• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Season 10 Overview

fauxindigo

Scooby
How would you describe Season 10 overall?

How would you rate it alongside every other season of BtVS?

What new characters did you like this season?

What characters (old or new) did you love or dislike this season?

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
s10 got me reading. I had seem a few issues here and there of S8&9 and I heard people discussing them but I didn't read regularly until S10. Reading S10 is probably one of the things that brought me to this forum. I was never satisfied with the ending of the show in the sense I needed more spuffy. I love S10&11 because they really feel like a continuation of the story. I guess it's he whole bug ship captain and robot Buffy storylines were too dark fetched so they didn't draw me in the same way.

Priceless

Scooby
Buffy season 10 was an improvement on S9 because Christos Gage was bought on board. He really is a great Buffy writer and captures the characters voices so well.

This season is about dealing with the new magic. Containing it, restricting it and figuring out how to use it in a positive way. It's the scoobies walking a tightrope this season, Dawn is back but not herself, Xander is trying to cope with mental illness, Giles is a teenager, Buffy is trying to be a 'political' leader not just the leader of the military wing of the scoobies :D Spike is walking the tightrope of being a 'good boyfriend' while Willow is trying to be a 'good witch'. It's all a balancing act for every one of them, figuring out who they were, who they are and who they want to be, and what they want their world to be.

I really enjoy it. I actually love the robo-Buffy pregnancy story line as much as I love the whole of S11 :) I think I'm the only one, but it really works for me without getting the story bogged down in 'now we have to see Buffy feeling guilty for having a abortion because that's what's expected' storyline. It works for me the same way as Ted does - we see how Buffy would deal with killing a human, yet we don't need to drag it on over several episodes to show how guilty she is.

I enjoyed Archaeus this season, one of the baddies. I liked that his story line forces a crossover and we get to see Angel, Buffy and Spike together, which works really well.

Xander is brilliant in this season. He's dealing with his issues, he's getting closure with 'Anya' and he's rebuilding his relationship with Dawn, and proving what a great man he can be.

I also love the Spuffy and the references to the AR and that finally being dealt with and when Spike tries to walk away for Buffy's own good, she tells him not to be so stupid and grow up people work through their issues, they don't just walk away at the first sign of trouble :D

This is really a great season and feels like the scoobies are moving forward and growing up.

Somecallmejames

Member of the Church Of Faith
Season 10 was better then 8 and 9. I liked the plot as a whole (except for Dawn, but that's a standard complaint at this point). It's as good as season 1 and 4 (the best season's that are not 2 and 3). I can't recall any new characters. While I still hate Dawn, I like that Anya and Jonathan come back in a way.

sosa lola

Scooby

I enjoyed it a lot. I loved that it focused heavily on Xander and the art was wonderful. It was also very grounded which I also liked opposed to high out there S8 and S9 were.

The only downside was the dialogue. It was too long at times and very preachy. It wasn't as clever as the dialogue in S8 which I felt sounded more like BtVS.

It felt like S4, where Buffy was happy (something we rarely see) and Xander was struggling (something we rarely see on screen/panel). I personally prefer it to a few of the televised seasons.

I liked fake Anya, but I wish she was fleshed out more after it was revealed she wasn't Anya.

I loved all the characters in it, and again I stress the focus on Xander was amazing. I don't think there was ever a season that focused on Xander before so it was so refreshing.

Top Bottom