• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Season 11 Overview

How would you describe Season 11 overall?

How would you rate it alongside every other season of BtVS?

What new characters did you like this season?

What characters (old or new) did you love or dislike this season?

What are your favorite issues this season?

I loved Buffy Season 11. It was only 12 issues and they took the decision to focus mainly on three characters, Buffy, Willow and Spike, and I thought that worked really well.

Overall this season was more political then usual, and was trying to deal with the Trump 'them and us' mentality and about building a wall around the 'others' who are not us, to keep them out or segregated.

I thought it was brilliant. It worked on the political and the personal level. It's the best comic so far, even surpassing A&F S9 imo.

What new characters did you like this season?
There were no new characters that were likeable. Willow began to fall for a new girl, but I didn't think she was a good person. Because it was only a 12 issue season I don't think there was time to build up new characters to make them likeable.

Loved all the old characters. Even liked Andrew because he ran away so we didn't have to see much of him. Really enjoyed Faith, who willingly came to help Buffy and give up her power, which showed real growth in her character and their relationship.

As a Spuffy fan my favourite issue was #12, for this;

Buffy finally tells Spike she loves him and Spike finally accepts it. Perfect :D

That is pretty amazing to see where Buffy & Spike have ended up. Think to how much they have gone through and changed since Season 2!!!It makes me happy because obviously I'm a Spuffy shipper too. What's gone on with Drusilla though? Have we seen her since Angel & Faith Season 9? I haven't read seasons 10 & 11 yet.

That is pretty amazing to see where Buffy & Spike have ended up. Think to how much they have gone through and changed since Season 2!!!It makes me happy because obviously I'm a Spuffy shipper too. What's gone on with Drusilla though? Have we seen her since Angel & Faith Season 9? I haven't read seasons 10 & 11 yet.
It is amazing isn't it? It's been one hell of a journey, absolutely epic, with so many ups and down along the way. I like to think it isn't finished just yet and there are loads more things to explore with the two of them.

Dru makes an appearance in A&F S10, when she works with Archaeus. I think she just runs away during the final battle :) She's not in S11, though there isone issue left, so she may appear.

I'd really recommend reading the comics, especially if you are a Spuffy fan.

zoe

Townie
I really enjoyed and there was moments I couldn´t wait for the next issue, however I do feel that it was necessary more issues cause there were too many things to cover it

So far it's my favorite from the comics

I liked that this season was more focus on Willow I missed that on S10, never been fan of Riley and Sam so I wasn´t very excited to see them again, I was waiting for Faith and I like to see how her relationship with Buffy has change for good, even I didn´t like that she loses her powers cause she´s from the original line of Slayers. Also not fan of Jordan and I would have like to see more consequences for her behavior

I enjoyed the whole season, but my favorites are issue 4,6,7 and all the Spuffy moments in the season, especially from issue 12

I have a question for people who have read this comic. I haven't had the opportunity yet, but I heard the big bad is the government again. For those who have read it, would you say the execution of that is better than when they did it season 4 and are there any similarities/differences in how they went about it this time

I have a question for people who have read this comic. I haven't had the opportunity yet, but I heard the big bad is the government again. For those who have read it, would you say the execution of that is better than when they did it season 4 and are there any similarities/differences in how they went about it this time
It's very different. S11 is only 12 issues so there is a lot packed in, but also the writing team decided to concentrate mainly on three characters, Buffy, Spike and Willow, so if you are a fan of the other characters you may feel short changed.

In S4 The Initiative were the big bad, and they worked for the Govt, but in S11 it's the Govt itself who are the big bad. It was done really well I felt, and was a comment on the Trump govt and how they they have a schizo relationship with minorities, portrayed by the demons in this season.

Buffy is defending demons against the govt, while also fighting against humans and other slayers. It's mostly set in an internment camp known as the safe zone, and setting works really well.

I'm a big fan of the comics, and for me this is the best comic the Buffyverse has ever produced, it takes on current issues and it extends character growth, but it also has a lot of Spuffy, so if that's not your thing you probably won't enjoy it as much as I did.

badsister

i don't like this day
I actually like comics... well season 8 and 11 are the best so far imo. though throughout the series there have been some things that disturbed me but i guess im just so excited about all things buffy that i've just let it slip. but i think s11 had really exciting plot. but i've missed other characters since this one was mostly buffy spike willow centric...still it was better than angel s11