Girls, but I have never really been part of that fandom. While reading Hunger Games, I was into Katniss/Peeta, and while hate-reading Twilight, I was always Team Jacob. I loathe Edward. :)

What’s your favorite trope?
Well, the star-crossed lovers thing obviously does something for me! :) I like the way that Buffy and Angel transcend that, though, and show that they *can* live without each other if they have to. I also can keep hoping that the stars will get uncrossed someday!

What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage?
I'll let Eliza Doolittle take this one:

Do you have a favorite christmas movie?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I love everything about it.

What’s your all-time favorite fanfic?
If I had to pick just one, I'd say @Kairos' Ten Observations on Being in Love With a Human. I also love almost everything Yahtzee wrote. I haven't read much fic outside of the Buffyverse (and Buffy/Angel in particular), but I did read The Least of All Possible Mistakes, which is a novel-length Sherlock fic. (I've only seen a few episodes of Sherlock, but I am a huge Sherlock Holmes fan in general.) It's a romance between Mycroft Holmes and a female Lestrade and it is so good.

Mylie
Mylie
That was the first Bangel fanfic that I loved (and only one for a long time!) Here I was, hoping you’d make me discover a new one! ;)
Kairos
Kairos
Are you ever going to stop feeding my ego like this?
Do you love Humphrey Bogart?

Do you read any other comics than Buffy/Angel?

How did you get into the comics?

Do you own a gun?

Would you rather have everything you touch stick to you or have everything you touch disappear?
- Excluding practical stuff like the floor and air.