• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Season 7 successes?

Honoria Dedlock

Potential
- I'm in the minority here, but I liked the potentials...and while I loathed Kennedy, it was interesting to see an outsider rock the boat.

- The Anya episode has some of her best moments and is the single best episode of the season.

- Willow becoming compassionate for once.

- The epsidoe about spikes mother has some great flashbacks.

- Conversations with dead people is a masterpiece.

- Faith!

- There's a really sense of an end of an era... honestly, I didn't even feel the scoobies were even friends anymore at this point, but that's probably a good thing.

The main problem is similar to season 4...a very weak overarching plot but there are still some gems in the rough. A better big bad would have solved a lot...the vengeance demons, rogue potential slayers, Amy jointing a dark powerful coven of witchesh..hell even the return of Drusilla would have been better than the first evil.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
- It's got the best horror elements out of the whole show. The bringers and the ubervamp were the most terrfiying monsters. Maybe it's because season 7 is the first season I saw and I was little but to this day I consider season seven to have the most frightening and tense setups.
- Faith's return.
- The soundtrack.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
The return of Faith and her interactions with Buffy, it wasn’t essential for me, but I would’ve hated their relationship to have been left ”unresolved”

Same for Spuffy, though I would have loved a return of evil Spike, I wanted a satisfying resolution to their relationship got that

Selfless, long overdue.

Buffy, Dawn and Xander relationship.

Final core four interaction in Chosen before walking into battle.

Return of Angel, even if a bit crow-barred into that particular episode and could’ve used more thought.

The First’s reveal to Spike in the basement at the end of Lessons, great intro.

Him. Classic Btvs fun episode. Pure win. Also, reminds us that Dawnie is all grown up

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
This was tough, as I consider Season 7 to be the weakest of the series, but nonetheless there are some things that it does right.

* I really enjoy seeing Willows recovery while she is in England, and some of the character development that she has in the beginning half of the season. She is much more humble and vulnerable, and it's quite refreshing to be honest.

* "Same Time, Same Place," "Selfless," and "CWDP", are excellent, and rank pretty high on my favorite episodes list.
"Him" is by far, one of the funniest episodes of the series, and I always enjoy watching it.

* The Faith and Buffy moments.

* I think overall, "Chosen" is a pretty decent series finale.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Season 7 is one of the weaker seasons, but I honestly enjoy a lot of the episodes. I love Selfless and wish we had gotten more of Anya's back story, earlier. I like Dawn a lot in this season. I like some of the potentials, and I like the concept of The First evil. I love the return of Faith and her interactions with everyone! I like the Spike and Anya stuff. I think Spike has a good character arc in season 7. While it's petulant and petty I do love Angel and Spike being jealous of each other in regards to Buffy. Buffy saying they could wrestle in oil is great! I would watch that. lol. While the overall story plot doesn't work for me in season 7, I still enjoy a lot of it.

katmobile

Scooby
I like season seven I know it's not a popular opinion around here especially combined with not being a huge fan of Conversations with Dead People. I don't like the Dawn part it doesn't do anything other than give Dawn something to do and sow a false seed and give Dawn something to focus on herself over. I do like how they develop Dawn though - we don't get much of her but after Him what we get is good and I like how she's the tell it like is girl and watcher junior.
I keep meaning to rewatch Same Time, Same Place such a clever and moving episode, love Help, love Cassie. I agree on Selfless though and I mostly like the character stuff although in retrospect I can see why people dislike Kennedy and I hate Rona. I wish they'd done more with Anya trying to find herself and less of blaming Buffy - that got tedious.
I also like we finally get a explanation for the slayer power in Get It Done. I love the flipped perspective and message of Storyteller. Faith back in the mix and I love Spike's arc. I like Robin's character and what he adds to the lore. I love Chosen.

I don't think the arc is as bad as season four's. It has some inconsistencies and some annoying let's just put this in to play with expectations of who's evil. Ok it's not season three but that had a lot of subplots and standalones. I do think it stands and falls by what you think so specific characters though and if you believe in forgiveness and redemption. I can see how that results in variable mileage.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Conversations with Dead People and Same Time, Same Place. I remember a scene in there of Spike leading Buffy down to a basement and a bunch of vampires erupt out of the dirt floor...wish there'd been more scenes like that through the entire series.

There are some almost poetic scenes of dialog (often playing off each other) as well, but I can't remember those enough.

katmobile

Scooby
Conversations with Dead People and Same Time, Same Place. I remember a scene in there of Spike leading Buffy down to a basement and a bunch of vampires erupt out of the dirt floor...wish there'd been more scenes like that through the entire series.

There are some almost poetic scenes of dialog (often playing off each other) as well, but I can't remember those enough.
It's Sleeper. I think Sleeper's a really good episode and Never Leave Me too.

Priceless
Priceless
Sleeper is my favourite episode of S7

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
That sign that Spike always used to knock down with his car? It finally went down and stayed down.

BTW it was nice to see that the population that started at 38,500 eventually went to 32,000 so somebody had a brain.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I thought Same Time, Same Place was a great episode. Gnarl is probably the creepiest monster in the entire series.

Caleb was a breath of fresh air for the season and should've turned up sooner.

The First taking on the guise of Warren and Jonathan. It's just funny that this supposedly supreme evil entity is saying things like "Don't think about Babe". It does however also prove that Andrew needs the rest of the trio to play off because otherwise he's a bit adrift.

Spike's death scene was heartbreaking (even if he did get ressurected).

Priceless

Scooby
Buffy and Spike really work in S7 and their relationship becomes more stable and mature.
Dawn is great throughout.
Buffy frees herself from Giles, which she has to do to become an adult.
This is Xander's best season, he's become a kinder, more considerate and mature man who doesn't let his emotions overwhelm him.
I like the idea of Robin and a slayer having a child, it opens up all possibilities to Buffy
To share the power is a wonderful idea to end the show on.
Willow becomes a goddess, Anya and Spike sacrifice themselves for humanity and achieve redemption and Faith and Buffy become friends.

Mylie

Scooby
Dawn's evolution into a mature contributing member of the team
Faith's return and Buffy and Faith coming to an understanding of each other before the end of the series
Anya feels like a more developed character, outside of Xander
The cookie dough speech
Ending the series with Buffy smiling in the sun, surrounded by friends, while looking at the remains of Sunnydale

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
There was a brilliant bit of dialogue from Spike in the basement of the school where he is talking to Buffy and Willow separately and since he can see them but they can only see him and not each other, it seems like he is insane but he is actually talking to two people who hear his side of both conversations. Buffy's side is in Lessons and Willow's is in Same Time, Same Place where Spike says:

SPIKE
Everyone's talking to me. No one's talking to each other.

Once we see what is happening, Spike is not as insane as we think - he is carrying on a conversation with two people who can't see each other.

Also, the janitor in Lessons says, "Get out! Get out! Get out!" just like Dawn did.

Top Bottom