• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

SEPARATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,498
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
SEPARATED


Sunnydale.


What was once an unassuming suburban town is now a smouldering crater. For some it was your home, for others simply a refuge, now it’s just a battlefield, a grave for all those left behind.


Turning a Hellmouth into California’s newest distinctive landmark was simply one of many remarkable things that happened to you over the past few days; the most being actually surviving the clutches of the First Evil and the horde of ancient vampires that it commanded.

But now the fight is over. The Hellmouth has claimed its last victim.


Or so it seems.


Now, with the big evil smooshed and many of you nursing a colourful variety of injuries, you’ve decided to leave the immediate area before somebody with a badge or a camera turns up asking awkward questions about where that town just went.

So you all crammed onto your getaway school bus and set off somewhat aimlessly. Not thinking much further ahead than ‘away’. Some place to rest and heal up is the main goal for most of you.


You are all tired and spent, dirty and bloody, but also kinda euphoric for not only having survived, but also for having helped save the world.

Perhaps you’re reflective, thinking about those lost friends who fell in battle, why you survived and they didn’t. Or maybe you’re exhilarated by your life to come, a life full of new possibilities. Or perhaps you’re simply relieved to have this craziness over and done with.


As the bus journeys west, towards the sun hanging low in the sky, you all pass the time in different ways.

ROLL CALL:

[URL=http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/cdpoulton9/media/Andrepro_zpscedm0def.jpg.html][/URL]
Andrew is sitting by himself staring out of the window seemingly reflective. In his lap he holds an old and careworn book- perhaps mystical- protectively close.

[URL=http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/cdpoulton9/media/Dawnpro_zpsyjfrcca7.jpg.html][/URL]
Dawn is fast asleep at the back of the bus near to her sister. She snores softly, and has the Slayer scythe jammed securely between her knees and the back of the seat in front of her.

[URL=http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/cdpoulton9/media/Faithpro_zpsessf5j7m.jpg.html][/URL]
Faith rides near the front next to a patched-up and resting Robin Wood. She’s tired but also jittery, jonesing badly for a cigarette as she idly plays with her lighter.

[URL=http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/cdpoulton9/media/Gilespro_zpscjk1uch6.jpg.html][/URL]
Giles is driving the bus, expired licence be damned he wants to get as far away from the structurally unsound sinkhole as quickly as possible. In his haste he might’ve gotten slightly turned around on these back roads...

[URL=http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/cdpoulton9/media/Vipro_zps7veeq2cy.jpg.html][/URL]
Vi is right at the back of the bus, having just finished bandaging the currently horizontal Buffy, whose fierce abdominal wound caught up with her soon after they all came to a stop, which led to Buffy promptly collapsing right after everyone was asking her what she was going to do now. Vi and her well-worn first aid kit sit nearby, flushed with the thrill of victory and her status as newbie slayer slash medic.

[URL=http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/cdpoulton9/media/Willpro_zpshpimvntr.jpg.html][/URL]
Willow sits near the middle of the bus snuggled up next to Kennedy. She’s physically tired from channelling all that magic through her but her mind is alert and buzzing. It’s as if the world around her is waking up for the first time, like things are changing from black-and-white to Technicolor.

[URL=http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/cdpoulton9/media/Amandapro_zps02qnvotz.jpg.html][/URL]
Amanda- thought dead during the battle yet miraculously came to as the Hellmouth was collapsing in on itself- sits upright and semi-conscious a couple of seats behind Faith, where the older slayer dumped her after carrying her to safety. She’s nursing a severe headache despite being given many painkillers and still grips a stake tight in her fist her even though she fades in and out of awareness.



The rumble of the buses engine soon becomes monotonous to you, the vibrations rhythmic. The dust kicked up from around its wheels seems to linger in the surrounding air giving a strange hazy effect to the view outside. The sun hangs low in the sky casting the clouds in a bruised red and purple light, the effect is both beautiful and eerie.


Despite yourselves your concentration drifts a little, so much so that you’re startled when after a while the buses engine grinds loudly and the entire cab seems to shudder violently before rocking to one side and then the other.

The sight outside the windows is now not thick with dust but choked and obscure with desert sand blown hard against the windows, quickly caking them with grit. The air howls and whistles and seems to thicken and pressurse, for a moment the atmosphere feels charged. That ends with a strange fizz-pop as you all lurch in your seats. There’s a flash of white behind your eyes as you lurch and you struggle not to thrown violently all over the place.

For a long moment the bus feels like its going downhill, there’s a swooping feeling in your stomach like you’ve crested a hill too fast and are momentarily airborne.

Then the bus stops moving entirely, jarring you even as the vehicle judders, creaks and then slowly tips on its axis, as if its entire right-hand side were sliding into a ditch. Then it stops again, just as suddenly, suspended in the quiet.



That’s when you all realise that you are the only people on the bus. Those who were next to you, behind you, talking with you, only moments ago, are all gone. As is everything else on the bus- bags of clothes, weapons, all of it vanished without a trace.

Alarmed, you look to each other even as the bus continues to creak and shift ominously around you.

What do you do?
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,498
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
In the silence Faith scrambles to her feet, then quickly freezes on her haunches as the bus lurches suddenly. Shje snaps her head towards the front of the bus.
-'Crap...G what the hell? Picked the worst time to go drag-racing the getaway wheels around.'
She doesn't get an answer but mutters something colourful under her breath anyway. She then peers out the window, seeing nothing but a film of dust over dirty windows that casts the interior of the bus in murky gloom.
'...Right, sound off. Everyone that's here, y'okay?'
 

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,490
Location
Vancouver, BC
Black Thorn
Vi says: "I'm okay, what happened? I've got the first aid kit if anyone is hurt"
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,498
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
The bus is almost eerily quiet except for the occassional groan. There seems to be no more than half a dozen shapes in the gloom, few of them moving about.
Giles lies seemingly unconscious over the steering wheel having been knocked about violently by whatever force overtook the bus.

'Okay, Vi? Good. First up we should get everyone off this Italian Job waitin' to happen. You try and open up the emergency door near the back, I'll get Giles and we'll start hauling ass offa here.'

Faith takes one shaky step into the central aisle and heads towards the front of the bus. Although the whole thing creaks alarmingly it doesn't seem to shift.
 

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,490
Location
Vancouver, BC
Black Thorn
"Faith, I've got the door. Where's Buffy? She was near me right before the accident but now she's gone. Do you know what's happening?"
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,498
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Faith looks back at Vi as she steps beside Giles and prods him- none too gently- in the shoulder. He groans in response but doesn't regain consciousness.
'No clue V, we were just driving off into the sunset when...whatever happened. Look, we'll do a roll call after things are less unstable. The front of this thing seems to be pitched over something, back might be more stable.'
Faith thinks for a moment.
'Find Dawn, B'll be somewhere with the squirt, no doubt.'
 

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,490
Location
Vancouver, BC
Black Thorn
Vi finds her way over to Dawn as the dust starts to settle and her vision improves in the gloom "Dawn, are you hurt? Where's Buffy?"
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,498
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Turning her attention to Giles Faith carefully grabs him under the ams and hauls him from the driver's seat, setting her feet firmly to steady herself and pull them both backwards. The bus shifts slightly, rocking on an axis, but settles down again after a tense moment.

'What, you had to go and find another crater in Sunny Cal to drive off of?' She mutters as she drags slowly him backwards
'Fluu..bub.' mutters Giles as he tries to say something.
'Uh-huh. Back atcha.'

Faith notices not only the lack of people, but also the lack of clutter, bags and weapons that had been scattered across the seats. All of it's gone elsewhere.
Shaking her head she pulls herself and Giles next to the open emergency hatch, sunlight blazing through it intot he dark interior, and finds a steady handhold to pull herself clear of the wreckage.
 

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,490
Location
Vancouver, BC
Black Thorn
Vi turns towards the front of the bus and shouts to Faith "Dawn is unconscious! Buffy is not here." She looks around and spots Willow, Andrew and Amanda in the gloom. "Did any of you see what happen to Buffy?"
 

Rogueslayer

Potential
Joined
Feb 24, 2016
Messages
185
Location
close to the other hellmouth
Black Thorn
Amanda looks up at vi, her eyes struggling to to us and make sense of things through the pounding headache. "I uh I didn't see much of anything, and that's what scares the bejesus out of me right now."
She surveys the rest of the bus and notices faith. "What do we do?" She asks of the other slayer as she grips the stake tighter.
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,498
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Faith
- 'Listen Vi, Buffy's either not here, is taking a nap or...just get everyone to safety, 'kay? That's what Buffy would want.'

With that Faith lowers Giles out of the back of the bus, squinting at the contrasting brighness outside, and sets him down on the dusty road. Then she hops down after and drags him away from the bus by a few feet, looking around quickly to make sure there's no oncoming traffic.

The road seems deserted, on one side there is rolling flatlands, scrub and boulders, on the other a short cliff that dips down a few feet before turning into sandy dunes.

Moving back to the bus Faith climbs back in and notices Amanda staring right at her.

'I just got Giles out and to minimum safe distance. Looks like Willow could use some help, okay Amanda?'
 

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Joined
Nov 2, 2015
Messages
2,490
Location
Vancouver, BC
Black Thorn
Vi says to Amanada " help me carry Dawn out the emergency exit. Andrew, Willow, can you walk to the door?'
 

Rogueslayer

Potential
Joined
Feb 24, 2016
Messages
185
Location
close to the other hellmouth
Black Thorn
Amanda manages to get up shakily. She moves slowly to the back of the bus while fighting the urge to either faint or get sick for them near broken neck she'd suffered at the hellmouth. She finally makes it to door and carefully hops down.
"Where are we?"
 
Amanda hears vi calling for help with dawn, then carefully climbs back in the bus to help vi carry an unconscious dawn.
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,498
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Mod
You both manage to grab ahold of Dawn- who isn't moving at all.
Andrew manages to groggily make his way to the back of the bus and then out. He clutches a book close to his chest. He seems pretty out of it but is moving on his own.

Faith
Faith moves to the centre and helps a shaken Willow down the centre aisle and off the bus to safety.
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,498
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Faith
Faith looks around. 'I guess. I'll do a quick sweep but its looking like we're a little light on bodies. Where the hell..?'
She shakes her in confusion before turning and heading back into the bus to see if she missed anybody.

Mod
Suddenly the wind stirs slightly on the road and you all see a figure...materialise would be the best way to describe it- out of the air. The figure is a blonde woman in her early twenties. She looks disoriented and a little confused:
[URL=http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/cdpoulton9/media/Tarapro_zpsyctw53uz.jpg.html][/URL]
 

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
6,650
Sineya
"Where am looking "Tara said looking around puzzled.
 

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
6,650
Sineya
Tara looks at Amanda " Who are you " she said walking towards her.
 

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
9,498
Location
The Moot, England
Sineya
Mod
Willow shakes her head in numb disbelief and takes a step forward. 'T-Tara...'
Vi gestures towards Willow, 'I, uh, guess she sees her to. And also me. Obviously.'

Faith
After one last failed attempt to find anymore bodies- moving around or not- Faith grabs a rucksack crammed against one of the seats and leaps from the back of the bus. She lands and sees the blonde woman some distance away- somebody who wasn't there before. A passerby?
..She looks a little familiar...
'Uh, hey lady. Everythings okay, just got ourselves a little...hitch.' Then Faith sees the questioning and shocked looks from the rest of the group and comes up short.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom