• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scream season 3

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
from THR

In the works for three and a half years, the retooled third season of Scream is finally going to air — on VH1 instead of its original home on MTV.

The six-episode season of Scream: Resurrection will debut Monday, July 8, and will run for two hours per night, starting at 9 p.m., through Wednesday, July 10. The cable network, which, like MTV, is overseen by Chris McCarthy, has not aired a scripted series in several years. Scream was the last remaining scripted series earmarked for MTV after Teen Wolf wrapped its run a few years ago, though the network previously had announced some development in the space.

The third season of Scream was announced Oct. 14, 2016, with Brett Matthews (The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural) taking over as the drama's third showrunner in as many seasons. The rebooted series also added Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere and Yaneley Arty as exec producers on the series, which features an all-new cast, premise and location. Also new in season three is the actual Ghostface mask, which MTV's Scream had previously been unable to use. Roger Jackson, who voiced the killer in the Scream film franchise, will reprise the role for the VH1 take. This marks the first time the original Ghostface mask will be used on television.

Season three centers on Deion Elliot (RJ Cyler), a local star football running back, whose tragic past comes back to haunt him and threaten his hard-earned plans for the future — and the lives of his unlikely group of friends. The cast also includes Mary J. Blige, Keke Palmer, Tyler Posey, Tyga, Giorgia Whigham, Jessica Sula, C.J. Wallace and Giullian Yao Gioiello. The first-look trailer for season three also reveals that Paris Jackson will guest star.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Yay! I've been waiting for this, for sooo long! It better live even halfway up to my expectations, especially since the first 2 seasons were really good. I'm honestly a bit frightened by the number of familiar faces in it, as the previous seasons did not need to rely on that and it doesn't always mean that something will be good. I guess we'll see.

Spanky

Black Thorn
It's interesting that it's essentially three two-hour movies. That should play out a lot differently. I do think it's funny that Keke Palmer is in it. Just makes me realize how much I miss Scream Queens.

Cohen

Warrior
I’m so looking forward to it. As much as I wish the plot threads of the first two seasons would get resolved, I’m happy for a change too! I hope it does well so we can get a season 4. I think the format change of 6 episodes will be a much better pace too!

Spanky

Black Thorn
I’m so looking forward to it. As much as I wish the plot threads of the first two seasons would get resolved, I’m happy for a change too! I hope it does well so we can get a season 4. I think the format change of 6 episodes will be a much better pace too!
I think airing it as they are doing, and with the shortened season, they are chumming the water to gauge fan interest in continuing it. At least that is my hope. Granted, I did not even bother watching S2 as the first season was... not good, but I have hopes for the show and hopefully this will be the kickstart they need.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I don't have any questions for the first 2 seasons, I think they wrapped everything up nicely. It's why I'm totally okay with a 3rd season that starts fresh.

Cohen

Warrior
I don't have any questions for the first 2 seasons, I think they wrapped everything up nicely. It's why I'm totally okay with a 3rd season that starts fresh.
There was a few cliffhangers in the second season finale. Another killer who killed Kieran. Can’t remember the others right now.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
There was a few cliffhangers in the second season finale. Another killer who killed Kieran. Can’t remember the others right now.
Well, yeah, that was obviously Alex, the guy who was revealed to be a killer at the end of the same episode. I never thought there was any question about that, tbh.

Cohen

Warrior
Kieran was in a jail cell. The killer on the island was no where near Lakewood, and even says so at the end of the finale. Then someone named “Mr. James” checks into a hotel in Lakewood, never revealed on camera. There was a third killer or a different killer than Kieran and Piper.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Well I never got that indication, though I suppose I could look out for that for next time. I've already seen the finale twice, though, so I can't understand how I could've missed it. I'm pretty positive that we're supposed to think that Alex killed Kieran, as some twisted form of revenge on behalf of the girl he wants to 'woo'. Whatever, it's nice to have an excuse for a re-watch ;)

spikenbuffy

"You have superpowers,that's so cool,can you fly?"
I'm a BIG fan of Scream movies, and I've never saw the TV show, but I plan to watch it on Netflix with the account of my brother when I will have the possibililty. Can people tell me if it's good?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I'm a BIG fan of Scream movies, and I've never saw the TV show, but I plan to watch it on Netflix with the account of my brother when I will have the possibililty. Can people tell me if it's good?
I loved the first season, way more than I was expecting (also a big fan of the movies, like you). The second season took about 4 episodes but by then it got just as good as the first one. Definitely worth giving a go :) also has one of the best underrated characters on TV in Audrey.

Cohen

Warrior
I agree. The first two seasons were great! The third season was... different. I liked the faster paced story. The killer was genuinely a surprise. The second season was left on a cliffhanger, and I wish those threads would have been allowed to close.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I agree. The first two seasons were great! The third season was... different. I liked the faster paced story. The killer was genuinely a surprise. The second season was left on a cliffhanger, and I wish those threads would have been allowed to close.
What third season? Has it come out already?

Edit: Holy crap, I just saw that the whole 3rd season has come out, I had no idea! Now I know what to binge this weekend :D

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
For those of you who like a good scream, and if any of you are planning a Halloween to remember, make a recording of a blood curdling scream for Halloween night ' celebrations ' at your home or (tee hee) your neighbours.

Top Bottom