• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Shield spin offs?

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I read that they was a mini spin off called Slingshot, has anyone seen it?

Do you think that there is potential for other mini spin offs in the future?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I know there was a web-series starring Yo-Yo, which might be the one you're thinking of; and also there was going to be a 'Most Wanted' with Mockingbird and Hunter that never got past the pilot (its why both characters were written out mid-S3).

I think there could be scope for doing something a bit more small-scale with some of the characters; like maybe concentrating on policing/taking care of a specific city or area of the US. Like Fitz/Simmons, Mac, Mey and Hunter using their spy skills to help folks 'ignored by regular supers'.

Quake could join a super team I guess; maybe in a mentorship role in the upcoming 'New Warriors' or have her, Deathlock (need more of him), Mockingbird and a few other low-level Marvel supers team-up and police a city that has a meta-human problem of some kind.

Use Quake to try to gently re-boot the pretty dire 'Inhumans' show?

Alternatively just have them guest-star on the Marvel Netflix shows; Quake briefly teams up with Jessica Jones, Fitz/Simmons meets the Runaways, Mey meets Colleen Wing; that kinda thing would be awesome comic-book stuff.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Yoyo is my least favourite character, so I hope a spin off chooses someone else.

I like your ideas @thetopher. I thought for sure that Quake would feature in Inhumans. I didn't mind that for easy watching. One season did the job for it though.

I want Deathlock in Luke Cage. Quake could work well in Jessica Jones, but she would be utterly hilarious if faced with FitzSimmons. I definitely want more FitzSimmons, any way I can get them! Without the threat of a Whedon killing one off (for good). I didn't like The Runaways at all but would watch it again if they were in it.

Top Bottom