• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

Bella
Staff member
Black Thorn
*muffled screaming*
*Dragging sounds*

The light turns on...
@Priceless has been tied to the hot seat this week. To start us off...

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What was it about Buffy that made you fall in love with the show?
3. Who is your favorite Whedonverse character?
4. Coffee or tea?
5. What movie do you watch when you're sick?

Everyone please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week! :)

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
1. What Spuffy scene gives you the most feels?

2. Do you support a soccer, sorry, football team? If so, who?

3. What are the best and worst things about Britain?

4. Early riser or night owl?

Sineya
1. Left or right handed?
2. Are you a Mulder or a Scully when it comes to 'Do Aliens exist & are they watching us?'
3. Favourite sing-along song?
4. Dream Job?
5. If you could go back in time & give one BtVS character one piece of advice, who would you choose & what advice would you give?
6. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
7. Favourite Ice Cream flavour?
8. Dream Holiday destination?
9. What is your go-to episode when you just want to chill out & watch some Buffy?
10. Favourite cartoon character?

:)

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
I was on Twitter, following a few Buffy related people, and I noticed the BB tweets and I thought they were fun and informative and they mentioned this forum, so I came over to lurk for a while.

2. What was it about Buffy that made you fall in love with the show?
The first thing was the humour, it was so funny and made me laugh. Then I just sort of fell for the characters, especially Buffy. I think by The Witch I was hooked.

3. Who is your favorite Whedonverse character?
Buffy, closely followed by Spike. I admire Buffy so much, she's a real girl with a real life and she also has to go out and save the world on a regular basis. All I can say is thank TPTB she has Spike to help her, or get in her way, whatever, he's still fun to have around :D

4. Coffee or tea?
Coffee, black no sugar. Or a vanilla latte if I'm feeling posh. Nowadays I do drink a lot of flavoured teas, which taste of nothing but smell delicious

5. What movie do you watch when you're sick?
Don't really have one in particular. Recently I've watched Trainspotting 2 twice, and will probably watch it again, so lets say Trainspotting 2

1. What Spuffy scene gives you the most feels?
Oh so many! Spike taking a beating in Intervention, and being rewarded by a kiss. Spike comforting Buffy by patting her on the back as they sit together on the back steps - he's got no clue what he's doing, he just needs to do something and Buffy is shocked, but accepts his comfort. Dead Things, when Buffy pours every bit of sorrow and anger onto Spike and he takes it willingly . . . all of S7 :D

2. Do you support a soccer, sorry, football team? If so, who?
I like football (soccer) and when I was a kid I supported the mighty Leeds Utd and I believe oneday we'll be back where we belong :p Nowadays I tend to follow football for gambling purposes and my fantasy team - yes I 'manage' a fantasy football team and I'm not ashamed to admit it . . . much :oops:

3. What are the best and worst things about Britain?
Wow, that's a big question . . . OK, we're a pretty liberal country, or strive to be. We strive to be open and have equal rights for everyone, no matter race creed colour religion . . . we don't always achieve our aims, but that doesn't stop us from aiming high. We're not a nation of braggers, if anything we're happiest running our country down, but anyone from outside has a dig, and we'll defend ourselves. @Fool for Buffy you've made me feel quite patriotic :D

4. Early riser or night owl?
Early riser. I prefer the mornings, I can get more done. I slow down the later it gets and am drowsy be 10pm :)

1. Left or right handed?
I am right handed, though I hold my knife in my left hand and wear my watch on my right hand.

2. Are you a Mulder or a Scully when it comes to 'Do Aliens exist & are they watching us?'
Definitely a Mulder! Scully was a blind fool for several seasons :p They are out there, thought not sure they are 'watching' us

3. Favourite sing-along song?
I have an annoying habit of singing along to everything, even when I don't know the words. Plus I'm a terrible singer

Retirement. I hear it's great :D Lottery winner maybe.

5. If you could go back in time & give one BtVS character one piece of advice, who would you choose & what advice would you give?
So much! I'm constatly talking to them in my head. OK, so I'd got back to S1 and take Xander aside and say 'I love you Xand and you are only 16 years old, but in 20 years you are going to look like a misogynist, so no more slut jokes about girls you feel inferior to'

6. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Another tough question. Maybe Anna Friel or Olivia Coleman :)

7. Favourite Ice Cream flavour?
I've currently got a thing for Vanilla Cornettos, don't judge me :oops:

8. Dream Holiday destination?
New York. New England. Scandinavia . . . so many places I'd like to see

9. What is your go-to episode when you just want to chill out & watch some Buffy?
An ep to chill out to would probably be A New Man, it's Giles centric and funny. Or maybe Something Blue, for the Spuffy. Season 4 is great for chill episodes

10. Favourite cartoon character?
BoJack Horseman, yes he's a horse, but he's also an actor with addiction issues who was big in the 90's :D

Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
I manage a fantasy team as well :)
No I don't. It's not something I've ever thought about getting, though some of my friends have them.

Never met a pudding I didn't like :D My current fave has to be Trifle

Happiest memory from childhood?
My mum and me snuggled up on the settee watching a film Christmas Day evening

No :eek::oops: I have a fear of water. I can sort of doggy paddle with my eyes closed and my head way above the water.

Amber Bunny Slippers
Amber Bunny Slippers
I can't swim either. lol

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
If you could have dinner with any dead celebrity, who would it be?
If you could have dinner with any living celebrity, who would it be?
Would you prefer to be attacked by one horse sized duck or twenty duck sized horses? :p

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Are you good at playing sports?

Favorite sport to play?

Do you like to cook?

If so what's your favorite dish to cook?

Do you play video games?

If so what do you play?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Do you have any pets?

Since you always ask others this question, would you survive alone on a desert island?

Who's the most underrated character on Buffy?

If you could have dinner with any dead celebrity, who would it be?
These questions take a bit of thinking about :D Humphrey Bogart. I know that's going back a bit, but I used to watch his old b&w movies on BBC2 on rainy afternoons and he was ugly/handsome but always seemed really 'interesting' and he's the first person that came to mind. Is he counted as a 'celebrity'?

If you could have dinner with any living celebrity, who would it be?
Doris Day. She's 95 years old, and the stories she could tell about old Hollywood would be wonderful. She's also an animal activist, so we could just spend the evening fussing her dogs

Would you prefer to be attacked by one horse sized duck or twenty duck sized horses? :p
One horse sized duck, because I could hide somewhere small and it wouldn't be able to get to me :eek:

Are you good at playing sports?
Absolute rubbish :D

Favorite sport to play?
I don't play much of anything nowadays. Bowling probably, but I usually come last. I much prefer to watch rather than play

Do you like to cook?
Yes! When I'm in the mood I can cook up a storm. I usually start with a receipe then decide half-way through to go my own way :D Sometimes the results are good and sometimes not.

If so what's your favorite dish to cook?
Love a stir-fry, it's so easy, you just throw everything in a wok. The last thing I did which was really lovely was a Jamie Oliver receipe for Ricotta Fritters - it was delicious (and vegetarian of course)

Do you play video games?
No not at all. Wouldn't even know where to start with a video game. Don't own an x-box or mp3 (fear I'm showing total ignorance by just writing these things :confused:)

What other shows and movies do you like?
This is a long list. Pretty much anything Netflix puts out :D Most things that start 'Previously on AMC's . . . ' Currently liking Snowfall, Claws, I'm Dying Up Here, The Strain, Dice, Preacher, Dificult People, Dark Matter . . . plus of course I'm a fan of reality tv, so I am watching Big Brother US, Celeb Big Brother UK, Amazing Race CA, Alone, Survivour AU . . . the list is endless.

As for movies, as I've mentioned, I'm crushing on Trainspotting 2 which I love. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was brilliant, Logan was really good. I also love old movies, and Old Hollywood, and used to read biogs of the old stars because they fascinated me but not so much nowadays.

What are your favorite foods?
Anything sweet, cake, cheesecake, anything that looks like cake :p Ice cream, chocolate, trifle. If it's full of sugar, I'll love it. But I also like most foods, although I don't eat meat or fish, I'll try anything else. Pizza gets a special mention because who doesn't like pizza :)

Any celebrity crushes (other than Spike)?
So many . . . currently Colin Farrell, Jenson Ackles, Ryan Reynolds, Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy, Ryan Gosling, Idris Elba, Daniel Craig . . . basically it's just a never ending list of very handsome actors because I am that shallow :p (there are a few sportsmen too, but I think I've proven my shallowness enough)

I do. I have a dog called Morris, he's a springer spaniel. He was a rescue dog so I dont know how old he is, but he's wobbly on his legs, but he's a sweetheart.

Since you always ask others this question, would you survive alone on a desert island?
Of course I would :D I don't know for how long, but I want to survive so I'd definitely try to stay alive as long as possible

Who's the most underrated character on Buffy?
Good question. I recently learnt that Dawn was universally hated outside this forum. I understand back in 2000 people were shocked by her appearance and people aren't good with change, but that was 17 years ago! I think the people who still hate her stop watching at the end of S4 :D She breaks my heart in S5, she's a child who has to face so many horrors and she copes better than a lot of adults would. In S6 she's trying to grow up and is surrounded by supposed adults who aren't dealing with their own shiz, so she's not learning how to cope. BUT in S7 Dawn is AMAZING! She's strong, enthusiastic, clever, funny . . . you're missing a treat if you are not watching the later seasons :D (No bias here at all, nope, none :p)

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
pizza & cheesecake - yumz! :)
You're my favourite board member. How do you feel about that?
I feel good about that :p

Reading your posts :) Or . . . just having a laugh with friends is probably the most fun I have

Where does the fear come from?
If I knew where fear comes from I'd kick it's ass and send it back . . . although fear can save your life, so maybe we should keep a little bit of it

What will you do the day the fear goes away?
Your questions are tough! Honestly, I'd probably tell the people that annoy me most that they annoy me and I wouldn't care what their reaction was :cool:

What is your ideal self like?
Confident and clever, and very very rich

Yes it is, so mind me! :)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange.
What did you think of Claws & I'm Dying Up Here?
What's yer favorite kind of cheesecake?
What do you like on your pizza?

What did you think of Claws & I'm Dying Up Here?
Haven't finished either show yet, but am enjoying Claws more. The characters are more relatable for me and I actually like them. I like I'm Dying Up Here, but some of the characters are so self-absorbed I can't find any sympathy for them. When that guy pees on his dad's dead dogs grave, well I would have punched him :eek::D

What's yer favorite kind of cheesecake?
Gotta be strawberry, but there are no bad cheesecakes

What do you like on your pizza?
Mushrooms, peppers, onins, olives, garlic, spinach :) Now I'm hungry!

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange.
What shows are you most looking forward to this fall/winter?
Have you ever had breakfast/egg pizza?
If you could be someone else for a day. Who would it be & why?

Are you allergic to anything?
Do you have anything you are unusually good at?
What is your favourite UK city?
Do you have any hobbies?
I'm giving you an imaginary £100 to buy anything you fancy tomorrow, what are you going shopping for?
Favourite bar of choc?
Any phobias?
What do you think would make a good date night for Buffy and Spike? :p

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
Why did you choose the forum name Priceless?
What movie is guaranteed to make you cry?
If they were making a 'Priceless' movie, who would you want to star as 'Priceless'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom