• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Meliza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This week, we have @Meliza in the hot seat! Here are few opening questions:

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

Everyone please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week :)

Hi! this should be fun was not expecting this notification at all, yay fun.

1. I think maybe I was searching Buffy podcasts, because I am super into podcasts? I love the design, the board is very user friendly, so many forums to navigate you really do not get bored and the other members always think of cool stuff to converse about.

2. Simple answer here, I find something new in it depending on where I am and what is happening in my life, its not merely nostalgia with Buffy and that is no small feat for a TV show. I think "Can I possibly enjoy this episode in a different way" and yup always can.

3. I can't be a Cassandra who shows up to warn people can I?..they would not believe me necessarily anyways and the fans would talk about me like "Hey, remember that random girl who showed to disappear forever after warning Buffy? where were they going with that? talk about a dropped plot thread" I'd cringe whenever this was brought up lol I would appear in S6, working at the double meat palace as a friend to Buffy, inadvertently letting her know that she is not alone in dealing with depression, maybe it would change her life or it might not but a good hug from someone goes a long way whether a situation changes or not. Also randomly karate chopping Spike on the balcony and disappearing into the crowd might be a great goof but it doesn't exactly fit the narrative they were going for.

4. Don't know how much detail goes into this one. I related a lot to S6 when I returned home from school a few years ago, funnily enough I maintained ambivalence towards Angel all along and it was the one that really ended up getting through to me, these days I hardly make a distinction between them. Day to day I am very boring but at least completely roused now and working hard again.

5. Madonna, because I have been listening to her and why not.

Last edited:
What are some of your favourite podcasts?

Do you have a favourite character on the show?

If Buffy came to you during Becoming to ask for advice, what would you tell her?

Do you have any pets?

1. Suddenly forget every podcast you've heard of course. No favorites but I recommend X files files podcast, Indoor kids, Pete Holmes, TVGuidanceCounselor, Risk!, Savagelovecast and SewersOfParis

2. No one in particular, unless the real answer is always Buffy. Second place would be Dawn, she is basically Buffy right.

3. I use to maintain I disliked cats, I do not prefer cats or dogs, unless somebody else wants them I'm fine with it but I'll probably never own pets of my own, which does not necessarily mean I'm not "nice", irresponsible pet ownership is a real problem especially with dogs and I don't believe in treating animals like things to be collected and ignored.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
1. Who wears the Angel-coat better? Angel or Cordy?
2. Do you ever sing in public?
3. When was the last time you lost your temper?
4. What is your favourite song?
5. You see a suitcase on the pavement. A witch tells you it contains a million dollars, but if you take it, an old man in China will fall off his bike and die. Do you pick it up?

Yes! I remember seeing him years ago on Comedycentral, he did batman stuff on youtube very funny, I saw one episode of Crashing, is it just ok or do I need to give it a chance ?
Oh give it a chance. If you like Pete Holmes, you will love this show. I'd never heard of him before, but this show just cracked me up.

1. There was a debate about this on Sunnydale group podcast if anyone looks good in a shin length overcoat and I think Angel/David is rare person and man who pulls it off. I go as far to say better then Mulder & Scully, he doesn't look like its drowning him.

2. No, I would on a bet, karaoke is not my thing but I could see myself doing it to help out somebody who needed it lol

3. Too personal to volunteer a specific example but people say I'm mellow, which is different from being agreeableness.

4. Top of my head, lets go with Tegan and Sara "Not Tonight"

5. I want to say yes because its hypothetical but its so no

Last edited:

Mrs Gordo

And then she comes along...
Black Thorn
1. If you could kill any character off in BTVS or Angel who would it be and why?
2. If Faith had a pet what kind of pet would it be and what would she name it?
3. What is your hair color?
4. If you HAD to chose what would you be Vampire with Soul, Slayer or Witch?

1. Most of these characters did die multiple times though! I don't want anyone I like to die, lets say Drusilla so she can be at peace.

2. Faith would think she was a independent cat person, "Aren't these things suppose to take of themselves? / I won't be home any ways" then she would pet it on her lap at night, later rehome it having never grown emotionally attached. Years later having grown into her own, dealt with her issues and become ok with being who she truly is, she would get big dog bond and be completely devoted, a active person hiking, walking, frisbee in the park etc, name from childhood television show, possibly happy television family.

3. Long black and curly

4. There is only one true slayer and we know who and slayer was not portrayed as a happy thing to be, its immature to think superpowers. Witch is human but there are also lots of them so not unique and not so powerful Buffy ever needed to fight them off, which is not to say their not powerful or that you should even want to be powerful or that cant do a lot of damage in their sphere binding things their way and cursing people or being a butt like Tuckers little brother, so I say vampire with a soul who never had a chance to kill before hand. Fight for justice, live forever, romantic line to give people "I'm a vampire with a soul! does it make you horny.." lol or not

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Do you enjoy being outside?

What episode of Buffy always makes you cry? (If any)

Do you read for fun often?

How long does a relationship have to go before an ultimatum?

1. Never done it. Just kidding, I'm sure if I ever did, I would like outdoor activities just fine, I tried horseback raiding and enjoyed it, my lifestyle is not currently outdoor active, so no sports, swimming, surfing, running, bike riding etc just regular walking to the bus stop

2. All the episodes with emotional beats make me cry at different times because it is great acting on the show. The end of Forever was the last one to wring actual tears from me, I think a year ago maybe.

3. Not often but I am interested in reading a list of books, I want to get something from it, be it information or knowledge. I watch movies for entertainment.

4. You don't need ultimatums , the best policy is to face your fears sooner rather then later, run towards to rejection because any body who would reject you on your non negotiables or your values isn't somebody you should be with or want to be with. Get them out on the table as soon as possible. Riley could have talked about his feelings far sooner but he was afraid of losing Buffy yet his fears came true regardless, He was wrong to give her so little time to process her feelings.

Do you have a personal philosophy, or words to live by?

Do you read or write fanfic?

If Buffy came to you during Becoming to ask for advice, what would you tell her?

What are your biggest fears?

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
What’s your favorite sweet treat to eat?

Do you like going to the movie theater to see films?

Would you rather hike up a mountain or swim in the ocean?

1. You don't have a good choice but you always have a choice, strong is fighting, the hardest thing in this world is to live in it.

2. No I don't have the attention span, I only read fiction related to a real life interest or goal, I watch TV for entertainment. I like seeing what other people are reading, notice they are unread though ;( ha

3. I'd feel obligated to tell her "Stall for time, Willow is awake and working on the restoration spell" there is no good advice is there

4. I fear being a disappointment and chronic self sabotager

5. Chocolate no competition and raw cookie dough

6. Yes. I want to go to a real local theater and a see film instead of the Cineplex

7. I can't swim, I would like hiking in the mountain, safer, funner w socializing and I live in Vancouver hiking capital of north america.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun question, how about the 19th century, time machine first go to European intellectual salons (nascent feminism, women played key role) meet literary figures and poets, then 1920s Berlin which apparently was wild indulgent hedonist hub of intellectual and night life (Bright young thing, Evlyn Waugh) before emerging backlash. Then go to the post war youth culture, swing and racial integration, I think I could understand history better by osmosis from witnessing the pre civil rights generation as young people, then 1980s New York City, art scene, club culture, LGBT ball scene, etc

I read Stacy Schiff's Cleopatra, she outwitted one brother for the throne, married the other half brother as was Egyptian custom (had him killed) was a military and political strategist as anyone, won many battles, skilled in geometry, astronomy, rhetoric, poetry, philosophy and beguiled Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony with her intellect because she was actually not beautiful and had a strong nose , over time "Most beautiful women in the world" was a very intentional sexist perpetuation by the Romans to reduce her stature. Egypt was matriarchy in comparison to Rome, the book really sunk in how much our world is inherited Roman legacy, if Cleopatra and Anthony had won history would be so different.

And the fact the status of women wouldn't reach comparable levels in western society until after ww1 goes to show history does not progress in a straight line. The Alexandrian philosophy and science Hypatia and Cleopatra was practiced like a religion as they didn't consider them separate disciplines and that is fascinating don't you think in our age science and religion are dichotomies, I see value in bringing back holistic approach to all three, as a spiritual atheist, I just like paganism.

Last edited:

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange.
Sorry I missed this! :oops:
What other shows and movies do you like?
Any favorite foods and desserts?
Any dream vacation destinations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom