• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: WhatdBuffyDo

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Up this week in the spotlight is @whatdBuffyDo

Here's your starter questions:

1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

Mr Trick

Scooby
Which is your favourite odd couple relationship in on screen or in fiction?

Do you have a favourite holiday location?

Favourite sitcom?

Priceless

Scooby
What would be your top three arting tips or tutorials you'd recommend?

Do you enjoy any sports?

Dogs or cats?

Cordelia or Anya?

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
1. How did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?
1. It's funny because it hasn't been that long since I became a member here, but I don't quite remember how I found BB. 😂 I was probably googling some questions about Buffy and one of the search results brought me here. I felt very happy upon discovering that the forum was active because I used to be on forums when I was little and those are happy experiences for me. I like to be a part of a group that shares a common liking for something. Hobby groups in real-life work too but due to pandemic, physical meetings haven't been possible for a long time. For BB specifically, people here are helpful, intelligent, kind, and humorous and I like to be a member here!

2. I only got into Buffy few months ago and been hooked ever since. 😄 It must be the characters, their relationships, good writing of fun and light-hearted episodes (I enjoy them more than emotional episodes I guess,) production design, and the joy of examining a classic show and discovering the popular culture/media trajectory from then to now.

3. Once More With Feeling! I would love to sing some song like "The Parking Ticket."👩‍🎤 I am not a very good singer but I've always loved singing and practically sing to myself all the time. If I went into that road, with hours and hours of practice, I believe I could become a decent singer.

4. Usually, I join classes when they are on, but other than that, whatever I do be it schoolwork, or other work or hobby time, I follow my whim at the moment. If we could physically go to school, a day in my life would be much more organized due to travel arrangements, etc. Without an external structure to my day, I am not very good at arranging it myself yet, but I'm learning *hopefully.* 😇

5. I would probably answer this question differently at different times. For now, I would say some minister of the government or a political journalist. I am really curious what really goes on up there...

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Depending on which one you would probably do a much better job, ha!

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
Which is your favourite odd couple relationship in on screen or in fiction?
Do you have a favourite holiday location?
Favourite sitcom?
  1. Harold and Maude from Harold and Maude! 🌻 Also, -not that I'd support their pairing but without them, there wouldn't be such a good story- do Jesse and Walter White from Breaking Bad count even if they are not a romantic couple? They have a complex, sometimes toxic relationship, as interesting as it gets.
  2. Yes, southern Aegean coast. At least it was, before Covid-19...
  3. I love Parks and Recreation but I also need to mention original three seasons of Arrested Development due to its hilarious jokes and its good, tight writing. 🧐

What tv shows are you watching?
Has your identity ever been cloned?
Do you wear sunglasses indoors?
Favourite drink on a night out?
  1. Right now, I am almost at the end of Buffy S7. Before starting Buffy, I was watching Better Call Saul S3 but I went on a hiatus because I got very hooked up on Buffy. 😅 I will return to watch it once I finish Buffy. Oh also, I would be watching Killing Eve's new season if it would air this year, but that won't happen. 😢
  2. LOL I should think of a funny answer but I will take it seriously and say probably the digital data I provide to big tech companies might give them a start if they wanted to clone my identity. 🤪
  3. Oh, I did that once without realizing it while we were giving a restaurant break on a road trip, and someone from my family warned me about it, apparently, wearing glasses indoors is clumsy manners?
  4. I'm not much of a drinker, if I go out with people who drink, I would order whatever beer is available. Funny thing is, I don't need to drink to feel tipsy. There is a switch in my brain that gets activated when I'm in the right mood. 😂

When did you first start arting?
Do you find it relaxing or stressful?
  1. In terms of banners like the ones I make now, I started making them when I became a member of an online forum back in middle school. But before that, I tried to design welcome banners or avatars for my blog page using a different image editing program. They were mostly awful. 😅
  2. I find it relaxing.

Mulder or Scully?
If you could bring one Buffy or Angel villain back for a one-off film which one? It doesn't have to be a season BB.
  1. I haven't seen The X-Files. 😱
  2. Kathy Newman, Buffy's first roommate. 😁

What would be your top three arting tips or tutorials you'd recommend?
Do you enjoy any sports?
Dogs or cats?
Cordelia or Anya?
  1. Hmm, depends on what one might want to do. I've learned some stuff about Blending Modes in Photoshop from these channels lately, and bookmarked them in order to watch more videos: PiXimperfect and Ryan Quintal. Also, I find DeviantArt helpful. Browsing other users' works brings about inspiration. Some users share tutorials, too (for example.) Behance is another source of inspiration in terms of graphic design. But I think, most important thing is to learn about imagemaking, something I haven't done much yet but plan to do so. When one knows a bit of theory, they look at things differently.
  2. At differents periods of my life, I took lessons and played a bit of tennis, badminton and squash. However, I've never been comitted enough to buy necessary gears for myself. I might return playing one of them later in my life.
  3. Cats are easier to look after but dogs are a source of joy. 💝
  4. Cordyyy

GothicBuffy

Slayer
Star sign and what it means to you?

Do you like camping and/or hiking?

How's online school going for you? Personally I really don't like it 😅

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
Do you love Better Call Saul? Do you prefer Breaking Bad?
I love them both, actually. I watched Breaking Bad after its original run and started Better Call Saul immediately after. I don't see difference in quality. Actually I think of them like the same show. I usually list Breaking Bad in my favourites lists but it is because it is the first installment of its universe.

@Priceless I want to make addition to my answer to your previous first question about arting:

Practical tips:
  1. For making banners etc. use as HQ photos/images as you can find.
  2. In order to enhance the quality of an image: in Photoshop, you can make a copy of the original layer on top of the original layer, apply Filter>Others>High Pass to the copy layer, change blending mode as soft light, change the opacity of the layer according to your preference (I usually use 30% or less.) Applying this to the final version of the banner is also a good idea. Or you can experiment with the same procedure with different blending modes and instead of high pass, with Filter>Sharpen>Sharpen or Filter>Blur>Blur. There must be more advanced ways but I use these.
  3. To provide 3D-ish depth: in Photoshop, double click a layer, from the list on the left choose Inner Shadow and Drop Shadow; and experiment with them.

I don't exactly know the corresponding tools for High Pass, blending modes, inner shadow etc. for other photo editing programs but there should be similar techniques for those same purposes (enhancing image quality, providing depth.)

Star sign and what it means to you?
Do you like camping and/or hiking?
How's online school going for you? Personally I really don't like it 😅
  1. Aquarius. All I know is that my last romantic encounter was with a Libra and before that, I liked a Gemini, and I heard that these two signs are supposed to be good matches, so there must be something going on. 😯
  2. I've never gone camping or hiking that lasts long and requires equipment. Last summer before the Covid-19 outbreak, I did a short hiking session in a valley towards a small waterfall, I liked it and considered joining a group next spring, but we all know the story from there. 😟
  3. Normal school was better, certainly. I liked the structure to my day, being able to see my friends, being around fellow students, staying in dorm etc.

Priceless
Priceless
Thanks for the tips, and I think BCS is better than BB 😮
GothicBuffy
GothicBuffy
I love Aquariuses! (Aquarii?) Air signs and fire signs usually get along well so that makes sense.
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
it really is a toss up between BB and BCS. Think they compliment each other nicely.

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
@Mr Trick You are right, I just might! 😉
@Priceless Ohh, I would love to hear your reasons. 😄
@GothicBuffy Yayy, I like my fun Leo friends. 😉

What's yer favorite kind of cake?
Jello or pudding?
cats or dogs?
  1. Ohh, I love food questions. 😋 I love cheesecake and tiramisu. 🤤
  2. Pudding, but not a big fan of either.
  3. I shall pick dogs, they can be very emotional and too pure for this world.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
♥ cheesecake too

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
What kind of car do you drive?

Do you play any musical instruments?

Do you prefer urban, suburban or rural living?

Can you swim?

Can you sing?

Do you have a significant other?

Do you have an insignificant other?

What level of education do you have?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

What are your worst favourite vices?

Have you ever taken part in a protest?

How long has it been since you were in a fight?

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
What kind of car do you drive?
Do you play any musical instruments?
Do you prefer urban, suburban or rural living?
Can you swim?
Can you sing?
Do you have a significant other?
Do you have an insignificant other?
What level of education do you have?
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
What are your worst favourite vices?
Have you ever taken part in a protest?
How long has it been since you were in a fight?
  1. I don't have a car yet.
  2. I play the keyboard a little. 🎹
  3. I am used to urban living, never tried others. I can't compare them realistically, I need to know/experience more about the ups and downs of each.
  4. Not very technical, I intuitively found my way to swim.
  5. Again not big on the technical side, but yes, I can imitate notes and append them one after the other. 😜
  6. No.
  7. No.
  8. Currently working on my bachelor's.
  9. Again I'm not sure. I would like the idea of being able to travel constantly rather than settling down.
  10. Being a sweet tooth. 🤤
  11. No, crowds are overwhelming for my introverted mind.
  12. Physical fight? I don't know, maybe 12 years? 🤔

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
What would be your least favorite music genre?
What do you eat for breakfast?
What is your favorite season of Breaking Bad? Least favorite?
Pancakes or Waffles?

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
What would be your least favorite music genre?
What do you eat for breakfast?
What is your favorite season of Breaking Bad? Least favorite?
Pancakes or Waffles?
  1. Hip hop music.
  2. Either oatmeal or Mediterranean type of breakfast with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, cheese, eggs, greens, and bread.
  3. They are all good but I can pick S2 as favourite since Jesse was truly happy for a limited amount of time. I can't point out the least favourite though. 🤔
  4. I love waffles! 😋

Do you have any tattoos?
Do you ever feed the birds?
Would you take your partners name after marriage?
  1. No, I don't.
  2. Yes, when I used to go out in the city, I would buy "simit" which is something like a sesame bagel, I sit somewhere and wait for birds, then give them pieces from the simit. 🐦
  3. Hmm, that's a distant consideration. I actually wouldn't want to, but first, I need to find a partner who is okay with that. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom