• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Last Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priceless

Scooby
Do you have a favourite model of car?

Are you a gear head?

If you could live at any other time in history, when would you live?

If you were throwing a dinner party and could invite anyone, who would you invite? (living or dead)

vznspike

Potential
Black Thorn
If you were a demigod, who would your godly parent be? (any mythology)

If you could be in any Whedonverse show which would you pick, and who would your best friend, lover and enemy be?

Riley or no Riley?

cookies or brownies?

Barrys or Lyons?

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I have two 'questions .

Do you like Warhammer 40.000. And if so what do you like /hate the most from it.

If you were a Watcher would you be more like Giles or Wesely & why .

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
@Priceless
Do you have a favourite model of car?
I'm a bit of a Renault fan....I used to drive a Renault 25, it was a big comfortable armchair on wheels for commuting to work. Alas they don't make them any more & second hand ones are rare as rocking-horse droppings. So now I drive a Renault Laguna.
As for favourite car I've never owned....probably the early model Jaguar XF :)

Are you a gear head?
'Fraid so. I was originally trained as an Aircraft mechanic, so I used to do all my own car maintenance (Before they all became supercomputers on wheels).
Also I used to act as the mechanic for a friend who raced motorbikes.

If you could live at any other time in history, when would you live?
Probably either Roman times if limited to the Uk, or Ancient Egypt if I could pick a place as well. Would love to know what it was really like & how things really looked.

If you were throwing a dinner party and could invite anyone, who would you invite? (living or dead).
Well, apart from Eliza (Yes I'm predictable),
Prof. Brian Cox (He can make Quantum Physics interesting),
Douglas Adams (We could all do with a laugh right now),
Ming Na Wen (I want to know her secret on how she still looks so good at her age....and with kids too!),
William Shakespeare (To see if he really did write all that stuff & see if he wrote any other stuff we don't know about ;) ),
Rameses II (One of the longest living Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs - If anyone can tell me what it was really like, it's him!),
Boadicea/Boudicca (Ditto for what Roman Briton was really like.....and to keep the guys in check :D )
That's all I can think of for now.....

@vznspike
If you were a demigod, who would your godly parent be? (any mythology)
Bacchus.... Think that says it all ;)

If you could be in any Whedonverse show which would you pick, and who would your best friend, lover and enemy be?
Think most folk know what my answer would be here.....
Show - Buffy. Best friend - Buffy. Lover - Faith. Enemy - Kissing Toast (If I could get to him first maybe she wouldn't be so messed up! :p )
Also....Not exactly an enemy, but I would make damn sure Finch never set foot in that alley!!!

Riley or no Riley?
As I have a thing about Human/Vampire ships, Riley is about the only pairing with Buffy I cared for.....That being said, the writing for him was abysmal.
Not sure if the Captain Cardboard persona was due to the Actor or just lack of material to work with....?
Bottom line......probably not :D

cookies or brownies?
Probably cookies (lot more variety) :p

Barrys or Lyons?
I have no idea what these are....... :oops:

@nightshade
And what would you get your wife to cook them?
:D True, I would take no part. (Wouldn't want to kill all those great minds). Probably one of her wicked Currys :p

Furthest you've driven?

In one journey.....Probably from Petersfield to North Yorkshire. (Think that's further than Lands End from here).

Favourite country you've visited?
Got to be The Netherlands. Love the Dutch people. Everyone & everything is just so laid back it's great......

@ChaseRules
Do you like Warhammer 40.000. And if so what do you like /hate the most from it.
Yeah. I've collected & painted the figures since the days when they were called 'Ral Partha' (1970's)
Like to paint the figures...never really been into the gaming side of it though.

If you were a Watcher would you be more like Giles or Wesely & why .
:D Definitely Giles. Dodgy past, like to do things my way & sod the rules. Dry sense of humour...….Anyway, Wesley was a useless mass of clotted air as a Watcher ;)

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
You been into it for a long long time it seems like .

Priceless

Scooby
Can you fly a plane?

Did you want to learn to fly (if you can't)?

When was the last time you were really drunk?

How are you coping with covid-19?

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
@Priceless
Can you fly a plane?
Not legally ;)
The company I worked for had a load of aircraft simulators for Pilot training. When I was still in Engineering I managed to blag a go on the Boeing 707. (Show's you how long ago that was :D ). Did fine apart from landing on a taxiway instead of the Runway at Heathrow...… :oops:
Tried for ages to get a go on the Concorde Sim, but you really had to know the right people to get a go on that one (Was really expsive to run apparently).

Did you want to learn to fly (if you can't)?
Not really a fan of flying.....I prefer 4-wheels :)

When was the last time you were really drunk?
Last New Years Eve.......Yeah, I overdid it a bit 🍺🍻🍺

How are you coping with covid-19?
Well, apart from the not being able to go anywhere, it's not really effected me much at all. The Missus has been furloughed so she's at home all day too now.....
The Virus itself hasn't hit anyone I know as yet & I'm hoping it stays that way......

@Athene
Do you have a best friend?
This is going to sound sappy but I would have to say my better half......We've been together many years now & God knows how she's put up with me this long......

@vznspike
Tea brands! you're English surely you drink tea? xD
Well technically I'm a Scot......But although I've heard of Lyons Tea, I've never come across Barry's :oops:
Oh, and I can't stand tea..... I only drink Coffee :p :D

Priceless

Scooby
Ice cream or trifle?

Bourbons or custard creams?

Celtic or Rangers?

BBC or Sky?

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
@Athene
Are you left handed or right handed?
Very much a leftie :) (Which caused me no end of problems during my Schooldays!) :confused:

@Priceless
Ice cream or trifle?
Love me some Ice Cream...… 🍨

Bourbons or custard creams?
Hmmmmm. Tough one. Probably Bourbons :p

Celtic or Rangers?
ABERDEEN!!!!!!

BBC or Sky?
Should really big up the good old Beeb, but Sky has had a lot of good programs over the years......Tough one.
Beeb - Quality
Sky - Quantity
Sky just nabs it........

Now I want Ice Cream.........

Bop
Bop
Yeah I've heard that people used to be forced to be right handed I'm left handed too :)

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
@HowiMetdaSlayer
Ice cream or gelato?
Don't tend to get Gelato over here that much.....So Ice Cream 🍢🍡🍧🍨🍦

Favorite ice cream/gelato flavors?

I've tried quite a few, even Garlic flavoured, but I think Salted Caramel with caramel chunks is the best!!!! :p

Favorite cookies?
That's a tough one, there are so many to choose from. Some kind of Choc chip probably.....

@Nix
What is your most fav picture of Eliza?
Yikes....how could I choose? There are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many beautiful ones out there (You should know as you've used a lot of them in your banners ;) )
The one I use for my Icon is one of my faves.
Some of the promo shots for Dollhouse were stunning
@HowiMetdaSlayer sent me a collection of really good ones for my Birthday last year...….Gah! how can I pick just one.....? :oops:
May have to go check my collection again......just to check of course...… ;)

Mr Trick

Scooby
What do you think is the greatest invention ever?

If Heaven exists what would you like God to say to you when you arrive? (and yes I've nicked that one from the late James Lipton!)

If you could visit another planet which one?

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
@Mr Trick
What do you think is the greatest invention ever?
What, other than sliced bread?
One of the greatest has got to be 'Written language' it enabled man to pass on things he had learned to future generations without the need to trust peoples memories.
But probably the computer....we rely on them to do just about everything these days.....

If Heaven exists what would you like God to say to you when you arrive? (and yes I've nicked that one from the late James Lipton!)
"Wow! You took your time getting here.....!" :D

Another one with a breathable atmosphere would be preferable...… :)
But, as I truly believe Mars was once a hospitable world like ours (& possibly inhabited) I would love to go there to see for myself...…..
Also (technically not a planet, but a moon) I would love to stand on Titan & look at Saturn's rings up close.....

Utterly useless fact: If you travelled to the outer planets you could truly say "I've seen Uranus moon Cordelia!"
(Yes, one of Uranus' 27+ moons is called Cordelia)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Have you seen The Martian? If so what did you think? Was it realistic? How do you think you'd fare in the same circumstances?
If you could name a planet, what would it be called?

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Another one with a breathable atmosphere would be preferable...… :)
But, as I truly believe Mars was once a hospitable world like ours (& possibly inhabited) I would love to go there to see for myself...…..
Also (technically not a planet, but a moon) I would love to stand on Titan & look at Saturn's rings up close.....

Utterly useless fact: If you travelled to the outer planets you could truly say "I've seen Uranus moon Cordelia!"
(Yes, one of Uranus' 27+ moons is called Cordelia)
Well that a Buffy trivia question I betting nobody knew . Thanks LW. Bet that something nobody else can say in Buffy ie having a
moon named after them :p

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Not a person as such, but one of the Moons of Saturn is called Hyperion :)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom