• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Taake

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Up this week for your questions is @Taake

Which character would you like the wardrobe of?
If you swapped lives with Buffy for a day what would do?
Are you planning on dressing dog Buffy up for Halloween?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
What kind of car do you drive?

Do you play any musical instruments?

Do you prefer urban, suburban or rural living?

Can you swim?

Can you sing?

Do you have a significant other?

Do you have an insignificant other?

What level of education do you have?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

What are your worst favourite vices?

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn

Which character would you like the wardrobe of?

Lilah. Stylish, with some comfortable at-home PJ stuff.

If you swapped lives with Buffy for a day what would do?
Acrobatics, ass-kicking, and running. It'd be pretty cool to feel what it was like to have super powers! I'd just show off to myself :p

Are you planning on dressing dog Buffy up for Halloween?

No. She's not a co-operative dress-up dog. Just putting a raincoat on her makes her hide in her bed with a long-suffering expression on her face.

@Ethan Reigns
What kind of car do you drive?
I don't drive. I've wanted to get a license, but it's really expensive here and my family is not very supportive. My sister didn't even want to lend me her bike because she thought I'd die riding it. No trust, pfft.

Do you play any musical instruments?

Mandatory band in school made me able to play the trombone, the flute and the keyboard.
I'm just kidding. I did have to play all of those instruments but it was living hell and sounded like living hell.

Do you prefer urban, suburban or rural living?

Suburban/rural. If I could move somewhere more rural (need a car for that) I would.

Can you swim?
Yes.

Can you sing?
I can produce sounds with my vocal chords similar to the technique known as singing.

Do you have a significant other?
Not right now, no

Do you have an insignificant other?
Maybe, though I try not to waste time on insignificants

What level of education do you have?
I have two Bachelor's degrees and I'm currently working on a Master's Degree in Theology.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I'm not sure. I'm happy where I am, except that I'd like to move a couple of miles away to be more rural, as mentioned. I'd like to live somewhere similar - archipelago not necessary, but woods and proximity to the sea. I've always thought Maine looks pretty nice. Somewhere summers aren't too hot.

What are your worst favourite vices?
Oh, what is a vice really? ;) I suppose greed - for wine and books. I buy a disturbing amount of books and I have a real soft spot for wine.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Favourite fiction book? Favourite non fiction book?
Favourite author?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
What is your earliest memory?

Which film character would you exchange lives with?

Are you a science fiction fan?

You're given three wishes. What are they?

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya
If you could have any book you read during your childhood/early teens made into a TV show or movie what book would it be?

Would you have preferred to see a 8th season of BTVS or a 6th season of Angel?

What are some of your hobbies?

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Favourite fiction book? Favourite non fiction book?
Favourite author?

The Brothers Karamazov (Dostoyevsky)
The Gulag Archipelago (Solzhenitsyn)

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

I feel like I’ve mentioned all these a lot though, sorry about that, so I’ll add my favorite book of last year - one I’d wanted to read for a long time but never got around to - ”Father Goriot” by Balzac. I was so mad at myself for not having read it sooner.

What is your earliest memory?

Which film character would you exchange lives with?

Are you a science fiction fan?

You're given three wishes. What are they?

Really vivid memory of my mom getting a microwave for her birthday. Back when they were a big deal :p

Maybe Brodie from Mallrats. Deeper than you think (can whip out a metaphor for a whole relationship with the blink of an eye), good attitude, vindicitive when needed (chocolate pretzels?) dangerously charming even at his worst. Things work out, you know.

Not so much, unless you count Jules Verne. I’ve nothing against Sci-fi either though.

1. A nice medium sized house in a wooded area near water
2.The ability to speak any language I wanted to
3. Some kind of youth fountain/elixir. Really starting to wig out about this ”getting older” thing

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
I like Balzac too. And Mallrats (although I'll never admit to this in public!)

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
If you could have any book you read during your childhood/early teens made into a TV show or movie what book would it be?

Would you have preferred to see a 8th season of BTVS or a 6th season of Angel?

What are some of your hobbies?

I thought about it and honestly, I feel like Hollywood has made a killing with my faves because I can’t really think of anything that hasn’t already been made into a movie or show 😂 From Grimm fairytales, to children’s books and Sweet Valley High and Harry Potter, among others, it’s all been made?

There is one teen trilogy though, that I didn’t read as a teen but just a couple of year’s ago (thanks Athena!) that I’d love to see as movie or snow. That’s LJ Smith’s ”The Forbidden Game” trilogy. Really fun set of books with a great heroine, a villain/love interest who’s basically a prototype for Spike (hi, Julian!) but not a vampire, and just cool/spooky adventures. Not to mention an almost incest scene which feels very GoT age appropriate.

Angel s6. I love the finale, but it had more stories in it. Buffy was running on fumes as it was. SMG is always great, but she just felt ”done” at that time. Maybe if they’d taken a year off before coming back.

Hobbies include: reading, yoga, hiking with the dog, Bible journaling, knitting, reading up on syntax and etymology (it’s not as dry as it sounds :p), incessant talking about politics with friends

:)

brinkster130
brinkster130
Ohh that trilogy sounds interesting.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Do you like Wuthering Heights ?

Do you love Spielberg movies ? If so, what's your favorite ?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Ah yes, thoughts of the wardrobe. That they are so

If you were visited by The Lion The Witch which character would you like to meet beyond The Wardrobe?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
What other shows/movies do you like?
Do you like cheesecake?
Do you prefer the US or Swedish version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Which one of your food allergies is the hardest to avoid?
Are you glad that you don't eat cheese so you don't have @Anyanka Bunny Slayer asking you lots of cheese questions?

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
You obviously aren't aware of this, but the reason Taake don't eat cheese is because of the plastic wrapping.
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
She doesn't want to encourage us. 😜

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Do you like Wuthering Heights ?

Do you love Spielberg movies ? If so, what's your favorite ?

I love Wuthering Heights. It's one of the first classics I ever read. I still have that edition, it's pretty beaten up by now.

Ok, so I'm really terrible at directors, so I feel embarrassed to say that the only movie I could name (without Google) was E.T. With the help of Google I'm gonna say, wow, he's done a lot of really great movies. I had never paid attention to the fact that he's a producer on The Goonies!! I mean, also like Schindler's List or whatever, but The Goonies! :D I can't really say I have a favorite though, most of his movies are just like a presence at the back of my mind because I watched them as a kid.

Ah yes, thoughts of the wardrobe. That they are so

If you were visited by The Lion The Witch which character would you like to meet beyond The Wardrobe?

Reepicheep, he would protect me come whatever may. Also, he's a lot of fun.

What other shows/movies do you like?
Do you like cheesecake?
Do you prefer the US or Swedish version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?

I like a spot of grisly crime - like Law and Order, Criminal Minds, Castle, and almost anything else where they poke around murder scenes.
I also love Supernatural. I've mostly given up on new shows though, I know people say TV now is great, but I exercise my freedom to disagree. Shows now just try too hard. If it didn't premiere a decade ago, I'm probably not watching. ;) Otherwise I just nostalgia watch things like Gilmore Girls and lots of other silly things.

I was never a fan of the cheese part of the cheesecake, the crumbly cookie bottom however, yum yum.

Swedish version because I didn't finish the US version. I was quite excited to watch it actually, but the forced accents... I just couldn't. It was horrid. It looks really great though. Rooney Mara makes a great Lisbeth Salander.

Which one of your food allergies is the hardest to avoid?
Are you glad that you don't eat cheese so you don't have @Anyanka Bunny Slayer asking you lots of cheese questions?

These days... peas! Gosh darn peas in everything! It's invaded the vegan market so hard I might have to give up being vegan! (Because eating out primarily has pea-option food like all those new beyond/fantastic/something something Burgers. It's making it impossible to find something that won't stop me from breathing this thing called air)

LOL. Yes, you cheese-heads. :p

AnthonyCordova

modulating between criticism and reconstruction
Sineya
If you could make a guest appearance (as yourself) in any 1 episode of Buffy or Angel, which would it be and what would you do?

If you had the money right now to visit any place on Earth for a week, where would you go?

Do you enjoy poetry? If so, which poets are your favorites?

Tell us something about the place where you live that outsiders wouldn't know anything about.

Do you like to use perfume? If so, which are your favorites?

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
If you could make a guest appearance (as yourself) in any 1 episode of Buffy or Angel, which would it be and what would you do?

If you had the money right now to visit any place on Earth for a week, where would you go?

Do you enjoy poetry? If so, which poets are your favorites?

Tell us something about the place where you live that outsiders wouldn't know anything about.

Do you like to use perfume? If so, which are your favorites?

As myself? Oh, interesting. I'd kind of want to write myself - awkwardly - into Are you now or have you ever been… Time traveling sideplot perhaps? ;)

I think I'd go on the Trans-Siberian Railway, obviously getting off at every stop and looking around. I'd go during the summer months though, so the sun wasn't setting so early, because I'd want to see the whole landscape. That, or hiking in Colorado for a week. Looks absolutely beautiful.

I really struggle with poetry. I just don't 'get it'. The closest I get to it is occasionally enjoying Pushkin and Du Fu (sometimes Tu Fu) a poet from the T'ang dynasty in China. I've heard so much praise for Pasternaks poetry that I might give him a try at some Point.

One random poem I do love is - The Kingfisher by Mary Oliver

The kingfisher rises out of the black wave
like a blue flower, in his beak
he carries a silver leaf. I think this is
the prettiest world--so long as you don't mind
a little dying, how could there be a day in your
whole life
that doesn't have its splash of happiness?
There are more fish than there are leaves
on a thousand trees, and anyway the kingfisher
wasn't born to think about it, or anything else.
When the wave snaps shut over his blue head, the
water
remains water--hunger is the only story
he has ever heard in his life that he could
believe.
I don't say he's right. Neither
do I say he's wrong. Religiously he swallows the
silver leaf
with its broken red river, and with a rough and
easy cry
I couldn't rouse out of my thoughtful body
if my life depended on it, he swings back
over the bright sea to do the same thing, to do it
(as I long to do something, anything) perfectly.

Hm, something others wouldn't know… if you're in Stockholm walk on the right/stand on the right in escalators or you may be trampled by stressed Swedes. The "left" side of a pavement or escalator is, as a silent rule, the "express lane" where people rush past you. So if you're with someone in the escalator, stand on the same side, never side by side. People will push you out of the way.

On a more official, legal note, "minority languages" in Sweden are acknowledged not by number of speakers by longevity of presence of speakers in the country. For this reason Yiddish, Meänkali, Sámi and Romani are four of the five minority languages in Sweden, though a rather small number of people actually speak them (Finnish being number 5)

I'm one of those terribly annoying people who is super sensitive to smell, so I never really wear perfume as it gives me a headache and makes me nauseous. I do like scented body lotions though, my favorite is called "Happy Buddha", it's cedar wood and sweet orange

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Who were your favourite characters in Sweet Valley High? Also, which twin did you prefer?

Were you into any other 90s YA book series?

How did you learn Photoshop?

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
What scoobie would you like to be ?

Probably Giles or Tara (if we're counting beyond the core three). more book Learning, less stalking around cemetaries looking for things that go bump in the night. I basically just want to hang out at the library/the Magic Shop :D Of the OG three I think Xander, he's the most relatable.

Who were your favourite characters in Sweet Valley High? Also, which twin did you prefer?

Were you into any other 90s YA book series?

How did you learn Photoshop?

*starts singing Sweet Valley High tv-theme*

Gosh, I loved SVH so much (books most of all) and it was one of the rare things I shared with my older sister. My fave was Jessica and hers was Elizabeth (though when I've re-read the books for fun - totally up for a buddy read if you are ;) - I've realized they're both kind of shitty people, lol). Sadly, I thought Bruce was kind of cool. But I'll redeem myself with that I also liked Winston (I'm outraged at his treatment in the 10 year later book that I read against my better judgement, hehe). Also Nicholas and Regina Morrow. Mixed feelings about Lila. Same for Todd, but I think that's cause my sister really liked him, lol.

I liked the Babysitter's Club, loved Nancy Drew, and V.C. Andrews whose like a series onto herself! And general books about girls and horses. Lol. There were so many Swedish book series about girls and horses.

My best friend and I were also obsessed with the Janie Johnson books - did you ever read them?

(so many crazy plots in all of these!)

One day I will definitely invest in Photoshop, the art people make in it are just next level. I use Gimp and am totally self-taught. Slowly and painfully. Mostly learned by watching others art on this forum and getting inspired by it.

RachM
RachM
Never read Janie Johnson, sadly. Also, a buddy read would be awesome, but I'd have to do some serious digging to see exactly which books I still own! :D
Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
"Britta och Silver" forever.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
You've won a big house with loads of outside space, what's the first animal you get?

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
You've won a big house with loads of outside space, what's the first animal you get?

Probably just a ton of dogs, big dogs :D

But next on the list would be either a donkey or a goat! Maybe not one of those goats that climbs trees though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom