• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Mylie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This week we are interrogating @Mylie !

Here's a few questions to get things started:

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What was it about Buffy that made you fall in love with the show?
3. Who is your favorite Whedonverse character?
4. Coffee or tea?
5. What movie do you watch when you're sick?

Everyone please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week! :)

What advice would you give Buffy just before she starts at Sunnydale High?

What was your favourite subject at school and why?

Would you make a good spy?

Do you think Xander should have gone through with his wedding to Anya?

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
What is the greatest Dawn moment?

What do you believe Angel and Dawn's relationship was like in the altered timeline?

What is the greatest piece of French literature that the rest of the world may not know about?

Yes, fun!!

Ok so

This week we are interrogating @Mylie !

Here's a few questions to get things started:

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
I was looking for reviews of btvs/ats episodes and eventually ended up finding the forum that way. I spent the entire night reading posts on the forum when I found it and went to bed at 4 am, I had to wake up at 7. I hated myself lol

2. What was it about Buffy that made you fall in love with the show?
The characters! And the mix of action, comedy, romance. It had the full package!

3. Who is your favorite Whedonverse character?
Buffy!!! She's been my favorite fictional character for the last 20 years.

4. Coffee or tea?
Definitely coffee! I adore it in all its forms.

5. What movie do you watch when you're sick?
Singin' In the Rain! I know it by heart at this point.

What advice would you give Buffy just before she starts at Sunnydale High?
Trust your instincts and you'll do well.

I don't really have much to tell her, I think she handled things well overall.

What was your favourite subject at school and why?
Literature, because I love reading and trying to find the meaning in things.

Would you make a good spy?
I don't think I would. I'm too expressive, I would react to every single thing and my presence would end up being known.

Do you think Xander should have gone through with his wedding to Anya?
No, I really dislike that this had to happen, but if he had reservations, he made the good decision not to get married.[/QUOTE]

I will continue this after work!!

Last edited:
Black Thorn
How do you get ideas for the gifsets that you make?
Would you be willing to share a link to your favorite one?
If you could change one thing about the Buffyverse, what would it be?

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Last song you listened to?

Last Buffy/Angel episode you watched?

If you had to rename Angel/Angelus what name(s) would you pick?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange.
What's your favorite breakfast foods?
Any favorite sports to play or watch?
What shows and movies do you like?

Mrs Gordo

(She's not even a vampire.) No, I'm an attorney.
Black Thorn
"oh boy" @Mylie is like my favorite I have to ask you good questions!

What is your Buffyverse origin story, when did you start watching and how did you know you were a fan?

If you could switch places with any of the characters on the show who would it be?

What is your all time favorite Buffyverse (so BTVS or ATS) moment?

If Angel stayed human in IWRY what would his chosen profession be?

What is your favourite book?
Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I never get tired of it.

What do you do to relax?
I watch tv shows. It usually makes me feel less stressed.

What is your morning routine?
I set my first alarm at 6h45 (and get up around 7h20 if I'm not too tired), take a shower, get dressed and then leave for work at 7h50. I stop at a coffee shop to get some coffee and a croissant and arrive on time for work at 9.

What is the greatest Dawn moment?
You're not special, you're extraordinary. Ok it's not her saying it but I'm a complete mess every time I watch that scene.

If we're talking a scene where she's the greatest, then her fighting in Grave. It just makes me proud.

What do you believe Angel and Dawn's relationship was like in the altered timeline?
I think it consisted of Angel being extremely silent and awkward around Dawn and her being very much intimidated by him, looking at him with big eyes. Then she'd spy on Buffy and him, see how he tries to make Buffy see her side of things when Buffy vents to him and then decide that she can trust him. They'd develop a very comfortable dynamic where she'd tease him and he'd be okay with it.

This is very much my own headcanon and I probably care too much about this potential dynamic, but I'm sure it would have been adorable and I stand by it!

What is the greatest piece of French literature that the rest of the world may not know about?
Keep in mind that I'm not as into french literature (from France) as much as I am with english literature or even Quebec's french literature. Most of what I've read from France are classics and I'm not sure how known they are for the rest of the world. But I'd say my favorite maybe unknown piece of french literature that the rest of the world may not know about is Ionesco's Rhinoceros? Do people know about it? Anyways, I adore le théâtre de l'absurde and that's it's one of my favorite plays.

If I'm allowed to pick a french work that isn't from France then I pick Anne Hébert's Kamouraska. It's from Québec and so poetic, I love it.

F
flow
"Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I never get tired of it."
That`s my all-time favorite too. I must have read it at least twenty times over.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
What are Angel and Buffy doing right now if they followed your ideal storyline?

What's something you would recommend doing if I visited France that won't appear on the tour guide?

Which BTVS or Angel death was the saddest?

What is something you want to do in the next year you have never done before?

How do you get ideas for the gifsets that you make?
When I watch episodes or specific scenes and it reminds me of another moment on the show, I write it down. I also often think about what my favorite moments or favorite things about the show or the characters are and I go from there.

Would you be willing to share a link to your favorite one?
I have a few favorites for different reasons. 2 of my favorite gifset ideas unfortunately have low quality because I was just starting back then.

I think this one's my favorite :

https://did%3Dda39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709%3Bid%3D162282851980%3Bkey%3D3z-mv5iXoEunhqSwDJp0CQ%3Bname%3Dbuffy-angel-and-co
It's not the best quality or anything (I've changed my way of making gifs since then) but I was so excited when I got the idea and it was fun to make. Another one that was fun to make was the one @Carrie Hopewell once posted in the What made you LOL today? thread (the one about Bangel in Helpless). It's so ridiculous and I was laughing the whole time I was making it and it's not the best thing ever but I'm glad it's out there and I'm not the only one seeing it now lol

If you could change one thing about the Buffyverse, what would it be?
Ummm, that's a bit hard to pick because even though it's my favorite show, I'd change a lot about it. Most of those things unfortunately involve season 7. I'd make Buffy less cold and more likeable in her last season of the show. The General thing didn't work for me. I think the reason why the scoobies dynamic worked so well and why Buffy was such a different slayer was because they were a team. Buffy has always been the leader, but I never felt like she was giving orders. So the scoobies dynamic stopped working for me.

Last song you listened to?
Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey

Last Buffy/Angel episode you watched?
I Will Remember You, for the Bangel week. I'm planning on watching more soon, but I've been so busy lately.

If you had to rename Angel/Angelus what name(s) would you pick?
ohhhhh interesting!

Someone help me, I can't answer this!!! I've been thinking about this for half an hour and every single name I think of makes me laugh and doesn't suit the character at all. Angel really is perfect for him! I blame my blank on that freaking gifset lol

But if anyone has an interesting/good answer to this, please share it!!!!!

What's your favorite breakfast foods?
Pancakes (but more like crepes) with maple syrup.

Any favorite sports to play or watch?
I love watching Hockey but not playing it. I love playing basketball though.

What shows and movies do you like?
SO MANY!!!

Just a sample of each...

Shows : BtVS/AtS (obviously...), Community, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones, The Bold Type, Parks and Recreation

Movies : Singin' In the Rain, Catch Me If You Can, Little Miss Sunshine, Now and Then, Meet Me in St.Louis, It's A Wonderful Life, Now and Then

What do you like most about Spike ?

flow
You got me!! :) He has great one-liners and works very well as an antagonist.

"oh boy" @Mylie is like my favorite I have to ask you good questions!
First, <3 !!!!!!

Ok now the questions...

What is your Buffyverse origin story, when did you start watching and how did you know you were a fan?
Ok so I started watching when I was 11 so that means in 1999. I watched the show on a french channel and I think season 1 was airing in french while season 2 was normally airing. So I was 1 season behind because of the dubbing. I was watching pretty much all of the The WB shows that were dubbed back then and I watched pretty casually until season 2, when I became a big fan. The moment I realized how much of a fan I was happened when Buffy killed Angel in Becoming p2. That's the most memorable memory I have of watching the show when I was young. I cried so much and I think that's when I realized I cared? And I think it's also the first time I ever felt that much for fictional characters. Anyway, after that, you can understand how it was now impossible to just wait for the dubbed versions. So I ended up watching season 3 (in english) during the summer because I absolutely needed to know what was going to happen. I'm pretty sure I didn't understand everything back then, but I still got to watch it in french after. I started collecting Buffy items and I was very obsessed with the show until it ended. Then it took me years to get back into my obsession but here I am now. :)

If you could switch places with any of the characters on the show who would it be?
If I'm being honest, probably none of them. I feel like I'm Dawn, but she's got it much worse than me. And I would love to be like Buffy, but I wouldn't like to have her life, so... okay maybe Giles? I do want to be a librarian after all.... lol

What is your all time favorite Buffyverse (so BTVS or ATS) moment?
The Class Protector scene from The Prom!!! It's so beautiful and means so much to me that Buffy gets to have that one perfect HS moment + the cherry on top that is Angel showing up, because Angel showing up is A+ in my book (Exhibit A : Forever which I'd probably rank as my 2nd favorite buffyverse scene). Another one that I adore and feel like I need to mention is of course Angel's epiphany. But my favorite part of it is actually not the part that everyone seems to love, it's this gem : " I wanna help because - I don't think people should suffer, as they do. Because, if there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness - is the greatest thing in the world." Ok, I'll stop here because if I list more (which I could easily do), then all time favorite becomes meaningful lol.

If Angel stayed human in IWRY what would his chosen profession be?
Parts of me thinks he would have been a good archivist (but like the old notion of it). He certainly loves old books and documents, working alone, etc. He also seems very organized and the opposite of messy so that'd work well for him. At the same time, I think that while he does love being alone, he'd still feel like he needs to make a difference. I actually think he would have made a good watcher, but since there's only Buffy and Faith at that point, then I don't know... But maybe he could have been the research guy who knows about demons and stuff and then Giles could have left to live his life like he wanted to. :)

Thanks everyone for those fun questions!!!! It's helped me relax from the crazy day I had.

I just keep adding answers to this very long post but can't edit it. Just wanted to say that I meant *meaningless instead of meaningful in the favorite moment answer!

What are Angel and Buffy doing right now if they followed your ideal storyline?
Oh good question! I'm always torn when it comes to this, it's like I want everything but those things don't go together lol.

For now, I'll go with both of them fighting on their own, Buffy discovering her sexuality (for real this time, she's bisexual ok) and more crossovers. Basically, I don't need an happy ending, I just want more of them interacting together and still having that deep connection that I love so much.

What's something you would recommend doing if I visited France that won't appear on the tour guide?
I unfortunately can't answer you because I've never been to France myself. :(

I'm from Québec (Canada)!!! So I speak french but I'm not from France.

Which BTVS or Angel death was the saddest?
I can't pick between Buffy (5x22) and Angel (2x22). I know it's a bit ridiculous to pick death scenes that aren't final but those are the ones who made me feel the most, which isn't really that surprising since they're my favorite characters. If we're talking about a final death then Cordelia. It's crazy how I didn't really appreciate the character in s3 and 4 and then they bring her back for this one episode and all my love comes rushing back and before I know it, she's gone. It's very effective. :(

What is something you want to do in the next year you have never done before?
Travel to Europe!! I have so many friends who live there and it's a bit ridiculous that I've never been yet.

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Angel would make a wonderful watcher! I agree. :)
Puppet
Puppet
I don't see Now & Then on there twice, nosiree! (it should be there more than once!)
Grace
Grace
Aww, I love those gifs!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
♥ maple syrup!
Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
Oops lol you talk about French I just assumed you lived in France. Great answer about Buffy and Angel.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!

How is Québec different from the rest of Canada.

How strong is the cultural link between Québec and France?

Why do people tend to forget about "French" Candada?

I went to see Cirque de Solei a couple weeks back. What do you think of them? Are they like your most famous cultural export?

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
What's the last movie you saw in theaters?

Where is your dream vacation location?

What was the first CD you ever bought?

1. Do you have a favourite genre of film?

2. Do you have a special talent?

3. If you could borrow one Buffyverse character's wardrobe which one?

4. Do you have a favourite painter?

How is Québec different from the rest of Canada.
There's a couple of things. Obviously the french language (and the culture attached to it) is a big part of it but we also have CEGEPs (that's between high school and university) and that doesn't exist in the rest of Canada.

How strong is the cultural link between Québec and France?
Strong. I'd even say it's stronger to the one between Québec and the rest of Canada. Though that tends to change depending on what federal government is in place. This might be just from my personal experience, but Quebecers's values (in general) are closer to European values than North american ones. And this is probably from living in Montreal, but I meet french people every single day. A lot of them are now living in Quebec, mostly Montreal.

Lastly, on a certain level, Quebecers have an inferiority complex when it comes to France's french. It's always regarded as the «real» french (which... bullshit!) and so we're often embarrassed of the way we speak. Until a couple of years ago, we didn't even have our own dictionary and we had to use ones that were made for the french, when it didn't really represent our reality (not the same references or even the same words at times), some of our words that are considered standard here were marked as familiar in it. I think it contributed to the inferiority complex.

Why do people tend to forget about "French" Canada?
Because we're a minority and nobody cares about Canada! (kidding...)

I went to see Cirque de Solei a couple weeks back. What do you think of them? Are they like your most famous cultural export?
I've only seen 1 show so I don't have that much of an opinion but it's very impressive and we're kind of proud of it. But no, our most favorite cultural import is CÉLINE DION!!! :)

And how did you like the show? Was it what you were expecting?

What's the last movie you saw in theaters?
Dunkirk!

Where is your dream vacation location?
England... I've always wanted to visit it.

What was the first CD you ever bought?
First CD I ever bought (with my own money) was Green Day's American Idiot.

1. Do you have a favourite genre of film?
Musicals! They usually make me feel better and that's how I like my entertainment.

2. Do you have a special talent?
Not really, nothing that comes to mind. Depressing, isn't it? :(

3. If you could borrow one Buffyverse character's wardrobe which one?
Cordelia on BtVS has the nicest wardrobe but I'm not sure I'd wear it.

4. Do you have a favourite painter?
Not really, I'm not into visual arts in general.

Last edited:

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I have two questions .

First what do you think of Dawn & what if anything would you change.
Second if you could pick one person to date or be their best friend then who would you pick.

I have two questions .

First what do you think of Dawn & what if anything would you change.
I adore Dawn and feel very protective of her. I think she really just wants to feel part of something and I love how she becomes this beautiful, mature and brave character. And I think she's very relatable. I don't understand the 2nd part of your question.

Second if you could pick one person to date or be their best friend then who would you pick.
From the buffyverse? I'd want to date Buffy and be best friends with Angel, though I don't know how that would work lol

Status
Not open for further replies.