• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Season 8 Overview

fauxindigo

Scooby
How would you describe Season 10 overall?

How would you rate it alongside every other season of BtVS?

What new characters did you like this season?

What characters (old or new) did you love or dislike this season?

What are your favorite episodes/issues this season?

Somecallmejames

Member of the Church Of Faith
Season 8 was alright. It started off good, but went downhill over time, especially when it was revealed that Angel was Twilight.

It's better then season 6 (the worst season), it's as good as season 7 (the 2nd worst seasom).

I liked Satsu.

The only character I did not like, was Dawn. I have always hated her, and she was as whiny and annoying as she always was.

My favourite issues were 'No future for you'. As my favourite character (Faith) but there was no Dawn.

fauxindigo

Scooby
*whoops, my original post is for Season 10. Obviously this thread is for Season 8!

How would you describe Season 8 overall?
Very grand, dramatic and at times perhaps too over the top for its own good.

Since it was the first comic season, it was naturally a balls to the wall affair and that turns a lot of people off but for those who love fantasy and recognize those elements in the Buffyverse, Season 8 totally makes sense. I know the comic seasons don't even compare to the television seasons to some people but for me Season 8 is a favorite along with Angel & Faith Season 9, Angel Seasons 2, 4 & 5 & BtVS Seasons 3, 4 & 5

Bay, Kumiko, Simone, Renee & Leah

Buffy & Willow ( love how powerful they are this season), Oz, Dawn (loved her freaky transformations), Satsu, Genevieve & Fray! I also liked Xander & Faith this season.

No Future for You
Wolves at the Gate
Time of Your Life
Retreat (loved seeing Oz again)

The Ferg

Scooby
Flawed, but fun, and took the characters and story into very interesting (and controversial) directions.

It's hard to say, seeing as my ranking is changing as I rewatch them, but it's definitely one of my personal favorite seasons. It blows S9-11 out of the water, and while I don't think it can come close to my love for BS4-7, I think I might actually slightly prefer S8 over the high school years. That's not to say it's better, because it's unequivocally not, but personally, S8 is probably a tad more enjoyable than S1-3.

I love Satsu and really kind of fell in love with Renee. Amy, Warren, The Master, and Willow's lesbian goddess lover (forgot her name) were good additions and Twilight was really quite menacing and enigmatic until the 'twist.' Dracula was perfectly utilized as well.

I enjoyed everyone's arc besides Dawn's, which came off as a little pointless. Xander/Dawn's relationship was mildly interesting.

Wolves at the Gate is one of my favorite "episodes" from the entire show/series.
Other than that, the first 20 issues are really fantastic, and Long Way Home will always hold a special place in my heart for being the first comic I ever read.

sosa lola

Scooby

Too grand and out there. Buffy wasn't kidding when she said, "The thing about changing the world… once you do it, the world’s all different." The gang was scattered all over the world, and eventually they found their way back to each other - which I liked. I didn't like the out there aspects like Giant Dawn, I wouldn't mind a storyline where Dawn was cursed, but I wish she was cursed with something less huge.

I enjoyed it way more than S6 and S7.

Satsu and Renee were really great. I liked Leah and Rewona, too, but they weren't featured a lot. I wish they had gotten more focus.

I loved Xander a lot this season. A great improvement from the asshole of S6 and the invisible man of S7. He was back to being a main character!! I don't blame Buffy for having a crush on him. I also enjoyed the Faith/Giles friendship! Dracula was perfect!! I hated him in S5, but he was such an interesting character in S8.

I didn't like what they did to Angel's character. That was just bad. Also the whole Angel/Buffy creating their own heaven storyline and the seed of wonder were the stupidest things I've ever read. One more thing I didn't enjoy was the Xander/Dawn reveal, I hated that they were written from Buffy's POV. I wanted to see the build up. Who kissed who first? Who made the first move? Were they concerned about the others' reaction to their developing feelings?

Wolves at the Gate
The Long Way Home
Retreat
No Future For You

Top Bottom