• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spoiler! Season Three Finale

NatRosenberg

Bored in Budapest
Sineya
The two-part season finale, "Absolution" and "Ascension", aired Tuesday evening. It was packed with action and banter along with a few surprises, and, of course, the answer to the question that's been teased for a while now: who will die? Spoilers ahead! (Obviously.)

In my opinion, the episodes were good, but not great. There were a few really enjoyable moments, mostly small things such as Mack's shotgun-axe and "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi." There were also several heartwrenching scenes, almost too many. The story arc was wrapped up with a nice little bow, leading to a few sneak-peaks of the next season.

So, Lincoln died. I can't say I was expecting it and I also don't have any big issue with it, but here are few thoughts, all the same:
  1. It seemed almost like a cop-out. Sure, Lincoln's been here for a while, but I was hoping for and expecting a death that would really impact both the team and the fans. As much as they tried, his death just doesn't achieve that.
  2. There was a bit of deja vu. The season two finale consisted of Simmons "death" and season three began by showcasing its impact on Fitz. Now we have Daisy mourning Lincoln, and, by the looks of it, going rebel as well. Also, anyone reminded of another scene in the MCU where two lovers had to say goodbye over coms because the guy was gonna die in a plane?
  3. I am kind of sad to see Lincoln go. Not because he was a great character, but because I like the actor, Luke Mitchell, and I think he could have done well on the show if given some good material to work with. Oh well, hopefully he'll show up soon with something even better.
Now, on to the previews of next season:
  1. Darth Daisy. Really? We've seen this already. And of course, Coulson's trying to stop her, but (I bet) wanting to protect her at the same time. Personally, I think the show has put too much focus on Skye/Daisy. She was a good character at first, but for all of this season I've just been tired of her. And now it looks like season four is going to be another (her third?) redemption arc.
  2. I'm happy to see that Radcliffe will be back in season four, he's an unexpectedly enjoyable character. That being said, I was really disappointed when I saw he was making an AI. It may just be the current season of The 100, but I'm tired of all the focus on artificial intelligence, and how it might take over the world.
Overall, the finale was about what I expected, though I do think it could have been better. From what I've seen, season four looks disappointing, but I'll continue watching for a while in hopes that I will be proved wrong. So, what are your views on the finale? Are you sad to see Lincoln go? What about season four, do you plan to continue watching?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Kind of agree. They dragged out the Zombie Ward story line. I think that they should've just have Lash kill him. Also I thought that they said that only that contraption could kill him.
Was it just that that was just as far as Zombie Ward knew. He seemed surprised by Lash. Maybe we're too assume that being blown up by a big old bomb (especially in space) will do the trick.
I don't think that Daisy's bad now, just needed an extended break or was finished with SHIELD. Read that the spinoff is dead (again). Maybe Bobbi & Hunter will return in season 4?

NatRosenberg

Bored in Budapest
Sineya
The way I understood it, it was very hard (but not impossible) to kill him and even if his body died he could jump into someone else. I guess with it being in space, and both bodies incinerated by the bomb there was no one else to jump into. But, yeah, it wasn't really explained all that well.

I'd be really happy if Hunter and Bobbi did come back, not sure if they will. I got the impression that Daisy was "bad" because of the newspapers showing that she had blown up buildings and such and the fact that Colson and co. were trying to catch her. There may be more to it though.

Priceless

Scooby
Well that explains why Lincoln existed. He was written with little personality and his relationship with Daisy was dull at best. But now it's all been explained - his only purpose was to be killed off. So glad it was him and no one I actually liked. ;)

I enjoyed both episodes, the highlight for me being the fight between Daisy and Hive. Also liked Radcliffe, and would be happy if he stuck around.

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
What I liked most about the episodes, except none of my favourites dying, was when Hive and Lincoln both had accepted their fate and just calmly waited it out. I won't miss Hive/Ward or Lincoln but I'll miss the actors if that makes sense. I'll continue to watch next season. I think there's more to Daisy than the little we got to see. I'm however more interested in who the new director is. Has Cobie Smulders anything to do or can we be so lucky (in my opinion) that Maria Hill has taken that position.

1. I'm happy to see that Radcliffe will be back in season four, he's an unexpectedly enjoyable character. That being said, I was really disappointed when I saw he was making an AI.
I like John Hannah so I'm glad that he'll be around. As for the AI there's a lot of talk among fans that it'll be or at least become LMD, Life model decoys, who play a huge part in the comics. Life-Model Decoy If that turns out to be the case or not remains to be seen. Just don't make a Ward or Lincoln copy.

The way I understood it, it was very hard (but not impossible) to kill him and even if his body died he could jump into someone else. I guess with it being in space, and both bodies incinerated by the bomb there was no one else to jump into.
That's how I saw it too.

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
My bad memory... Where there any finale decision on how to deal with the Inhumans and the superhero registering act? Could that be why Daisy is hunted like a criminal?

NatRosenberg

Bored in Budapest
Sineya
My bad memory... Where there any finale decision on how to deal with the Inhumans and the superhero registering act? Could that be why Daisy is hunted like a criminal?
Hmm, I guess it could. I don't think there was really any conclusion, but there was talk about registering them and if she refused... Honestly, that makes a lot of sense.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Lincoln DIED!! :D:p *whoop!*

But that was the best thing about these last few episodes which mostly disappointed.

Several things:
- the 'primatives' were a terrible idea. They basically turned Hive into another rent-a-villain, who didn't want to evolve people into inhumans like Daisy or Lincoln- with their own unique cool powers (that was at least interesting)- Hive just wanted minions. And not very good minions at that.
- Lash dying was deeply ani-climactic, and was Daisy's rescue.
- The fact that Lincoln was killed off (along with Hive- as expected) proved once and for all that this wasn't really a Joss show. The death wasn't shocking or tragic or meaningful, it just happened. Lots (and lots) of tearful conversations over the radio didn't really move me I have to say.
- The next season seems to be focusing a lot on Daisy- AGAIN- I hoped that after this season- where we had more balance with all the characters- things would stay that way. Apparently not but I'll wait and see.
If Bobbi and Hunter weren't coming back I'd probably give up on this. It's not a bad show, it just isn't particularly great, its fairly predictaby plotted and the script is variable.
There's a lot of competition out there, lots of better shows that are worth watching that don't have the budgets to create something so...average.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
If Bobbi and Hunter weren't coming back I'd probably give up on this. It's not a bad show, it just isn't particularly great, its fairly predictaby plotted and the script is variable.
I only watched S3. I think this show is very shallow(in a non-entertaining way). A lot of what happened were downright silly. It's awkward silliness, not adorable silliness. It's like the middle of Buffy S7 being prolonged as a season.

NatRosenberg

Bored in Budapest
Sineya
I like John Hannah so I'm glad that he'll be around. As for the AI there's a lot of talk among fans that it'll be or at least become LMD, Life model decoys, who play a huge part in the comics. Life-Model Decoy If that turns out to be the case or not remains to be seen. Just don't make a Ward or Lincoln copy.
Hmm, I didn't know about that. Could be interesting.

Several things:
- the 'primatives' were a terrible idea. They basically turned Hive into another rent-a-villain, who didn't want to evolve people into inhumans like Daisy or Lincoln- with their own unique cool powers (that was at least interesting)- Hive just wanted minions. And not very good minions at that.
- Lash dying was deeply ani-climactic, and was Daisy's rescue.
- The fact that Lincoln was killed off (along with Hive- as expected) proved once and for all that this wasn't really a Joss show. The death wasn't shocking or tragic or meaningful, it just happened. Lots (and lots) of tearful conversations over the radio didn't really move me I have to say.
- The next season seems to be focusing a lot on Daisy- AGAIN- I hoped that after this season- where we had more balance with all the characters- things would stay that way. Apparently not but I'll wait and see.
There's a lot of competition out there, lots of better shows that are worth watching that don't have the budgets to create something so...average.
I didn't like the primitives either. They kinda reminded me of the Gentlemens' helpers or whatever from Hush for some reason. And yeah, I won't really miss Lincoln but I was hoping for/expecting a more meaningful death. Seems like we agree about Daisy too.

I only watched S3. I think this show is very shallow(in a non-entertaining way). A lot of what happened were downright silly. It's awkward silliness, not adorable silliness. It's like the middle of Buffy S7 being prolonged as a season.
I actually prefer the earlier seasons I think, maybe you should try them?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
I'll agree that this show is better when it has all the core team members involved.

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
The best bit was when the crazy scientist guy was trying to get the brainless minions to help him fix a nuclear bomb. :D

Otherwise, it was okay, but very cliched. So, mediocre. Season 4 looks very promising, though!

Top Bottom