• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Season 6 Rebooted

white avenger

white avenger
Here's a "What If..." scenario for you...

Both shows were cancelled on WB, so Joss moved Buffy over to UPN and signed Angel as a recurring (not regular) character beginning with Season 6. Forget about David's likely objections to going back to supporting cast status after starring in his own show, this is strictly about the characters on the show. David's first appearance will be the 2 weeks after Buffy's resurrection.

So, how would you like the show to have played out?

One condition: you can't write Spike off in any manner. Buffy has two vampires on her team.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Spuffy wouldn't happen for a start.

I'd remove Spike's chip, bring Drusilla and Darla over too and Darla can give birth and survive it. I'd also make Spike evil again so he can go back to his glory days of being happy and in a relationship with Drusilla where the affection goes both ways and they treat each other equally.

Darla giving birth puts Buffy's nose out of joint because Angel's ex has given him the only child that he will ever have. I'd like to think the Whirlwind would form a protective family unit around the new baby like pack animals tend to do eg wolves, lions, etc. Saying that, I would also like to see Darla getting overly protective of Connor particularly in regards to Drusilla (who seems like the type who would always want to play with the baby but wouldn't know when to back off even though she doesn't mean it maliciously- again like in the wild with the baby animals where you have an older one being a bit too rough with a younger one). As a result, Darla wants Angel to find her and Connor a nice little apartment away from Spike and Drusilla which results in Angel and Darla living together, which again upsets Buffy.

In regards to the scoobies, I'd have Dawn actually pulling her weight around the house. She gets a paper round to help contribute to household bills and she turns up to school on time and puts the effort in so social services don't get involved..

Xander talks to Willow about his fears of marrying Anya. He goes through with the wedding, however he and Buffy have an affair (she's doing it because she wants to feel something whilst he's doing it because he's terrified at the prospect of marriage and the responsibility that entails and it's a form of sub-conscious sabotage).

The musical episode would consist of the group going to caritas and singing karaoke for Xander and Anya's joint bachelor(ette) party or one of Xander or Anya's alcohol fuelled dreams after the party.

After the affair with Xander gets found out and ends, Buffy starts to look for other forms of "making herself feel better" and starts to descend into an unhealthy cycle of behaviour. The scoobies become concerned about her and actually try to help her and assist as much as they can as an excuse to keep an eye on her. It eventually comes out that they pulled her out of heaven. Willow starts avoiding Buffy out of shame and guilt but eventually the two women sit down together and talk it out. Willow apologises for what she did whilst Buffy asks for help in getting better.

Xander's marriage to Anya breaks down after his affair and he hits the bottle. He looks in the mirror and sees his father's reflection. He drunkenly decides he doesn't want to be like his father so he gets in the car to talk to his friends and sort things out. He hits Tara with the car and she's rushed to hospital, damaging his friendship with Willow. Tara survives but is now wheelchair bound. She forgives Xander who is beside himself with guilt. Xander is lawfully punished for drink driving (though in a way that keeps him on the show-maybe a ton of community service or a short prison term with a time skip). Tara sets up Willow and Xander to talk things though and eventually they make up.

There will be a couple of monsters of the weeks just to keep up the fight sequences but no apocalypse as it would be a very character driven season. Each character is dealing with a different issue of varying severity (it's not all being thrown at Buffy). There would be a balance between humour and drama.

Clem gets more screentime.

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
hmm! a mixed bag of interesting ideas! Also, "Spuffy wouldn't happen for a start".===WIN!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Hmmm. Okay, Angel is attracted by the sound of those demonic bikers; he sees Willow...and then the resurrected Buffy. Willow feigns ignorance, but Angel knows she had something to do with it. He approaches the confused Buffy, and tries to take her hand. She stares at him for a long time, then slowly relaxes. Angel takes her hand, but whispers to Willow, "We'll talk about this later..."

That's all I have for now.

nightshade

I don't understand your definition of good news
Staff member
Black Thorn
Angel takes her hand, but whispers to Willow, "We'll talk about this later..."
Angel kills Willow and we get Tara going dark, the trio doesn't exist. Buffy is torn, she's returned from heaven, Willow is dead, Xander is teaming up with Spike to kill Angel.

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
that actually sounds exciting!

white avenger

white avenger
Spuffy wouldn't happen for a start.

I'd remove Spike's chip, bring Drusilla and Darla over too and Darla can give birth and survive it. I'd also make Spike evil again so he can go back to his glory days of being happy and in a relationship with Drusilla where the affection goes both ways and they treat each other equally.

Darla giving birth puts Buffy's nose out of joint because Angel's ex has given him the only child that he will ever have. I'd like to think the Whirlwind would form a protective family unit around the new baby like pack animals tend to do eg wolves, lions, etc. Saying that, I would also like to see Darla getting overly protective of Connor particularly in regards to Drusilla (who seems like the type who would always want to play with the baby but wouldn't know when to back off even though she doesn't mean it maliciously- again like in the wild with the baby animals where you have an older one being a bit too rough with a younger one). As a result, Darla wants Angel to find her and Connor a nice little apartment away from Spike and Drusilla which results in Angel and Darla living together, which again upsets Buffy.

In regards to the scoobies, I'd have Dawn actually pulling her weight around the house. She gets a paper round to help contribute to household bills and she turns up to school on time and puts the effort in so social services don't get involved..

Xander talks to Willow about his fears of marrying Anya. He goes through with the wedding, however he and Buffy have an affair (she's doing it because she wants to feel something whilst he's doing it because he's terrified at the prospect of marriage and the responsibility that entails and it's a form of sub-conscious sabotage).

The musical episode would consist of the group going to caritas and singing karaoke for Xander and Anya's joint bachelor(ette) party or one of Xander or Anya's alcohol fuelled dreams after the party.

After the affair with Xander gets found out and ends, Buffy starts to look for other forms of "making herself feel better" and starts to descend into an unhealthy cycle of behaviour. The scoobies become concerned about her and actually try to help her and assist as much as they can as an excuse to keep an eye on her. It eventually comes out that they pulled her out of heaven. Willow starts avoiding Buffy out of shame and guilt but eventually the two women sit down together and talk it out. Willow apologises for what she did whilst Buffy asks for help in getting better.

Xander's marriage to Anya breaks down after his affair and he hits the bottle. He looks in the mirror and sees his father's reflection. He drunkenly decides he doesn't want to be like his father so he gets in the car to talk to his friends and sort things out. He hits Tara with the car and she's rushed to hospital, damaging his friendship with Willow. Tara survives but is now wheelchair bound. She forgives Xander who is beside himself with guilt. Xander is lawfully punished for drink driving (though in a way that keeps him on the show-maybe a ton of community service or a short prison term with a time skip). Tara sets up Willow and Xander to talk things though and eventually they make up.

There will be a couple of monsters of the weeks just to keep up the fight sequences but no apocalypse as it would be a very character driven season. Each character is dealing with a different issue of varying severity (it's not all being thrown at Buffy). There would be a balance between humour and drama.

Clem gets more screen time.
I like this, but you're gonna have to work around Darla's lack of a soul/maternal instincts once Connor is born. That was the reason she staked herself, so that she wouldn't revert back to being evil. Just figure out how she can remain good without Connor's soul (maybe his soul continues to influence her when he's nearby or within a given distance, or they find a convenient Mora demon lurking around nearby and harvest some of its blood)

(What? You thought that I was gonna object to Spike going evil?)

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I like this, but you're gonna have to work around Darla's lack of a soul/maternal instincts once Connor is born. That was the reason she staked herself, so that she wouldn't revert back to being evil. Just figure out how she can remain good without Connor's soul (maybe his soul continues to influence her when he's nearby or within a given distance, or they find a convenient Mora demon lurking around nearby and harvest some of its blood)

(What? You thought that I was gonna object to Spike going evil?)
I think Darla would actually love Connor even though she's soulless especially as we've seen two soulless vampire couples love each other and stay together for over a century (Sprusilla and James/Elizabeth). Darla assumed she wouldn't be able to love Connor and wanted to avoid that, but as a vampire has never given birth before, the truth is nobody knows how things will go. My logic is that Darla is maternal to Connor because he's hers and so she is protective of him like any mother (including in the wild) is protective of her young. Also the fact that Connor now ties Angel to her permanently is something that Darla would want to exploit.

white avenger

white avenger
Also the fact that Connor now ties Angel to her permanently is something that Darla would want to exploit.
That, if nothing else, I suppose. Angel could have managed to convince her, before Connor was born, that he would have prevented her from making their child a midnight snack ("I love babies, I could just eat 'em up") if she got ever a bad case of the nibbles some night.

It would also be interesting to see how Angel would manage to keep his new spouse on a strict non-human diet and insure that Mommy didn't instill too many evil traits in their new little bundle of joy.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
That, if nothing else, I suppose. Angel could have managed to convince her, before Connor was born, that he would have prevented her from making their child a midnight snack ("I love babies, I could just eat 'em up") if she got ever a bad case of the nibbles some night.
That's the reason why I think Darla would be so overly protective of Connor when Drusilla is in the vicinity because Dru is the most likely one that would harm the kid, though not necessarily in a premeditated malicious manner. Spike wouldn't want anything to do with Connor but Dru would be the one constantly wanting to play with the baby.

Darla wouldn't be a physical risk to Connor.

It would also be interesting to see how Angel would manage to keep his new spouse on a strict non-human diet and insure that Mommy didn't instill too many evil traits in their new little bundle of joy.
That's where the conflict would come in between Angel and Buffy.

white avenger

white avenger
Spike wouldn't want anything to do with Connor but Dru would be the one constantly wanting to play with the baby.
On the other hand, a schemer like evil Spike would jump at the idea of exploiting Angel's new found protectiveness of Darla at every opportunity to Buffy. It wouldn't be past him to pretend to be good ol' "Uncle Spike" where Darla was concerned, supporting her desire to raise her child like a "proper" vampire. Angel would be driven to distraction trying to protect his new family from both Spike and Dru and Buffy and the Scoobies, with Giles trying to go behind Buffy's back to "set things right." Diabolical.

This could be played with equal elements of drama, tragedy,and even comedy. As much as I like Spike as a good guy, this could have had great possibilities.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
On the other hand, a schemer like evil Spike would jump at the idea of exploiting Angel's new found protectiveness of Darla at every opportunity to Buffy. It wouldn't be past him to pretend to be good ol' "Uncle Spike" where Darla was concerned, supporting her desire to raise her child like a "proper" vampire. Angel would be driven to distraction trying to protect his new family from both Spike and Dru and Buffy and the Scoobies, with Giles trying to go behind Buffy's back to "set things right." Diabolical.

This could be played with equal elements of drama, tragedy,and even comedy. As much as I like Spike as a good guy, this could have had great possibilities.
Darla never held a high opinion of Spike so I doubt she'd want him near the baby either, he'd be more annoyed by how she treats Dru. You could see Dru getting Connor a present of a dead mouse and Darla completely having a go at her about how unhygienic it is.

Giles' actions would definitely cause even more of a split between the vampires and the scoobies with Buffy and Angel caught in the middle.

white avenger

white avenger
Darla never held a high opinion of Spike
True, she mostly saw Spike as just Dru's cuddle toy, but she never saw him as any sort of threat, for exactly that same reason. It would be that concept of harmlessness that he could utilize to get into her good favors, especially if he could manage to get her an occasional "happy meal on legs" without Angel finding out about it. Remember, this is the Spike who came up with the ploy that almost split up the Scoobies in "The Yoko Factor." Don't sell him short as a schemer.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
True, she mostly saw Spike as just Dru's cuddle toy, but she never saw him as any sort of threat, for exactly that same reason. It would be that concept of harmlessness that he could utilize to get into her good favors, especially if he could manage to get her an occasional "happy meal on legs" without Angel finding out about it. Remember, this is the Spike who came up with the ploy that almost split up the Scoobies in "The Yoko Factor." Don't sell him short as a schemer.
There's no reason for Spike to bother with Darla and the baby. Sure he could wind Buffy up about Angel having a child with Darla, but he has no reason to be involved in the caring of Connor because he has nothing to gain from it. He screwed up Darla's plan at the gypsy campsite by killing the family that Darla was trying to use as a bargaining chip and he really didn't give a damn. Darla has no control over Spike which would make him a potential threat to the baby. Keeping Dru under control is the way to keeping Spike on a leash but if Darla's being horrible to Dru over the baby then that is going to antagonise Spike. Plus I don't think he'd be to happy having his sleep disturbed by a crying infant or being told he can't smoke or drink because of the baby. If anything he'd say to Darla "my house, my rules, if you don't like it then piss off! And take the screaming brat with you!" which again Darla would use to convince Angel to get a place for her and Connor or let them live with him. Angel isn't going to say no because he knows that Spike and Dru can be dangerous and Darla would definitely play up that angle.

white avenger

white avenger
Sure he could wind Buffy up about Angel having a child with Darla, but he has no reason to be involved in the caring of Connor because he has nothing to gain from it. He screwed up Darla's plan at the gypsy campsite by killing the family that Darla was trying to use as a bargaining chip and he really didn't give a damn.
But Spike would gain simply by being the thorn in Angel's flesh, something that he took great pleasure in doing, as we saw illustrated on several occasions on "Buffy," and even more in the final Season of Angel's own show. Plus, he would take sadistic pleasure in playing Angel off a against his former main squeeze, Buffy. And, in defense of him killing the Gypsy, I got the feeling that it was more either him not knowing that they were a bargaining chip, to be kept alive, and therefore just an available snack while Darla negotiated with the tribe, or sheer drunken stupidity rather than not caring.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
But Spike would gain simply by being the thorn in Angel's flesh, something that he took great pleasure in doing, as we saw illustrated on several occasions on "Buffy," and even more in the final Season of Angel's own show. Plus, he would take sadistic pleasure in playing Angel off a against his former main squeeze, Buffy. And, in defense of him killing the Gypsy, I got the feeling that it was more either him not knowing that they were a bargaining chip, to be kept alive, and therefore just an available snack while Darla negotiated with the tribe, or sheer drunken stupidity rather than not caring.
Spike could still do that without actually having to be involved with raising Connor. Angel is going to be talking to Darla regularly and it is that regular contact that Spike can use to wind up Buffy. However, Spike isn't going to want Angel anywhere near Dru so getting rid of Darla and the baby is more beneficial to Spike. He gets Dru to himself plus he can use the power of suggestion to upset Buffy in regards to Angel and Darla's living arrangements because there's no one to confirm nor deny what he's saying. Darla would quite happily have Angel back, and Spike would only have to suggest to Buffy that Darla and Angel are getting "cosy, what with being holed up together and all" for Buffy to start thinking the worst. Angel won't help matters because if Buffy does ask him about it, he'd say it's just purely about Connor but the suggestion Spike has planted in Buffy's mind is that it's actually something more. Darla would "confirm" it because that's what she wants and all she has to do is spin the lie that Angel didn't want to upset Buffy by telling her the truth and there is no one else around to say "that's not what's happening" because Darla and Angel are living alone together.

Spike doesn't bother with Angel so long as Angel stays out of his way (as seen in Season 2), it's only when the two of them cross paths that the clashes happen.

I agree Spike didn't know that Darla was using the gypsy family as a bargaining chip but he also wasn't apologetic about his actions.

white avenger

white avenger
Angel is going to be talking to Darla regularly and it is that regular contact that Spike can use to wind up Buffy.
Okay, my misunderstanding. I thought that you were having Angel, Darla, and Connor living together as some sort of vampire version of a family unit, Angel being the sort of old school guy who would want to "do the right thing," after getting Darla pregnant. That in itself changes the whole perspective.

Spike didn't know that Darla was using the gypsy family as a bargaining chip but he also wasn't apologetic about his actions.
By that point, Darla wouldn't have been looking for any sort of apology anyhow. I was just trying to give Spike the benefit of the doubt and imagine that he made some sort of lame excuse later ("Well, hell, you just said to watch him. You didn't say I couldn't eat him while I was watching. I got hungry.")

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Okay, my misunderstanding. I thought that you were having Angel, Darla, and Connor living together as some sort of vampire version of a family unit, Angel being the sort of old school guy who would want to "do the right thing," after getting Darla pregnant. That in itself changes the whole perspective.
Darla would initially be living with Spike and Dru in the crypt with Angel paying regular visits. However, Darla would feel that Connor isn't safe around Spike or Dru so she persuades Angel to let her and Connor live with him. Angel agrees because it means he gets to keep a closer eye on his son. Spike then uses Angel's visits and the subsequent having Darla move in with him by planting the suggestion in Buffy's mind that there is more going on between Angel and Darla than just looking after Connor.

white avenger

white avenger
However, Darla would feel that Connor isn't safe around Spike or Dru so she persuades Angel to let her and Connor live with him. Angel agrees because it means he gets to keep a closer eye on his son.
Assuming that Angel has moved back into the abandoned mansion, I could see Spike and Dru trying to move in with them. Dru isn't much of a crypt girl anyhow, and her argument would be that they all lived there together back in Season 2, so it's as much her home as his (they almost certainly all had a hand in killing the former residents, after all)

(If we keep this up, we're gonna run into Season 7 soon)

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Assuming that Angel has moved back into the abandoned mansion, I could see Spike and Dru trying to move in with them. Dru isn't much of a crypt girl anyhow, and her argument would be that they all lived there together back in Season 2, so it's as much her home as his (they almost certainly all had a hand in killing the former residents, after all)

(If we keep this up, we're gonna run into Season 7 soon)
Dru was quite happy living in the warehouse with Spike in Season 2, and over on Angel she asked Darla if they could buy the abandoned building that Angel sets them on fire in, describing it as "Dank and dark. It reeks of death". I think she would be quite happy living in the crypt. She might suggest moving in with Angel and Darla but Spike would say no and the fact is that Darla moved to get Connor away from Dru so she'd say no as well. Angel would also probably say no.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Didn't Giles burn that place down when Angelus killed Jenny? That's why they moved into the mansion. Or has my old mind finally slipped its last cog?
Giles did burn it down. The point I was making was that Dru was happy to live there despite it not being a luxurious mansion.

Top Bottom