• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Season 6 Rebooted

white avenger

white avenger
Giles did burn it down. The point I was making was that Dru was happy to live there despite it not being a luxurious mansion.
Okay, we can analyze this to death, but it's really not that big a thing. Dru would probably be with Spike, wherever they chose to lurk, but she would still be wanting to be as close to "Daddy" as he and Darla would allow.

What would you think of bringing Wes in to stand in for Giles while he is away in England? Giles leaving Buffy all alone in the condition he knew her to be in has always irked me. With the other show canceled, he would have been available, and, with Angel already there, he might actually have a legitimate excuse for showing up.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
Willow, Fred and Tara all decide to become polyamorous together. Xander finally gets the point that he's useless and leaves to start a spin-off show in Brooklyn where he can tell all the unfunny jokes he likes with his wacky collection of culture-gentrifying, irony-inducing, attention starved hipster friends. Spike trips over his own feet and stakes himself over somebody's white picket yard fence. Buffy laughs so hard she dies laughing and returns to the paradise she just left behind and never looks back. Giles picks up Spike's jacket, brushes off the layer of dust, shrugs his shoulders and decides he's got a lot of better things to do with his time than babysit a bunch of children who refuse to grow up, so he flies back to where he came from. Angel sets up shop in Sunnydale to finish off the eventual threat of The First that lies on the horizon. Gunn and Wes help him out. Cordy gets a vision of the character assassination that the writers of the show are plotting against her so she chooses to pursue her true destiny, the celebrity lifestyle that she's spurned all this time.

Okay, okay, sorry to digress. I couldn't help myself for a minute there. My next post will take the question seriously, promise

white avenger
white avenger
Only rule was, "You can't write off Spike. Buffy has a 2 vampire team." Spike can be evil, but he can't be eliminated. That would make it too easy.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Okay, we can analyze this to death, but it's really not that big a thing. Dru would probably be with Spike, wherever they chose to lurk, but she would still be wanting to be as close to "Daddy" as he and Darla would allow.
Dru doesn't actually seem to care about Angel when he's Angel, it's only when he's Angelus or shows traits of Angelus (eg when he left the lawyers to die by locking them in) that her attitude changes.

What would you think of bringing Wes in to stand in for Giles while he is away in England? Giles leaving Buffy all alone in the condition he knew her to be in has always irked me. With the other show canceled, he would have been available, and, with Angel already there, he might actually have a legitimate excuse for showing up.
Giles had to be written off somehow because ASH wanted to go back to England for a bit, but there needed to be a much better reason for Giles leaving than what we got. Giles would never choose to leave Buffy in such a state (especially when he's recently learned that she was dragged out of heaven) so it needed to be that he had no choice in the matter. He had to leave rather than choosing to leave.

Bringing Wesley in would make sense, especially with Angel in town because it is likely his team would follow him to Sunnydale. However, having Wesley take on Giles role in any form would make it seem that you're just replacing one English man with another in which case why bother getting rid of the original. It's one of the reasons I dislike Kennedy so much- they killed off one lesbian lover (Tara) only to replace her with another, only they chose to replace Tara with an obnoxious, self-entitled, arrogant brat. Why not just keep Tara around? Hell killing Xander would've sent Willow off the deep end but at least he'd be irreplaceable. Have Giles be the one to lose an eye (he apparently didn't need his glasses in Season 7, plus it would make the something blue spell unintended foreshadowing.

white avenger

white avenger
having Wesley take on Giles role in any form would make it seem that you're just replacing one English man with another
By "standing in" for Giles, I only meant as a source for research, maybe helping out at the Magic Box, not actually becoming Buffy's replacement Watcher. After all, Wes tried that once, and sucked at it. That was, however, the "Wesley" character, as opposed to "Wes," as he was played on "Angel," if you get my meaning. Wes would have been handy to have around in a fight. There's just something about two .45 automatics and a pump 12 gauge shotgun that spells "dangerous."

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
By "standing in" for Giles, I only meant as a source for research, maybe helping out at the Magic Box, not actually becoming Buffy's replacement Watcher.
It's still a bit replaceng one English man with another though. If Wesley came over and had a different role from Giles, it wouldn't be an issue, but having one character replaced with an extremely similar charcter doing the same thing is a bit obvious.

white avenger

white avenger
but having one character replaced with an extremely similar character doing the same thing is a bit obvious.
But just how similar was Wes, at that point, to Giles? He wasn't Wesley, the totally useless Watcher, he was Wes, the man who had become Angel's trusted right hand (Remember, this is before the whole Connor kidnapping, which almost certainly wouldn't have happened if Angel had changed shows). Angel would be glad to have him here, if no one else did.

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Oh, lord this would be difficult scenario!

I'm really interested in how Angel would have handled Buffy back from the dead. Specifically, how differently he would have handled it then Spike did?

How would Angel handle Buffy sleeping with Spike? Yowza, I can't even imagine!

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I choose to believe that Dawn looked up to Cordelia as a child, and Cordy would have moved in with the Summers to help care for her. Granted, by care, I refer to that one episode of "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" where Chole becomes legal guardian to a foster child. As for Angel? Well, I think that was the year when Charity found a gateway to hell in her closet opened by Kay, who latter took on her form to seduce Miguel, which isn't technically rape because Passions, and latter on, Julian and Theresa would get married, and she would have to hide that from Ethan, meanwhile, Sheridan meets Antonio while stricken with amnesia. But frankly, what's Angel's journey? He's an adult, he has a stash of a vampire gold somewhere, he would totally get in the way of Joss's lesson that being an adult in your early twenties sucks.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
But just how similar was Wes, at that point, to Giles?
Both men had become "rougher" since the early days of Buffy (with apparently improved eyesight where they didn't need glasses anymore) so they're still on the same trajectory, even if it's dressed up in different ways.

But frankly, what's Angel's journey? He's an adult, he has a stash of a vampire gold somewhere, he would totally get in the way of Joss's lesson that being an adult in your early twenties sucks.
That "lesson" sucked. Buffy had everything thrown at her but the kitchen sink. It shouldn't be a case of you turn twenty and your life goes to hell. I'm surprised Joss didn't have Willow become a prostitute to fund her "habit" with Rack being her pimp. That's a more realistic portrayal of drug abuse than what the show did. "Oh yeah, Willow is totally addicted to magic and needs to give it up like any addict would need to do, but it's ok, she's totally fine with using it next season because she's over her addiction! By the way, because magic equals drugs now, it's totally Tara's fault that Willow got so heavily involved in magic in the first place. She was dabbling anyway but it was Tara who introduced her to the good stuff! So in a way, people shouldn't get too upset about Tara's death because it's karma, plus we've got a new love interest for Willow that people are just gong to love! We're just so good to our fans!"

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
RE: Vision: IMHO a lot of Season Six works a lot better if it's seen as the events of several years, and Buffy's depression only made it seem like one year had passed. I mean, it's not like the series was tied to the School Year anymore, and arguably, Angel used a time skip with Connor.

Top Bottom