• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scott Allie further abuse allegations

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
We talked about this before, back in 2015 when abuse allegations were made against him. Further allegations have gone public by writer Shawna Gore that appears to go back about 14 years.

Content warning: Even though this article is not explicit, I will say that if you read Shawna Gore’s original Twitter posts included, there are detailed descriptions of sexual assault and sexual harassment.

Links added by me found in another article because this is such a difficult subject: If you are a U.S.-based victim of sexual assault or misconduct in need of help, contact RAINN at 800-656-4673 to be connected with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area. If you are based outside the U.S., click here for a list of international sexual assault resources.

emspace
emspace
Thank you for including the links to help! You are my hero.

Priceless

Scooby
That poor woman, and all the women this sad excuse for a man has abused. It doesn't matter if he was drunk or sober, he sexually assaulted her and made her life a misery.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
What really bothers me is how when allegations are made they are swept aside, alleged abusers are just moved around a bit (so they are still making money and in positions of power and influence within the industry), and often still have access to either the same people they abused or new people in positions that make it easy for them to exert power and abuse. And the silence of others around them is gross as well. I’m reading about questions about that even in this case (Mike Mignola for example and certainly the other folks in charge at Dark Horse). Meanwhile, women and others who may have suffered at his mistreatment see the way anyone gets treated if they speak out and now they have to make a decision about speaking out or keeping their career. It’s a terrible position to be in. The system appears to reward silence and the abusers.

Priceless

Scooby
I hope one day Allie is charged with his crimes and his victims have their day in court. I'm not a fan of seeing people fired for hearsay, even if it's believable and incredibly convincing. That's a slippery slope.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I hope one day Allie is charged with his crimes and his victims have their day in court. I'm not a fan of seeing people fired for hearsay, even if it's believable and incredibly convincing. That's a slippery slope.
Employers have all sorts of codes of conduct that employees must abide by. One doesn’t necessarily have to commit a criminal offense to be fired. For some reason people seem to feel differently about sexual assault/harassment than other things. We have no idea what further corroboration Dark Horse may have gathered. (Also, if you read the Twitter feed, other women start speaking up and not anonymously).

Top Bottom