• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

SEPARATED, pt.2

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
15,180
Age
33
Location
Stockholm, Swe
Black Thorn
(Due to the lenght of the previous thread it has been closed. Carry on!)

Link to previous thread https://buffy-boards.com/threads/separated.66731/page-18
Where you were:

Tara
Tara looks at Willow & Faith "Maybe it wasn't a person but a group ?" she asked them..
Willow

Willow shakes her head. "There are a couple of ways to make a spell really powerful. One is by putting lots of energy into something, simply making it potent. The other way is ritualistic, the right spell components and uh, like 'building blocks' of a spell to amplify its effects. Ooh, like Ethan Rayne can do.
"I think we're dealing with somebody- or sombodies" She says nodding at Tara "that are experienced and have access to powerful spells, but they themselves maybe aren't so much. If that makes sense." She shakes her head as she tries to explain.
"Anyway its gone now so we should get inside and poke about, yeah?"
Tara .
T
ara nods her heads "Like someone reading it from a book instead of knowing it right ?" she said looking at Willow & Faith .
Getting close to Willow as she said that.
 
thetopher
thetopher
Thank you! :)

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,946
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Mod Post

The house stands empty and seemingly abandoned. Stutters on most of the windows make it impssible to see inside. The front door beckons ominously but there looks to be a side door and probably a back one as well.

Faith
Faith looks around at everyone:
- 'Okay, so...front, side or somewhere's else? Reckon I've got an itch to break in through a window but that's just the ex-con in me. Anyone?'
 

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,490
Location
Vancouver, BC
Black Thorn
vI

Let's try knocking first. If it's a friend inside I don't want to start on a bad footing.
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,946
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Faith

- 'Okay, so nice and polite is maybe the way to go.'
Faith walks up the steps onto the front porch, tenses and then knocks on the front door loud enough so hopefully somebody inside the house will here.
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,946
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Mod Post
After waiting a minute with no answer Faith knocks again abd then, glancing back towards Willow, reaches forward and tries the handle. It turns easily. Unlocked.

- 'Real trusting types in these hell dimension neighbourhoods, huh?'
She pushes the door open revealing a surprisingly plush, inviting interior. Well lit and well-cared for, none of which is evident from the outside.

Faith steps inside.
 

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,490
Location
Vancouver, BC
Black Thorn
Vi and Willow step towards the door, following Faith's lead.

Vi: we better be ready for anything

Willow: I was born ready. Well not really. I mean it sounded cool when I thought it but don't think I'm bragging. But you know I think I'm ready, sort of....you know what I mean, right?
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,946
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Faith

Faith puts a finger to her lips and turns her head in an attempt to hear anything.

Mod Post
Everyone else follows cautiously inside, unwilling to wait out amongst the dead. Giles, Amanda and Dawn follow Andrew into a spacious foyer.
The floors around you all are a dark mahogany polished to a shine. The walls are wallpapered with bland beige wallpaper and scattered with paintings of rustic and static countryside scenes.
To your immediate right is a pair of double doors- made mostly of glass that seem to lead into a living room. Ahead a wide hallway leads to a staircase that sweeps out of sight onto the first second floor. Between you and the stairs on your left are two doors and an archway leading deeper into the house.
The only sound you can hear the gentle, rhythmic sound of a ticking clock somewhere to your left.
 

Erickson22

Potential
Joined
Apr 11, 2016
Messages
212
Age
19
Sineya
Andrew follows the group in a hypnotic phase tightly holding his book against his chest and staring blankly
 

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,490
Location
Vancouver, BC
Black Thorn
Vi

I'd say the place looks lived in. Dust free, clock in working order. Someone's home. Will can you use magic to sense who is here and if they're friedly or not?

Willow:

My magic feels wonky, like there is a barrier between me and my connection to the goddesses. I think it's a really strong protection spell and I can't break through it.
 

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
6,674
Sineya
Tara
Tara is shaking a little bit & standing real close to Willow " Something pushing at me " she said in a whisper to Willow .
 
Joined
Mar 16, 2016
Messages
572
Age
31
Willow
Willow looks in alarm at Tara. "Tara, can you sense something? I mean, is somebody trying to affect you?"
Clearing her throat Willow steps towards the front of the group. "Um, hello? Anybody? Anybody home? We got through your barrier spell but we don't mean you any harm...unless you maybe mean us harm. Then that might be, y'know, a bit awkward. But generally we're friendly people, just looking for a little info. Uh, anybody?"

Willow glances at the rest before moving to the double doors on the right and trying one of the handles.
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,946
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Faith
- 'There goes the element of sneakin' I guess.' Faith replies mildly, 'Any of you wanna 'split up' and 'check things out' while we're at it?'
She sighs and shakes her head as she strains to hear anything other than the distant ticking clock. Everything else seems eeirily quiet and tidy.

Mod Post
As Willow touches the door handle there's a mild tingle through her hand- like static shock- before the doors open with a click. The room beyond looks like a spacious and cluttered parlour. More dark wood covers the floor but now there's matching wood panelling on the back walls. The windows all seem to be boarded from the inside as well as having their lacy curtains drawn closed- leaving the room looking gloomy.
The room is stuffed with old furniture- sofa's and chairs around an unlit fireplace, and odd ornements litter the many sideboards, small tables, and book shelves scattered about.

From somewhere deep inside the house the ticking clock suddenly stops.

Willow feels something magical at work.

"Uh-oh."
 

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,490
Location
Vancouver, BC
Black Thorn
Vi

I'm no witch but even I can feel the power, it's rolling through here. *looks over shoulder at door*
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,946
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Mod Post

Amanda looks nervously towards the front door. Giles steps in next to Willow. 'Everyone should keep their wits about them until we're entirely certain-'

Then with a sudden rush of air a peircing howl seems to blast throughout the house, rattling the windows and reverberating off the walls. It seems to come from everywhere at once

Willow looks guilty. 'Uh, I think I might've triggered something!'

'Y'think!' Amanda squeaks.

The howl diminshes after a moment and all is silent again. From somewhere in the rooms up ahead comes a dull thud, as if something heavy just started moving.
 

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,490
Location
Vancouver, BC
Black Thorn
Vi

Shoulder to shoulder guys, I think somethings headed our way and more than likely it's not something good.
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,946
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Mod Post

Amanda turns back around and stands next to Vi.
'Andrew, Mr. Giles, maybe you should back up into that nice parlor place and give us some space, okay?'

Moments after the loud thud comes a couple more deliberate bangs coming from a room up ahead. Tension fills the air. You all become aware of a quiet, wet sucking sound- sort of like ragged breathing through mud- and then one of the doors crashes open and a figure emerges at a dead run:

[URL=http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/cdpoulton9/media/mangey%20apething_zpsgcqkjhlc.jpg.html][/URL]

mangey- ape-y thing.

- 'This must be the guard dog.' comments Faith as the demon- making a gibbering burbling sound- skitters closer.
 

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
6,674
Sineya
Tara stands up from where she fell as the magic had torn through the house " What ........happ...ened ? " she said stuttering
& looking scared .
 

Erickson22

Potential
Joined
Apr 11, 2016
Messages
212
Age
19
Sineya
Andrew

Andrew in a daze drops the mystierious book which makes a loud thud and turns around his eyes glowing red and giving a mysterious croocked smile looking at the group he starts speaking latin.
 
Top Bottom