• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Taake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Probably just a ton of dogs, big dogs :D
b4fa3c4ba5b705943ea5bf970ffaa1f8.jpg

Taake
Taake
Literally my dream in a picture!
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
And when the mutt opens its gob, breaths in deep, it lets a loud meow, tee hee

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
What kind of dog do you think @Spanky most resembles?
Did you ever win anything at school?
Do you have any Christmas traditions?

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
What kind of dog do you think @Spanky most resembles?
Did you ever win anything at school?
Do you have any Christmas traditions?

Border collie. Restless workaholic!

I’m not sure, we didn’t have a lot of competitions so nothing comes to mind

A lot of it is about baking (and give to the neighborand watching a cartoon Christmas special at 3pm and drink glögg :) If there is snow to go out after dinner and ride sleds.

Can you define theology?

Like a textbook definition or what?

Spanky
Spanky
Couldn't have picked something a little more... I dunno... butch than a border collie? Hell, even a basset hound is more manly.
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I agree, poor Border Collie's, them miniature poodles alone rough ground are fun, mind you if you took the ale from alone, thems is fun.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
Like a textbook definition or what?
I just listened to a podcast interview of a woman named Jill Braithwaite, talking about her master's thesis. She was asked to define theology. I wanted to see if your understanding of the field is similar.

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
I just listened to a podcast interview of a woman named Jill Braithwaite, talking about her master's thesis. She was asked to define theology. I wanted to see if your understanding of the field is similar.

I see, I suppose it may vary with denominations and what area of theology you’re studying

Generally I would define it as an exploration/study of a higher power (definition of which is often established when you study a Systematic kind), but on the whole that which is beyond you/us as human beings and how we can talk about it.

Beyond that you’ll get a lot of sub-divisions simply because it takes an interest in creation as a whole (First principles and eschatology) as well as the human experience/condition (typically hamartology and soteriology aka study of sin and salvation because it is of keen interest to understanding the human relatio in creation and to God)

I would also say it is, fundamentally, about understanding itself. Ie understanding how theology has and is talking about God (historical and systematic theology, Christology, Sophiology) which also includes exegesis as Scripture (in one way or another) is the starting point for a lot of theological work.

So exactly what theology ought to be defined as depends a little, in my mind, what your focus is beyond the general. Someone studying sophiology may be a bit more esoteric in defining it than someone engaged in exegesis.

But the basic sentiment is there in the first paragraph, it is about looking at that which transcends us.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Oh to debate an out wordly Ology of The, fascinating.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Are you actually Sarah Michelle Gellar in disguise?
Please describe your idea of a perfect date.
What is your favorite Lilah outfit?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Yes, you should get big dogs like this Tibetan Mastiff:

d97d024c4773741b2e6549e2786c84d5.jpg

They look like lions.

Spanky
Spanky
Actually they just look like they have a bad 70's afro
Puppet
Puppet
That totally looks like a human wearing a badly-made lion costume.
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Mrs. Dolittle's little kitty on steroids!

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
@Spanky Border Collies are way manly! They're just really upbeat about it. Besides, herding sheep is kind of what I picture you to do at work.

Are you actually Sarah Michelle Gellar in disguise?

How did you know!?! I knew I should have picked another avatar!
(For real though, I wish, her fashion game is strong right now. Her insta is just her looking amazing all the time)

Please describe your idea of a perfect date.
I'm not sure I have one, I'm not a particularly romantic person. I guess just dinner at a nice restaurant (small, not crowded) with company that makes you laugh and forget about time. Basically, a date where you have to be asked to leave the restaurant at the end of the night because you've been having such a good time, leaving is just out of the question.

What is your favorite Lilah outfit?

This outfit from Habeas Corpses, I really love the top. It's simple but flattering and looks very comfortable. Great juxtaposition between the rather strict suit and the soft top too. Stylish, but casual. I'd wear it to work as well!
20160810220000-17795b29.jpg20160810215652-a06be1e7.jpg

Yes, you should get big dogs like this Tibetan Mastiff:

d97d024c4773741b2e6549e2786c84d5.jpg

They look like lions.

OMG! Look at that fluffy puppy!

The only negative thing about big dogs is that they don't tend to live very long.

Would you own a Great Pyrenees?
images

No, but not because of size. I don't think I'm compatible with their mentality. They're very independent dogs, prone to take their own initiatives.
I've primarily had hunting dogs, they tend to be very demanding in their own right of course, but they're not as stubborn as Pyrenees supposedly are, they're rather more like border collies in the way that their highest wish is to please (but only their owner). So I think I'd struggle with a Pyrenees.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I need new glasses, at the top you wrote of the Spanky Collie HERDING sheep didn't you?

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Tell us something about the place where you live that outsiders wouldn't know anything about.

I thought about something today while walking the dog that’s specific to where I live - you can’t throw a rock without hitting an old burial place (stone- and iron age) or stones with runic inscriptions. It is always a bit fascinating to wander around and consider how long people have lived here and wonder what their lives would’ve been like. :)

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
What time period is your favourite?
Are you an early bird or a night owl?

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
What time period is your favourite?
Are you an early bird or a night owl?

Oooh, hard to say. Probably the Middle Ages in general. But I also have a great thing for books from the 1800’s , so it’s a tie!

Early bird! Wasn’t always, but I’ve come to believe that CS Lewis was probably right when he said that there is no reason for an adult person to stay up after 23pm.

Do you like the snow ?

Love the snow! It makes the whole world magical 😄 (Hate it when it melts though!)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn

Oh my God, Stephanie has such a beautiful smile!!

Anyway:

What's the farthest you've walked? 🐶

If you had to choose between saving twenty strangers or one friend, which would you pick?

If you were given 9,306,620.00 Krona on the condition that you moved away from Sweden forever, would you do it?

Strawberries or pineapple?

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
What's the farthest you've walked? 🐶

Probably that time I walked a couple of Swedish miles until I almost passed out. Why? Because a dog trainer told me that to get your dog to not pull on the leash (B was a fiend when we first got her) you needed to walk the dog until it got so tired that it naturally started to walk behind you! Once it did, you needed to walk it like that for another hour to make sure it stuck or whatever!🙄

I can’t say how long it was just that we were walking for 5+ hours when I gave up, collapsed from exhaustion then got us a ride home. Dog was still spry as ever!

Lesson learned: Don’t believe everything a ”trainer” tells you.

If you had to choose between saving twenty strangers or one friend, which would you pick?

strangers feels more noble but ...probably that one friend
If you were given 9,306,620.00 Krona on the condition that you moved away from Sweden forever, would you do it?

Well If they’re that motivated to get me out, who am I to say no? ;) I could come haunt your basement!

Strawberries or pineapple?

Pineapple!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Damn, just thought of more questions after the edit time. I'll wait. 🐇🐇

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Not intending to put you on the spot but whose question did you like the best, mine don't count.

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
This is not a question. I just have to tell you that I now think of you all the time, as one of my kids recently got himself a baseball cap from the brand "Taake".

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Not intending to put you on the spot but whose question did you like the best, mine don't count.

As a kindly mother would, I’ll say that I don’t pick favorites!

This is not a question. I just have to tell you that I now think of you all the time, as one of my kids recently got himself a baseball cap from the brand "Taake".

Excellent brand name, if I may say so!
Also, Britta and Silver! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom