• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Sharing my own banner art

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
I have been looking for a place to do this, I make so many banners for my fanfic and they don't always get commented on, whether they're good or bad, and comments make me a better artist in the future :)

Starting off, they will be somewhat Spuffy oriented, because those are the main fics I write, but I'll go on Gimp soon and start making non-ship and other-ship banners, too, now that I have a place to share my art!

I'll start with banners for existing stories, starting with the one that seems favored by the readers; it has the most reads and reviews of my 18 stories on EF.

These are banners for stories I'm planning on writing someday :)

My Charmed crossovers:

Then there's my AU where Cordy is the Slayer and Buffy a vampire :)

And finally, the only one I used Photoshop to make, I love it, but I manage just fine with Gimp, too.
(This is also my only non-Spuffy story, technically)

I used Gimp for all but the last one, google to find the images and have dozens (if not hundreds) of brushes that I found on Deviant Art. Most of these are a few years old, my newest is my signature :D

P
Priceless
Wow, gorgeous work
sosa lola
sosa lola
Wow, fantastic!!!!
Ayko
Ayko
Impressive.
Sineya
I love the 'A different kind of destiny' one, it's got lovely imagery and plus it has Paige in it so...:D
Also the Cole/Buffy one is very fitting because Cole is a lot like Spike in many ways...am I the only one that sees the Cole/Phoebe and Buffy/Spike similarities?
Anyway those two are my favourites :)

Puppet

Black Thorn
I love the 'A different kind of destiny' one, it's got lovely imagery and plus it has Paige in it so...:D
Also the Cole/Buffy one is very fitting because Cole is a lot like Spike in many ways...am I the only one that sees the Cole/Phoebe and Buffy/Spike similarities?
Anyway those two are my favourites :)
Thank you, I personally adore the Buffy/Cole one, even though it's one of the oldest I've still got laying around. And you may be right about the similarities, after all I'm both a Spuffy and a Phoebe/Cole die hard shipper at heart :p

Athene
Athene
It makes sense that you ship both of those pairings....they're alike!

Puppet

Black Thorn
Nice work! Think I like 'Window seat' the best......nice bit of Faithy goodness... :)
Lol I thought of you when I posted it, figured you might enjoy that ;)

Though I may be too cheap to pay for PS, I do think that one was my best, at the time it was made. Blending options are simply better in PS than Gimp, imo. Then again, I'm not good with Gimp blending, def need to practice that, lol.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Feel free to practice on banners of Faith any time you please.....you'll always have a positive response here.... ;)
I may do just that, since she's my second favorite BtVS character and the one I identify with the most ;)

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
Cordelia as a slayer could be pretty amazing. I love her face in the banner. However, there is no way even the queen bitca of Sunnidale could stand against a Buffy vampire.

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
Window Seat is my favourite. :) I'm always astounded by people's artistic talents - I just don't have it at all!

I also love your av @Puppet - contrasting Wesleys ;)

Puppet
Puppet
Yes the Wes thing just intrigued me, so I quickly threw it together to replace my old, non-Buffy/Angel one.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Here are a few themed ones, from one of my stories Destruction of Grief. Short summary is that Willow killed a lot more than just Warren at the end of S6 and now she, Anya and a newly souled Spike are the only survivors. They team up with Wes and Faith and try to muddle through their grief, until they find a way to go back in time and try to change the horrible events of their pasts.

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Your compositions and text use are very inspiring! Lovely work.

May I ask, his do you cut your images so well, eg Riley, in the green banner, and Jesse, using gimp?

Puppet

Black Thorn
Your compositions and text use are very inspiring! Lovely work.

May I ask, his do you cut your images so well, eg Riley, in the green banner, and Jesse, using gimp?
I use the Free Select Tool and then make sure not to rush myself. A steady hand does the trick :)
When I've done that, I feather it at 3000 and then use transparency to remove the background.

And thanks, I try my best lol.

GwenRaiden
GwenRaiden
Thanks for the info! I use photoshop and though it is easier, I prefer the more manual way too. :)

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
Pretty in Punk is very cool. I love the colouring, it's very dramatic :)

Puppet

Black Thorn
Pretty in Punk is very cool. I love the colouring, it's very dramatic :)
Yeah I had a lot of fun with that, reminds me of late-90s/early 00s when I was a punk-goth teenager :D

Taake

Bella
Staff member
Black Thorn
So many great ones I don't even know where to start! Really love Fang City and Hell in an Hourglass! All of them really jump out at you though, very appealing color schemes and uses of text! :D

Puppet
Puppet
Thank you, text is one of my favorite things to add.

Puppet

Black Thorn
A couple of quick ones I threw together, was in the mood for it. Think I like the first one better, though I do think the text on the second could work for other banners. Only now discovered that one :)

Top Bottom