• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: RDHWelsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
This week it's the turn of @RDHWesley in the spotlight

Here's your starter questions:

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
1. I can't actually remember how I first stumbled across it. I think I was just surfing for Buffy related discussions and inevitably landed here. The interesting topics and continued enthusiasm for BtVS and Angel was really nice compared with some other discussion boards that I've visited.

2. I think it's a combination of great, relatable characters and a balance of tone. BtVS is not too dark (until the last two seasons) but not too silly. When it needs to be funny, it is. When it needs to be sad, it is. Plus it has monsters and stuff. This goes double for AtS, which I think is the greatest TV series of all time.

3. Waiting in the Wings. I'd love to play one of the Count's giggling, sword wielding henchmen.

4. At the moment, it's wake up, read whatever book I'm on at the moment, watch some TV, do some writing, read some more, maybe watch some more, then bed. With some eating inbetween.

5. I honestly don't know. I think I'd like to get my own life in order once the lockdown's lifted before thinking about swapping it for anyone else's! 😄

Priceless

Scooby
What would your perfect job be?

Do you dance at parties?

Can you drive and what car do you have?

Glasses or contacts?

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
What would your perfect job be?

Do you dance at parties?

Can you drive and what car do you have?

Glasses or contacts?

1. Long-term, I plan on being a writer. I write a lot of short horror fiction in my spare time, but haven't sent too much off yet; that's going to change!

2. I'm not really a party person, but when I do go, I'm more of a hang around by the buffet table sort of person.

3. I can't drive. I took lessons a while ago and passed my theory test but never took the practical. I've thought about taking it up again, but I'd rather learn in an automatic this time, because the clutch and changing gears was the bane of my existence. That and roundabouts.

4. Glasses.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Have you ever had your arm broken by a swan?
Do you have any tattoos?
Will you be having Easter eggs on the weekend?
Do you like hot cross buns?

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
Have you ever had your arm broken by a swan?
Do you have any tattoos?
Will you be having Easter eggs on the weekend?
Do you like hot cross buns?

1. Thankfully not.

2. I don't. I considered getting the Angel Investigations logo on my left wrist but I'm not great with needles/pain in general.

3. I will indeed. I have a Double Decker Easter egg which came with four Double Decker bars as well. Those have already been eaten...

4. Yes, but I haven't had any for a while. I prefer crumpets.

Priceless

Scooby
Who is your favourite writer?

Do you like old movies?

Would you ever go into teaching?

Would you like to write for television?

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
Who is your favourite writer?

Do you like old movies?

Would you ever go into teaching?

Would you like to write for television?

1. At the moment, it's a draw between Ray Bradbury and Ramsey Campbell. Something Wicked This Way Comes is probably my favourite book of all time. Campbell writes some of the best horror around, and is one of my biggest influences. His style can be tricky to get into, but it's worth it.

2. I generally prefer old movies, especially 70s and 80s horror and sci-fi. Halloween and Phantasm are my favourite films.

3. I considered teaching for a while during my first year of university, but decided against it when the nostalgia of school wore off.

4. I started out aspiring to be a screenwriter (that's still something I'd like to get into) but mostly I focus on prose as I find I have more freedom with it. I like to go crazy with an idea sometimes and working in TV you don't always get the chance to do that.

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
Have you ever appeared in court?

What or who makes you laugh?

1. I haven't, but when I was a kid, our class got shown round the local courthouse. Because if there's one thing kids go wild for, it's legal procedure.

2. I watch a lot of British sitcoms, mainly 90s ones like Bottom, Red Dwarf and Dinnerladies, but I also really enjoyed Peep Show. I have several close friends that make me laugh because our discussions end up taking really strange tangents.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Last book you read?
Last film you watched?
Last song that got stuck in your head?
Can you whistle?

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
Last book you read?
Last film you watched?
Last song that got stuck in your head?
Can you whistle?

1. I finished reading Incarnate by Ramsey Campbell fairly recently, and am nearly done with The Dead Zone by Stephen King.

2. Ted Post's The Baby. Thought it would be awful but it's actually a really effective horror-thriller. The twist at the end totally catches you off guard and there are some good performances.

3. Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis. Not a big Oasis fan, but I quite enjoy that one.

4. I can't whistle. Then again, for years I thought that I couldn't click my fingers, but eventually mastered it.

Priceless

Scooby
Do you have any pets?

Do you hang your washing outside on the line to dry?

Are you a sun worshipper?

Is Fred good for Wesley ?

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
Do you have any pets?

Do you hang your washing outside on the line to dry?

Are you a sun worshipper?

Is Fred good for Wesley ?

1. Not at the moment. We used to have several dogs before we discovered that I was allergic, and so unfortunately we haven't been able to have any since. I'd like a cat but my mum doesn't like them. I once looked after a hermit crab for a few months. Had an aquarium and everything.

2. Yes, but usually after sticking it in a tumble dryer first.

3. In January and February, yes. Once July rolls around, I'm willing it to rain.

4. Yes. For the most part. Fred is someone that Wesley can relate to, and someone who reminds him that life is worth living; that the world is worth fighting for, and that's a good thing to have in your life. The problems mainly arise from Wesley's lack of self-belief, thinking of himself as being unworthy of Fred's attention, especially during Seasons 4 and 5, where he's in his 'Dark Wesley' phase. Therefore, he spirals further and further into depression; Lilah being one of the biggest aspects of that.

Being with Lilah makes him feel awful, simply being in the same room as Fred makes him feel better, so on the whole I'd say yes. He just needed to get a bit more confidence sooner than he did.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Did you like Wesley in BTVS S3?
What would be your favorite episode of Wesley in BTVS S3?

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Do you have a party trick?
Did you learn recorder at school?
Do you have a favourite comedian?

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
Did you like Wesley in BTVS S3?
What would be your favorite episode of Wesley in BTVS S3?

1. LOVED Wes even as early as BtVS Season 3. I just thought he was hilarious and was very impressed by AD's British accent. I can normally tell when an American actor is putting on a UK accent but I had to double check with him. When I started watching AtS, I might have been a bit unfair to Doyle because I knew that Wes was coming back in Parting Gifts and couldn't wait for that!

2. It would have to be Graduation Day, where he says that even though Buffy has separated herself from the Council, he still wants to help. Trying to do the right thing even then.

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
Do you have a party trick?
Did you learn recorder at school?
Do you have a favourite comedian?

1. Not really. I can name every Classic Doctor Who story and every Angel episode in order from the start without having to consult a list. I'm actually kind of embarrassed that I can do those! I never purposefully sat down and memorized them, I just remember them from seeing DVD menus so many times.

2. I did, but it was a long time ago. I don't recall if I was any good or not.

3. Stand up, I like Joe Lycett and Greg Davies. I also like Victoria Wood, but more her TV work, not her stand up. Rik Mayall is my favourite comedy actor; I idolized him as a teenager.

nightshade
nightshade
I think the recorder is a British primary staple!
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
I did not know that.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
First what type of writing do you like/want to get into .

Second what character do you feel closest to in Buffy /Angel

Also if you were in the shows what character would you date ?

RDHWesley

Odd Individual
First what type of writing do you like/want to get into .

Second what character do you feel closest to in Buffy /Angel

Also if you were in the shows what character would you date ?

1. I love/write horror. The best way I can explain it is that I can't think to do anything else. It's always been the genre that I gravitate towards, whether reading, watching or writing. It's also what I'm best at, so, stick to your strengths I suppose.

2. Obvious/boring answer - Wesley. Not only is his character arc the most compelling for me, but I connected with him in a way I haven't felt with any other character. I relate a lot to his insecurities and lack of self-belief, whilst still trying to build up the confidence to do the things I want to do in life.

3. Again, obvious/boring answer - Fred. She's funny, bright, slightly odd but still down to earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom