• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Seasons Planned But Never Made

white avenger

white avenger
I just found this video on Youtube (though it's apparently been around since January of last year) that addresses assorted shows that were cancelled, but a next Season had already been planned. Among them of interest to members are "Tru Calling," "Dollhouse," "Angel," Terminator: The Sara Connor Chronicles," and "Firefly." If you've never seen it, and are interested in what might have happened to your favorite shows, have a look, and share your opinions here.

(By the way, the proposed next Season of "Firefly" finally answers a question that has been asked here on the Boards several times in the past.)

Kratos

Potential
Thanks for sharing this video. It was interesting to hear how Dollhouse and Angel would’ve played out if they had got more seasons.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I don't believe for a second Seth Green would have agreed to a stint on Angel. Post-exodus Spike sounds awesome, but I think a dying Earth is far more agreeable to a vampire than Space. I mean, I don't think for a second that an Sino-American Alliance would ensure everyone had the chance to migrate offworld.

white avenger

white avenger
I don't believe for a second Seth Green would have agreed to a stint on Angel. Post-exodus Spike sounds awesome, but I think a dying Earth is far more agreeable to a vampire than Space. I mean, I don't think for a second that an Sino-American Alliance would ensure everyone had the chance to migrate offworld.
Who's to say that, by then, the Alliance wouldn't actually be hiring vampires to act as crew on the ships while the human passengers sleep in cryo? If hyper light speed was never developed, multi-generation ships would be the only alternative, and who better to operate such a ship than someone who didn't age. Synthetic blood would be a simple matter for future technology, so the passengers wouldn't even have to worry about being awakened mid flight to serve as a midnight snack. Added incentive for the vampire crew would be the possibility that whatever alien sun they chose wouldn't accect them the way that ours does.

And, let's not forget, Spike was once the captain of his own bug ship, so he would have the experience for the job.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Interesting, I'll have to check this out. I knew they had planned more for Tru Calling, but got cut early.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I find it hard to miss Tru Calling but more Angel (presumably a mini-arc in a Hell dimension ala the Pylea trilogy) and the Dollhouse stuff sounds great.

So if Spike ended up appearing in Firefly then I guess the Shanshu wasn't for him? Angel became mortal, got domestic and had a bunch of rugrats with Buffy (and maybe Faith as well). Head-canon confirmed.

Taake
Taake
Can’t. Think. Distracted by your avatar

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
That was a lot of fun to watch! The follow up seasons for Tru Calling and Dollhouse sound a bit meh, at least in such short summaries. However, I’ll always wish we had gotten a season 3 of DH (it is probably the Whedon show I re-watch the most at this point) and I do remember watching the last episode of Tru Calling and feeling like things were JUST getting interesting when it ended.

Angel and Firefly sounds great. I’ve no problem believing Seth Green would guest star for a couple of episodes, and would’ve loved it. Mostly though, gosh darn it, I want that Firefly season 2! Serenity and the comics are a comfort (really need to read that one about Book) but I want it on my screen *throws temper tantrum*

Although, Mal would meet a ”much older Spike”... older suggests aging, suggests human? Or do they mean the Master-fruit-punch-mouth older? I’m ambivalent about the idea of combining the Buffyverse with the Fireflyverse, but I wouldn’t have objected to seeing James Marsters guest star. Depending on the point of the scene, it could’ve been great I suppose.

white avenger

white avenger
a ”much older Spike”... older suggests aging, suggests human?
"Much Older" doesn't necessarily mean that he has to look any older, just that he's been around for a long time. As for him being on "Firefly," it does seem to affirm that the show does indeed exist within the Buffyverse, which adds some merit to the possibility that River Tam might actually be a Slayer, as has been suggested here several times in other threads. The mere fact that Spike, and possibly other vampires exists there means that there is still need for one.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I take this with a grain of salt, because that's one of those kind of things that writers say but might not have actually been real.

white avenger

white avenger
I take this with a grain of salt, because that's one of those kind of things that writers say but might not have actually been real.
Well, to paraphrase Mary Poppins, a grain of salt helps the improbable seem possible. We are talking about fantasy and science fiction here. Either genre in and of itself is only limited by the imagination. Combine the two, and all things are possible.

(What would you call a Spike/River ship? Spiver? Rike? You're right. Probability can only stretch so far, then it snaps)

Stanger406

Potential
I've always bought into the idea of River being a slayer, so I'm open to the idea. I don't need Firefly and Buffy to be connected, but this could have been cool if it was done right. I think it probably would have too many plot holes to be reasonable. I also read somewhere that Joss said the Spike idea as a joke at a con, but I haven't been able to find proof one way or the other.

I would have been excited to see Oz return to Angel, even if for just one episode.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Well, obviously season two to five of Firefly would have been the best. I can't say for certain that Buffy fighting evil Cabbage Patch Kids in season eight (I think Seth Green implied that) or Illyria wearing an armor miniskirt in Season 6 would have been that great, but I do know Firefly had as many seasons in it as Joss needed to get into Summer's boots. I mean, the central conceit of Book and the Tams staying on as passengers doesn't quite have that long of a shelf life. But, it was still a lot better than every Star Trek Series' first season, it had potential.

Yes, Joss gets into Girl's boots, just like his version of Netflix and Chill is "Barding and Wine?"

Top Bottom